OT- My Rossi SS Almost Reborn (Thanks Scott!)

Welcome to the Leverguns.Com Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here ... politely.

Moderators: AmBraCol, Hobie

Forum rules
Welcome to the Leverguns.Com General Discussions Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here other than politics... politely.

Please post political post in the new Politics forum.
GANJIRO

OT- My Rossi SS Almost Reborn (Thanks Scott!)

Post by GANJIRO »

One of my most used rifles the past few years has been my Rossi R357S stainless steel single shot in 357 mag and has accounted for most game collected in recent memory. Even though lightweight (4lbs.) it's 23" barrel made her a tad unweildy in the brush.

As his contribution to the Texas Safari Scott aka salvo offered to cut to 16.25" and crown the barrel, and also cut a dovetail for a new front sight. I must say he has done a BEAUTIFUL job!

I plan on adding a Williams peep, and stripping black paint off stock and staining her a "Winchester" red. I shall post pics when complete.
Thanks you Scott (salvo) for the beautiful work, and making this upcoming trip even more memorable.
Bigahh
Levergunner 3.0

Post by Bigahh »

Ji,

That rifle has got to be an absolute "Treat" to carry around, and fun to shoot too. Would like to see one just like it in my safe!
Andrew
Advanced Levergunner

Post by Andrew »

It looks good Ji. I had seen your little Rossi before but didn't know it was a painted stock, I just figured it was synthetic when I saw the black.

Oh well, you know what happens when people assume.... :P
ImageImage
Qui tacet consentit. (silence implies consent)
The Boring Blog
Old Savage
Posting leader...

Post by Old Savage »

Interesting variation you have created.
In the High Desert of Southern Calif. ..."on the cutting edge of going back in time"...

Ysabel Kid

Post by Ysabel Kid »

Looks awesome Ji!!! :D
awp101
Advanced Levergunner

Post by awp101 »

Nice! :D

I never considered a single shot .357 for anything before...sounds like I might need to get a barrel and carbine stock for my TC after all! :twisted:
Nothing so needs reforming as other people's habits.
-Mark Twain

Proverbs 3:5; Philippians 4:13

Got to have a Jones for this
Jones for that
This running with the Joneses boy
Just ain't where it's at
Hobie

Post by Hobie »

NEAT!
Sincerely,

Hobie

"We are all travelers in the wilderness of this world, and the best that we find in our travels is an honest friend." Robert Louis Stevenson
salvo
Senior Levergunner

Post by salvo »

Ji, I'm glad you like the pictures & work, I can't wait to see the shortened barrel mounted on the receiver.
If the Post Office does as good of job getting the barrel to me, you should have it around Monday I would guess.
Hope you have a great hunt and I'm glad I could pitch in a little bit.
ScottS

"No arsenal, no weapon in the arsenals of the world, is so formidable as the will and moral courage of free men and women."
-- Ronald Reagan
jazman
Levergunner 3.0

Post by jazman »

Very cool, nice job all around. Jim
"If you're gonna be a bear, be a grizzly"
DiamondD
Levergunner

Very nice

Post by DiamondD »

There is a lot to be said for a single shot .357 with a pistol in the same caliber.
Snoopin & Shootin,

Dean
2ndovc
Advanced Levergunner

Post by 2ndovc »

What a perfect camping, trail, everything gun!

Now I want one. I've been looking at the ones that Gander Mountain have in 7.62x39. Might have to go get one now!!

8)
jasonB " Another Dirty Yankee"

" Tomorrow the sun will rise. Who knows what the tide could bring?"
cutter
Levergunner 2.0

Post by cutter »

A lot of those little rifles have beutiful wood underneath the paint, as do the H&R Handirifles. I have a newer H&R 12ga that was pinted camo, the wood underneath had a lot of 'curl' to it.

Sweet rifle, by the way.
Tristan
Levergunner 2.0

Post by Tristan »

Ji, that's a sweet looking little rifle. That'll be a joy to tote in the woods... Do you reload for it?

- Tristan
Swampman
Levergunner 3.0

Post by Swampman »

That's gonna be a cool little rifle.
"I have reached up to the gun rack and taken down the .30/30 carbine by some process of natural selection, not condoned perhaps by many experts but easily explained by those who spend long periods in the wilderness areas."~Calvin Rutstrum~

"You come to the swamp, you better leave your skirt at the house"~Dave Canterbury~
GANJIRO

Post by GANJIRO »

Tristan wrote:Ji, that's a sweet looking little rifle. That'll be a joy to tote in the woods... Do you reload for it?

- Tristan
So far no, though I have reloaded 357 mag and have all the components, a few years back I inherited from a closing indoor range several hundred rounds of 357 mag, and several thousand rounds 38 Special ammo both in nickel cases and both 158 grain copper wash SWC. I bought this rifle to help burn up the ammo (wife says "why didn't you just sell the ammo?" hate it when she's logical). I have several hundred semi jacketed 160 grain SPEER SWCs as well as some 180 cast SWCs to reload but just too busy at the moment but surely will work up loads for Texas Safari.