375 Marlin Hammer Spur - Needed

Welcome to the Leverguns.Com Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here ... politely.

Moderators: AmBraCol, Hobie

Forum rules
Welcome to the Leverguns.Com General Discussions Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here other than politics... politely.

Please post political post in the new Politics forum.
azoil
Levergunner 2.0

375 Marlin Hammer Spur - Needed

Post by azoil »

I have several for the newer wide hammer style, but don't have any spares for the old narrow hammer. Does anyone have 1 or 2 they want to sell? Thanks, Dave.
Griff
Posting leader...

Re: 375 Marlin Hammer Spur - Needed

Post by Griff »

azoil wrote:I have several for the newer wide hammer style, but don't have any spares for the old narrow hammer. Does anyone have 1 or 2 they want to sell? Thanks, Dave.
Ain't sure, but Numrich lists one for the Marlin 375, and the detail shows it's the same as the 1895. Didn't know there were different width hammers. Mine wears a scope and needs the spur, otherwise...
Last edited by Griff on Mon Sep 03, 2007 11:35 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Griff,
SASS/CMSA #93
NRA Patron
GUSA #93

There is a fine line between hobby & obsession!
AND... I'm over it!!
No I ain't ready, but let's do it anyway!
Old Savage
Posting leader...

Post by Old Savage »

Ah, Dave, got one on the 375 but that is it. 8)
In the High Desert of Southern Calif. ..."on the cutting edge of going back in time"...

azoil
Levergunner 2.0

Post by azoil »

Guys, I found the one on Numrich's site. I may just get two as I have a couple of the Marlins with the narrow hammer. Thanks for the help guys.
Leverdude
Senior Levergunner

Post by Leverdude »

Ain't sure, but Numrich lists one for the Marlin 375, and the detail shows it's the same as the 1895. Didn't know there were different width hammers. Mine wears a scope and needs the spur, otherwise...
Griff,
The pre saftey hammers were slimmer than the newer ones by about 1/8" or so. The old type are one thickness thruout but the newer are the same where it pivots but fatter where it fits thru the upper tang & rear of the bolt.