New 50 Alaskan

Welcome to the Leverguns.Com Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here ... politely.

Moderators: AmBraCol, Hobie

Forum rules
Welcome to the Leverguns.Com General Discussions Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here other than politics... politely.

Please post political post in the new Politics forum.
86er
Advanced Levergunner

New 50 Alaskan

Post by 86er »

This is a .50 AK that was given to me as a gift from my friend Mike in Oregon. He sent me the gun and ammo because he is not using it. He said if he hunts again he has another rifle and a 500 Linebaugh handgun to do the job.

This was a Marlin 45-70. New barrel and mag tube; parkerized finish; big loop lever; bear claw extractor/ejector; happy trigger (2.6 pounds clean); Wild West rear sight with Williams firesight front sight; Decelarator recoil pad; sling swivels; action job.

I suppose it will be my bear gun loaded with Hawk bullets and my back-up gun for clients shooting dangerous game when loaded with 500 grain Hawk, 525 grain Cast Performance and/or Punch staggered loads.

Al
Levergunner 1.0

Post by Al »

sweet.

About the only thing my friends give me, is beer............................. then they ask for thn bottles back so they can get their .10 deposits back. :cry:
WCF3030
Senior Levergunner

Post by WCF3030 »

Nice Rifle and a even better Friend!!
Should work well in a sticky situation.
Poohgyrr
Levergunner 3.0

Post by Poohgyrr »

:D

That sounds like a real good friend there. And a sweet Lever too.

A big congrats on both.
John
Family, blue steel & wood, hot biscuits, and fresh coffee.
Luke 22:36 Romans 12:17-21 Ephesians 4:26-32
"Life brings sorrow and joy alike. It is what a man does with them - not what they do to him - that is the true test of his mettle." T. Roosevelt
salvo
Senior Levergunner

Post by salvo »

Congrats! Great friends are few and far between.
Nice rifle too :D
Griff
Posting leader...

Post by Griff »

That's sounds like a VERY good friend. Congrats on yer new rifle and thanks for posting pictures of it.
Griff,
SASS/CMSA #93
NRA Patron
GUSA #93

There is a fine line between hobby & obsession!
AND... I'm over it!!
No I ain't ready, but let's do it anyway!
86er
Advanced Levergunner

Post by 86er »

I am replying to my own topic because I was caught off guard by the other replies. What I mean is that I referred to the gift-giver as my friend. Well I meant it, but the way the responses were worded made me realize just how much of a friend. You see, I have never met Mike in person. In fact, I don't even know what he looks like. I bought some stuff from him starting one year ago. Since then we talk regularly. I have sent him a bunch of goodies here and there and he has reciprocated. I trust him with information and tangible stuff. He is trying hard to come on the levergunners Africa Safari with us. The responses made me realize that Mike is a good friend and someone that is hard to find. I realize he is an even better friend than my perspective was before this post. Thanks for the comments about the gun AND my friend Mike!
Pete44ru
Advanced Levergunner

Post by Pete44ru »

[I have never met Mike in person. In fact, I don't even know what he looks like. Mike is a good friend and someone that is hard to find.]

I'll say ! IIRC, a WWG .50AK, like that, is upwards of $2500.
papabear
Levergunner 2.0

Post by papabear »

that is one sweet looking gun but i think I'll stick with my 35 that one looks like it might have too much kick even for me
Grizzly Adams
Levergunner 3.0

Post by Grizzly Adams »

Now that's a friend indeed!

Great rifle! Jim West does fine work. When I was living in Alaska, I spent a lot of time hanging out at Wild West Guns. Good folks. :)
If you can read this, thank a teacher. If you can read this in English, thank a Vet!
COMNAVFORV, Vietnam 68-70
NRA Life, SASS Life, Banjo picking done cheap!

Quyana cekneq, Neva