OT - CZ 82

Welcome to the Leverguns.Com Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here ... politely.

Moderators: AmBraCol, Hobie

Forum rules
Welcome to the Leverguns.Com General Discussions Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here other than politics... politely.

Please post political post in the new Politics forum.
deerwhacker444
Senior Levergunner

OT - CZ 82

Post by deerwhacker444 »

What do you folks think the CZ 82 along with matching 9x18 Hornady XTP ammo? Reliable enough for self defense? Never shot one myself, but they do look tempting.
"If ever a time should come, when vain and aspiring men
shall possess the highest seats in Government,
our country will stand in need of its experienced patriots
to prevent its ruin
." Samuel Adams
Cliff
Levergunner 3.0

Re: OT - CZ 82

Post by Cliff »

I have a CZ-82 in 9X18, never bobbled or hung up. These were the military sidearm I got mine with a great holster, extra magazine and waist lanyard. Really good shooters. All I have shot is european or russian ammo. Never tried any of american made stuff. I like the cartridge and the gun. Only thing I would advise is to get some A-Z snap caps if you desire to dry fire it a bunch. It seems many of the Czech pistols have trouble breaking firing pins. I have several of them and never had that happen. I also have the CZ-83 which was the Czech Police issue pistol, which is a 32ACP, but only one magazine. Haven't found more yet. They are a solid gun and well priced as a bargin. Most are not blued rather painted finish. Good Luck.
2ndovc
Advanced Levergunner

Post by 2ndovc »

I got a CZ 82 for Christmas this year and love it.
Have run a bunch of different ammo through it including
some Russian HP but haven't
been able to find any Hornady ammo for it.

Been very happy with the accuracy and reliability of mine.

jb 8)
jasonB " Another Dirty Yankee"

" Tomorrow the sun will rise. Who knows what the tide could bring?"
awp101
Advanced Levergunner

Post by awp101 »

The 82 gives you 9mm Mak performance with Czech ergonomics. I like the 9mm Makarov caliber but the actual Makarov pistol is uncomfortable to me. Traded for an 82 and I REALLY like it!

Fired a .380 version and I'd like one of those as well as the 83 in .32ACP.
Nothing so needs reforming as other people's habits.
-Mark Twain

Proverbs 3:5; Philippians 4:13

Got to have a Jones for this
Jones for that
This running with the Joneses boy
Just ain't where it's at
Hobie

Post by Hobie »

The 9x18 round is adequate, the Hornady load among the best of the breed (they are all expensive now compared to the introductory $60 per 500 rds price). The Czech product has a good reputation.
Sincerely,

Hobie

"We are all travelers in the wilderness of this world, and the best that we find in our travels is an honest friend." Robert Louis Stevenson
Pisgah
Senior Levergunner

Post by Pisgah »

The local gun-'n'-pawn bought a dozen of these in "good" condition, cheap, and paid me to clean up, test, and generally prep for sale. It was a very enjoyable job! These are very well-made guns, more accurate than they need to be, and in firing 150 total rounds of Wolf through the dozen pistols I had absolutely no feeding or ejection problems -- not exactly a huge test, but telling. The round sort of sits in between the .380 and the 9x19, not exactly a powerhouse but certainly viable for self defense. I've long loved the Mak, but I will say that these were a lot more fun to shoot. Naturally, I picked the nicest and put it on layaway for my favorite gun nut (me!). :D
CBinNH
Levergunner 2.0

Post by CBinNH »

Deerwhacker,
Here is the one I just picked up this week. I like it. Other than the scratch visible on the slide it is like new. Nice single & double action trigger pull. I just ordered some Hornady XTP's this morning from Sportsmansguide. With buyers club discount they were $15.46 per 25. Not cheap but last week I received a case of 1000 Silver Bear zinc plated case hardball for $207 delivered for plinking. Wolf is also an affordable option. I like that ammo is available at a reasonable cost during the current hoard faze/craze. The only centerfire factory/surplus load I can shoot any cheaper is 7.62x25 Tokarev in my CZ 52.
O.S.O.K.
Advanced Levergunner

Post by O.S.O.K. »

Mine's a pip. The only issue I had was that the beavertail had sharp corners on the cut-out and that put a blister on the web of my hand. But this was solved with a stone to take the edges off.

Shoots great. Best deal going really.

I shoot the silver bear rusky stuff for practice and use my own handloads with Hornady XTP's for carry.
NRA Endowment Life
Phi Kappa Sigma, Alpha Phi 83 "Skulls"
OCS, 120th MP Battalion, MSSG
MOLON LABE!