1886 Browning Forest Service

Welcome to the Leverguns.Com Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here ... politely.

Moderators: AmBraCol, Hobie

Forum rules
Welcome to the Leverguns.Com General Discussions Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here other than politics... politely.

Please post political post in the new Politics forum.
Joe Reilly
Levergunner 2.0

1886 Browning Forest Service

Post by Joe Reilly »

How many 1886 Carbines were made for the Forest Service Centennial? Were there any made in the rifle configuration? Thanks.
NRA Benefactor Member

My mind is like a steel trap,
rusty and illegal in 37 states.
Hobie

Re: 1886 Browning Forest Service

Post by Hobie »

I don't think there were any rifles. I want to say 2000 of the carbines produced in 1990-1991. Not certain though... I think they look much better in person.
Sincerely,

Hobie

"We are all travelers in the wilderness of this world, and the best that we find in our travels is an honest friend." Robert Louis Stevenson
Thunder50
Senior Levergunner

Post by Thunder50 »

Had to have made the rifles, as I saw one at our local show, but my wallet was about $100 too light to buy it. Have regretted losing that one since. Doesn't happen with too many guns, but I really liked the looks of it.
The meek shall inherit the earth, but I reserve the mineral rights!
All the knowledge in the world, is of no use to fools! (Eagles-long road out of Eden)
DBW
Senior Levergunner

Post by DBW »

Found this doing a Google search. Shows to be only 2000 made. Other photos show it to be a rifle and not a carbine.

"Quando Omni Flunkus Moritati"
Hobie

Post by Hobie »

I've never seen the rifle.

This one interested me as it came out when Dad was still alive (27 years with the Forest Service).
Sincerely,

Hobie

"We are all travelers in the wilderness of this world, and the best that we find in our travels is an honest friend." Robert Louis Stevenson
Sixgun
Posting leader...
Location: S.E. Pa. Where The Finest Winchesters & Colts Reside

Post by Sixgun »

One thing for sure about those Browning SRC/Rifles-----they shoot! (and can take one heck of a load)-------------Sixgun
1st. Gen. Colt SAA’s, 1878 D.A.45 and a 38-55 Marlin TD