POLITICS

Welcome to the Leverguns.Com Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here ... politely.

Moderators: AmBraCol, Hobie

Forum rules
Welcome to the Leverguns.Com General Discussions Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here other than politics... politely.

Please post political post in the new Politics forum.
Idahoser

POLITICS

Post by Idahoser »

:D
Last edited by Idahoser on Wed Feb 06, 2008 3:44 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Blaine
Posting leader...

Post by Blaine »

Don't be like that: America has yet to see her best years........
The Rotten Fruit Always Hits The Ground First

Proud Life Member Of:
NRA
Second Amendment Foundation
Citizens Committee For The Right To Keep And Bear Arms
DAV
J Miller
Member Emeritus

Post by J Miller »

BlaineG wrote:Don't be like that: America has yet to see her best years........
I wish I could believe that. But I'm not affected with headimus rectimus syndrome. I see they country as it deteriorates. I've watched it since 1963. The defects, the druggies, the antiestablishment types of the 60s and 70s that wanted to destroy this country then are running it now.

From what I've seen this next election will either pull this country back together, or finish it's demise. And I don't see any candidate that has a snow balls chance in hell of pulling it together. They are all too wishy washy and week kneed. Not one of them thinks of the U.S.A. first. All of them are too locked in on the world.

To paraphrase a line in the Bible: You gotta fix your own problems before you can fix other peoples problems.

Our last three presidents have been so obsessed with the world (one world government actually) they've all but ignored their own people.

Joe
***Be sneaky, get closer, bust the cap on him when you can put the ball where it counts ;) .***
Bogie35
Senior Levergunner

Post by Bogie35 »

J Miller wrote: I wish I could believe that. But I'm not affected with headimus rectimus syndrome. I see they country as it deteriorates. I've watched it since 1963. The defects, the druggies, the antiestablishment types of the 60s and 70s that wanted to destroy this country then are running it now.

From what I've seen this next election will either pull this country back together, or finish it's demise. And I don't see any candidate that has a snow balls chance in hell of pulling it together. They are all too wishy washy and week kneed. Not one of them thinks of the U.S.A. first. All of them are too locked in on the world.

To paraphrase a line in the Bible: You gotta fix your own problems before you can fix other peoples problems.

Our last three presidents have been so obsessed with the world (one world government actually) they've all but ignored their own people.

Joe
Excellent post. :)
It's sad and depressing, but true. I'm so glad we have God, who is above all this chaos. And most of all, that He forgives us for being amongst it.

"You gotta fix your own problems before you can fix other peoples problems."

Very true. And you know, most of what Jesus said had to do with minding our own business.

Have a most Merry Christmas despite it all!
bogie
Idahoser

Post by Idahoser »

Last edited by Idahoser on Wed Feb 06, 2008 3:45 pm, edited 1 time in total.
DDude
Levergunner 1.0

Post by DDude »

The best years of this nation are long gone as far as I'm concerned. An era that occurred before I was even born. When the Constitution meant something and wasn't just a piece of toilet paper. When Liberty and Freedom meant liberty and freedom and not entitlement or enslavement to the whims of polititians elected by citizens looking for entitlements.

America is dying from an internal infection. Only two ways to fix it... vote for men and women who will uphold the Constitution as envisioned by the founders... or exercise the 2A as the last resort. I have no hope of the former, and little hope for the latter.
FALPhil
Levergunner 1.0

Post by FALPhil »

Idahoser wrote:Hope truly springs eternal.
Yes, but how do you act your hope out?

Let me give an example of where I am headed with this question:

In 1971, Juliane Köpcke fell 2 miles from a Lockheed Electra that disintegrated over the Amazon jungle in eastern Peru. She survived with a broken collar bone, lost sight in one eye, and a severe gash in her left arm. She had hope and she acted on it. All she had was what she was wearing - a t-shirt, a miniskirt, and one sandal. She knew that water ran downhill, and if whe wen downhill, she would find a stream, and if she followed the stream, it would lead to civilization. She walked into a hunting hut 10 days later and was rescued.

Contrast that with the Blackwater Aviation crash out of Bagram. A crew member survives. He had hope that someone would rescue him. He acted on the at hope by deciding to wait for rescue. He died.

I think there may be a principle involved in using hope as part of a strategy...

H
Blaine
Posting leader...

Post by Blaine »

I might be older than some. I remember when I thought America was neck deep in poop after watching Kennedy through Carter slice and dice everything.....then We got Reagan...........I'm not saying this in a confrontational mannor, but if you think it's over, dig a hole and climb on in....it ain't over by a long shot, and I hope you're ready to pitch in and see to it that it isn't instead of mopeing and whineing about it. :wink:
The Rotten Fruit Always Hits The Ground First

Proud Life Member Of:
NRA
Second Amendment Foundation
Citizens Committee For The Right To Keep And Bear Arms
DAV
Junior
Levergunner 2.0

Post by Junior »

Believe it or not, someday this will be the "good ol' days." Politics is a pendulum. It swings right, then left, etc., etc. We will have 4 to 8 years of Democratic rule. The new ruler will forget she's mortal and imperfect and screw up. Then we'll have 4 to 8 years of Republican rule. Then we'll have. . . .

I once read about an ancient cuneiform tablet dug up somewhere. Basically, it complained about the younger generation taking the world to hell in a handbasket.
LeverBob
Senior Levergunner

Post by LeverBob »

"Better buckle your seatbelts, the ride is going to get bumpy."

The world situation doesn't change who I am, seeing these things cause me to look up for my redemption draweth nigh. If I'm here, then I'm going to run to the fight, not away. If I'm not, then I'm basking under the shadow of the Almighty. Either way, I win....big time.

So do you....all my brothers & sisters.

LeverBob
Keep the faith!
Old Ironsights
Posting leader...

Post by Old Ironsights »

"A Cold Civil War"... What would that entail, exactly? A cold war is a war without conflict, defined in one of several online dictionaries as "[a] state of rivalry and tension between two factions, groups, or individuals that stops short of open, violent confrontation." In that respect, is the current political climate one of "cold civil war"? I think arguments could be made to that effect. My mother, not much of a political enthusiast, has made similar assessments since the 2000 election ..."
I have not read a better assessment.

I guess I'm a Fifth Columnist in the Civil War because I dont support either faction...
C2N14... because life is not energetic enough.
מנא, מנא, תקל, ופרסין Daniel 5:25-28... Got 7.62?
Not Depressed enough yet? Go read National Geographic, July 1976
Gott und Gewehr mit uns!
FWiedner
Advanced Levergunner

Post by FWiedner »

I believe that the situation is worse on a grander scale than people think.

We do, of course, have the "cold civil war" to contend with, and the truth is that this is a trap deliberately set by our globalist leaders to divide us as a people on every conceivable issue. We are a house divided, undefended, and unable to stand for a fight.

What is worse is that those same leaders are deliberately forcing the nation deep into debt, which is causing a devaulation of our currency, weakening our nation's economy, and also those of our international allies who are heavily invested in the dollar.

Why would they do this? In order to force the economy into depression. A deliberately caused and engineeered world-wide depression.

This will increase their grip on power. They will use this coming worldwide depression to call for centralizing monetary control.

Everything else is a smokescreen.

:(
crawdaddyjim
Levergunner 2.0

Post by crawdaddyjim »

Look, the way I see it is. If you vote for Dr.Paul (real MD and obstetrician at that) you do several things.

1. You may not elect the person you like best, but.
2. You will send a loud message that the path of our country is not the right one.
3. You will send a message to other people who say he can't be elected/ he is crazy. If he gets a large percentage of the votes and or carries a few states in the primaries the other candidates will see actual voters voting for what they want from the candidate who is elected.
4. If he does get elected you can bet the congress will be in a tizzie like when Teddy Roosevelt was elected.
5. I see no down side to voting for Dr. Paul. If he is elected POTUS then it is up to congress to work with him for the betterment of our country. If they choose not to then the people of the U.S.A. will see them as they truly are.

Brief Overview of Congressman Paul’s Record:

He has never voted to raise taxes.
He has never voted for an unbalanced budget.
He has never voted for a federal restriction on gun ownership.
He has never voted to raise congressional pay.
He has never taken a government-paid junket.
He has never voted to increase the power of the executive branch.

He voted against the Patriot Act.
He voted against regulating the Internet.
He voted against the Iraq war.

He does not participate in the lucrative congressional pension program.
He returns a portion of his annual congressional office budget to the U.S. treasury every year.

Congressman Paul introduces numerous pieces of substantive legislation each year, probably more than any single member of Congress.
Congressman Paul’s consistent voting record prompted one of his congressional colleagues to say, “Ron Paul personifies the Founding Fathers’ ideal of the citizen-statesman. He makes it clear that his principles will never be compromised, and they never are.â€
Idahoser

Post by Idahoser »

Last edited by Idahoser on Wed Feb 06, 2008 3:45 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Mojo
Levergunner 2.0

Post by Mojo »

Very astute observation FWiedner. That's exactly what is happening. It's all about separating the classes into the "haves" and "have nots" with the "haves" holding all the power and controlling the money while the "have nots" are in a position of servitude. It's been happening since the 1920's and is still happening today. The stage has been set and the final act is warming up. There is much that I can say about the role our Federal government has to play in all of this but that will have to wait until another thread.

I saw a staggering statistic over the weekend. Americans now owe $920,000,000,000 (that's billion, with a "B") in credit card debit and 50% of those in debit with the credit card companies are 90-days or more delinquent in their payments. Couple this with the current mortgage crisis and you can see where we as a country are in a pretty scary place. Our economy is built entirely on make-believe money and the whole house of cards is on the verge of tumbling down. It would take very little to put the collapse into motion. Now all that needs to happen is for the government to take measures to disarm the citizens and viola, there we are. The only way out of this mess is for Americans to make an individual commitment to not play into the scenario and stop being controlled.

As a side note, another statistic recently released said that China and India currently have more people enrolled in Engineering degree programs than we have people here in the U.S. Think about that for a minute.
If you can see the big picture, you are not focusing on your front sight.
Nath
Advanced Levergunner

Post by Nath »

:lol: are you all talking about Britain :? Sounds like it :!:
Democracy to me has allways meant mob rule and the mob is getting smart :!:
Psalm ch8.

Because I wish I could!