We,ve posted a guard ---

Welcome to the Leverguns.Com Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here ... politely.

Moderators: AmBraCol, Hobie

Forum rules
Welcome to the Leverguns.Com General Discussions Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here other than politics... politely.

Please post political post in the new Politics forum.
Old Savage
Posting leader...

We,ve posted a guard ---

Post by Old Savage »

Yes at the fireplace. It's cowboytutt - "on the road again" with his 1888 Mauser 71/84. And, a fine one it is. He is on his Christmas road trip. An advance party for Santa.

Last edited by Old Savage on Tue Dec 25, 2007 1:59 am, edited 1 time in total.
In the High Desert of Southern Calif. ..."on the cutting edge of going back in time"...

Ysabel Kid

Post by Ysabel Kid »

Looks well-prepared! :D
JReed
Advanced Levergunner

Post by JReed »

:D :D
Jeremy
GySgt USMC Ret

To err is human, To forgive is devine, Neither of which is Marine Corps policy
Semper Fidelis
claybob86
Senior Levergunner

Post by claybob86 »

Nice looking rifle! :D And the smile is contagious! :D
Have you hugged your rifle today?
WCF3030
Senior Levergunner

Post by WCF3030 »

Blends in well with the background.
That which does not kill me has made a grave tactical error.

http://thewoodsman1.blogspot.com/
2ndovc
Advanced Levergunner

Post by 2ndovc »

Those are cool rifles. A good frind of mine had one that i fired a few times . lots of fun :D

8)
jasonB " Another Dirty Yankee"

" Tomorrow the sun will rise. Who knows what the tide could bring?"
jnyork
Advanced Levergunner

Post by jnyork »

Outstanding. The only rifles of that model I have seen were rusted out hulks. Where does a guy find an item like that?
Kilroy6644
Levergunner 1.0

Post by Kilroy6644 »

That's one gorgeous rifle!
KILROY WAS HERE

"It's too bad that whole families have to be torn apart by something as simple as wild dogs."
Marlin .35
Levergunner 2.0

Post by Marlin .35 »

I agree with jyork, where are guns like that being sold. All I see is the rusted, oil soaked stock, missing parts ones. Could buy a new rifle for what the refinishing would cost!!! Art
Dead Calm is alive and well!!!!!!!
CowboyTutt
Advanced Levergunner

Post by CowboyTutt »

Hey guys, been a busy holiday, and I have very limited internet access here with family, so the details of my trip will have to wait until I get home Jan. 6th or so. Thanks as always for the kind words. You guys are aweful nice to this 41 year old buck.

I was able to get away and have another splendid dinner with OS and his family. OS has two lovely daughters and a son, and all went to college and are good kids. Since I deal with dysfunctional families daily as a school psychologist, I really respect OS's accomplishments as a family man. Well done, Fred!

One of his lovely daughters wanted to dance, and was willing to teach me how to swing dance, so who was I to say no? Be still my beating heart.

Yeah, I lucked out by finding this particular 71/84 at Gunbroker, although it was not cheap at $1360. I've been tracking them since the summer, and this is the nicest one I had seen, at what seemed like a reasonable price.

Even O.S. didn't realize that these are a TUBULAR MAGAZINE bolt rifle. Sort of a levergun/bolt hybrid, in a sense. They actually hold 8 rounds of 11mm Mauser in the tube, one on the lifter, and one in the chamber for a total of 10 rounds. Impressive! Now that I have dismantled and cleaned up this rifle once, with the help of some new friends, my appreciation for their construction just grows. I will tell you all more about it with pictures when I'm able.

I will have a range report soon, with an interesting cast of characters involved.

Thanks to everyone, and I hope everyone had an enjoyable Christmas, hopefully went to church for just a little bit, and enjoyed the time with their families!

God Bless,

Andy Tuttle aka CowboyTutt
Old Savage
Posting leader...

Post by Old Savage »

Our man Tutt in swingdance class, Sorry there FW - we were out of tutus.

His instructor,

In the High Desert of Southern Calif. ..."on the cutting edge of going back in time"...

CowboyTutt
Advanced Levergunner

Post by CowboyTutt »

You just had to, didn't you OS? I guess I opened the door though. Actually, I think that was the Salsa Dance Class at the time. And your daughter is much prettier than the photo. Hey, everyone had a nice time! Hope you can go shooting with us over the holiday break.

-Tutt
C. Cash
Advanced Levergunner

Post by C. Cash »

Looking good Cowboy Tutt! And now we also know why OS keeps his firearms in good working order. :wink: Looks like a good time..wish we all could gather, eat and shoot more together.
But God demonstrates his own love for us in this: While we were still sinners, Christ died for us. Romans 5:8
Old Savage
Posting leader...

Post by Old Savage »

You know C - wouldn't want to have to chicken gut anyone but Andy was a perfect gentleman and his instructor said he was an excellent student and picked things up quickly.

Old Savage
Posting leader...

Post by Old Savage »

By the way, that is the sight in target for my first 30-06 made late 80's stamped into the cutting board, wonderful rifle.

cas
Senior Levergunner

Post by cas »

I have but two things to say...

"Evil military assault rifle!" :D

and

"Wow!" :shock: (not talking about rifle) 8)
Slow is just slow.