OT But a new to me non-lever

Welcome to the Leverguns.Com Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here ... politely.

Moderators: AmBraCol, Hobie

Forum rules
Welcome to the Leverguns.Com General Discussions Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here other than politics... politely.

Please post political post in the new Politics forum.
CBinNH
Levergunner 2.0

OT But a new to me non-lever

Post by CBinNH »

I just picked up a CZ 52 arsenal refurb. Extra mag, holster & cleaning rod. With shipping & transfer fee a whopping $264. It is like new. UPS man delivered a case of 1224 Romanian 80's production 7.62x25 yesterday. It was $134 delivered.
After I got the cat out of the bag
http://www.levergunscommunity.com/viewt ... =1&t=15520
I hit the range. What a blast! I shot a 72 round box without any malfunctions. Sorry I didn't bring more. I enjoyed shooting it more than a Springfield XD-M 9mm I bought last week. For what I paid for the XD I could buy 2 more CZ's & another 1224 ammo tin & have change left. I know the surplus ammo is corrosive, but as my Uncle Don used to tell me "Corrosive '06 ammo worked real good for me on the Japs in my M1. Clean it when you're done." I can't shoot any other centerfire cheaper. It has more zip than a 32 H&R mag. I'm going to order some more surplus & I may try some Wolf JHP. It is supposed to chrono at 1550fps.
Old Ironsights
Posting leader...

Re: OT But a new to me non-lever

Post by Old Ironsights »

What's the threaded dealy to the right front of the trigger guard?
C2N14... because life is not energetic enough.
מנא, מנא, תקל, ופרסין Daniel 5:25-28... Got 7.62?
Not Depressed enough yet? Go read National Geographic, July 1976
Gott und Gewehr mit uns!
CBinNH
Levergunner 2.0

Post by CBinNH »

There is one on the other side too. Pulling them down enables you to remove the slide.
Old Ironsights
Posting leader...

Post by Old Ironsights »

Cool. Now, save the brass and cast some proper HPs for it and it will be really interesting... :wink: :lol:

(I really liked my CZ50(s)... too bad I couldn't carry tem without having them rust within 24hrs...)
Gott und Gewehr mit uns!
milton
Levergunner 2.0

Post by milton »

They are fun to shoot but I wouldn't dry fire it!The original firing pin will break easily when dry firing.There is(was?) a site on the net that had a replacement spring loaded firing pin that you can safely dry fire.
"Knowledge without understanding is a dangerous thing. For a little knowledge entices us to walk its path, a bit more provides the foundation on which we take our stand, and a sufficient amount can erect a wall of knowledge around us, trapping us in our own ignorance."
2ndovc
Advanced Levergunner

Post by 2ndovc »

Amazinly accurate pistols. Uses the same roller lock principle as the German G3.
Real pain to remove the barrel but once you figure it out it gets easier.

That's the great thing about surplus guns. Tewnty five years ago they were $1000 pistols but
with the demise of the Iron Curtain boat loads of the CZs came flooding into the country.

I've had one for about 10 years. What a blast and cheap to shoot. One thing
you have to watch is a LOT of the 7.62x25 is Very corrosive.

I bought a few cases of Chinese ammo several years ago and still have about a case.

Neat pistols. I think I need to pick up another. :D

jb 8)
jasonB " Another Dirty Yankee"

" Tomorrow the sun will rise. Who knows what the tide could bring?"
Old Ironsights
Posting leader...

Post by Old Ironsights »

milton wrote:They are fun to shoot but I wouldn't dry fire it!The original firing pin will break easily when dry firing.There is(was?) a site on the net that had a replacement spring loaded firing pin that you can safely dry fire.
First thing I did with my CZ50(s) was to pull the firing pin and have a replacement made from D2 Tool Steel.

And yes, after I had the new one made as a spare I used the original until it broke from dry firing... even with a snap cap.
Gott und Gewehr mit uns!
CBinNH
Levergunner 2.0

Post by CBinNH »

I sent payment for a stainless firing pin the day after sending payment for this pistol.
bbleverfan
Levergunner 1.0

Post by bbleverfan »

those things shoot fast and hard. as previously stated dont dry fire.
milton
Levergunner 2.0

Post by milton »

Another thing to consider is to bring a couple of guys along when you shoot it with baseball gloves!!If yours is like mine it throws brass into a low earth orbit and I never see it again! :shock:
"Knowledge without understanding is a dangerous thing. For a little knowledge entices us to walk its path, a bit more provides the foundation on which we take our stand, and a sufficient amount can erect a wall of knowledge around us, trapping us in our own ignorance."
Old Time Hunter
Advanced Levergunner

Post by Old Time Hunter »

Whats really cool is that you can pick up a 9mm barrel for them cheap....I think Cheaper Than Dirt has some yet. Then you can make believe you have two guns!