new slide action on the market

Welcome to the Leverguns.Com Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here ... politely.

Moderators: AmBraCol, Hobie

Forum rules
Welcome to the Leverguns.Com General Discussions Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here other than politics... politely.

Please post political post in the new Politics forum.
KWK
Senior Levergunner

new slide action on the market

Post by KWK »

I was interested to see another slide action come on the market -- and from Europe again. Browning's late BPR was the last to try to nudge into Remington's 7600 market, and it quickly lost out. Krieghoff in Germany is now having a go with their Semprio. Perhaps such rifles are not fashionable in Europe, for they call it an "in-line repeater" instead of a "slide" or a "pump." A promotional video is available on YouTube.

It's a curious action. The barrel and the receiver are pushed forward to eject and then pulled back to chamber. It looks clumsy, and the only advantage I can see is you can pull the rifle into your shoulder with both hands. This can take a bit of the sting out of heavy recoiling cartridges, but these are usually not used in slide actions.

It's nice to see companies still trying. The Germans continue to create many interesting new rifle designs, such as Heym's SR 30 straight pull bolt gun. Indeed, more new designs seem to come out of Germany than the US these days.
Rusty
Advanced Levergunner

Re: new slide action on the market

Post by Rusty »

Well ugly is as ugly does. Looks like they sure did waste a really nice lookin piece of wood on that stock.
If you're gonna be stupid ya gotta be tough-
Isiah 55:8&9

It's easier to fool people than it is to convince them they have been fooled.
rjohns94
Advanced Levergunner

Post by rjohns94 »

interesting but not for me
Mike Johnson,

"Only those who will risk going too far, can possibly find out how far one can go." T.S. Eliot
Charles
Advanced Levergunner

Post by Charles »

There will be a small nitch market for the rifle among the upscale gun club folks, simply because it is new, from Europe and probably expensive. It the average American rifle buyer will give it the cold shoulder.
kimwcook
Advanced Levergunner

Post by kimwcook »

It looks awkward to me. It might just be the way the action works. Doesn't do a thing for me. Sure do like the looks of that wood though.
Old Law Dawg
CBinNH
Levergunner 2.0

Post by CBinNH »

While I probably won't empty half my gun safe to finance one, I like that it has the takedown feature.