OT Gillibrand keeps guns under her bed

Welcome to the Leverguns.Com Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here ... politely.

Moderators: AmBraCol, Hobie

Forum rules
Welcome to the Leverguns.Com General Discussions Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here other than politics... politely.

Please post political post in the new Politics forum.
Otto
Levergunner 3.0

OT Gillibrand keeps guns under her bed

Post by Otto »

Found this on another forum, thought it was interesting.

http://www.newsday.com/news/local/polit ... 3835.story

Note the poll responses:
-I have no problem with it

-I don't care, but how does her husband feel?

-Why does she need guns?

-It's insensitive to gun violence victims
So much for unbiased media. One neutral response, 3 negative responses and not a single positive. I am shocked.
"...In this present crisis, government isn't the solution to the problem; government is the problem." Ronald Reagan

"...all experience hath shewn, that mankind are more disposed to suffer, while evils are sufferable, than to right themselves by abolishing the forms to which they are accustomed." Declaration of Independence
Old Ironsights
Posting leader...

Re: OT Gillibrand keeps guns under her bed

Post by Old Ironsights »

BUt then, the vote IS 96% Positive.

I actually agree with her reasoning. Once she disclosed that & where she has UNSECURED firearms in her house she was ethically bound to move them... or set up a goblin shooting gallery.

Cover & Concealment is as importent to non-carried firearms as it is to CCWs.
C2N14... because life is not energetic enough.
מנא, מנא, תקל, ופרסין Daniel 5:25-28... Got 7.62?
Not Depressed enough yet? Go read National Geographic, July 1976
Gott und Gewehr mit uns!
Otto
Levergunner 3.0

Post by Otto »

The response is 96 percent NEUTRAL. The poll does not offer an actual positive response. The best one can say is "I don't care." There is no option that conveys support.
"...In this present crisis, government isn't the solution to the problem; government is the problem." Ronald Reagan

"...all experience hath shewn, that mankind are more disposed to suffer, while evils are sufferable, than to right themselves by abolishing the forms to which they are accustomed." Declaration of Independence
adirondakjack
Senior Levergunner

Post by adirondakjack »

Gillibrand comes from a district just a few miles from me. It's very conservative, very much in the "rural", agricultural mode (aside from one small, liber-ish city) and she's from a gun-friendly family. as Chucky Schumer said "her district has more in common with Montana than NYC". She is of course toning down the "hard right" stuff that got her a 100% rating from the NRA, now that she must win re-election in all of NY, including the rotten apple, but she's a good gal and a friend to all of us (more than we can say about her predecessor by a darned sight). In her upstate home, a gun would be EXPECTED to be somewhere in the home, under a bed, behind the kitchen door, in a bedroom corner..... In NYC, it would be less common and more likely locked up......
Certified gun nut
Old Ironsights
Posting leader...

Post by Old Ironsights »

Otto wrote:The response is 96 percent NEUTRAL. The poll does not offer an actual positive response. The best one can say is "I don't care." There is no option that conveys support.
I beg to differ. When all of the other responses are essentially negative the "I don't care" is positive.

FWIW, true RKBA is the application of "I Don't Care". RKBA means "I Don't Care if YOU want or don't want to own a gun, and YOU shouldn't care if I do either."

Mandatory Gun Ownership is as much an infringement on Rights as Mandatory Gun Prohibition.
C2N14... because life is not energetic enough.
מנא, מנא, תקל, ופרסין Daniel 5:25-28... Got 7.62?
Not Depressed enough yet? Go read National Geographic, July 1976
Gott und Gewehr mit uns!
cvarcher
Levergunner 2.0

Post by cvarcher »

I cant believe that dumb newsday paper printing that on the front page! Who cares if she has a gun or where she keeps it--its her choice and none of anyones business. If I were her I wouldnt even answer any questions pertaining to it either. Its her intelligence and heart that she was hired for not her toys. GROW UP NEWSDAY.
Hobie

Post by Hobie »

I understand she said her view on guns is "broadening" now that she represents all of NY. The Dems are leaning on her and no doubt looking forward to her vote in the next year or so.
Sincerely,

Hobie

"We are all travelers in the wilderness of this world, and the best that we find in our travels is an honest friend." Robert Louis Stevenson
Boreman
Levergunner 3.0

Post by Boreman »

Good on her. Keep all of your guns,lady. It's nobody's business where and what firearms you keep. I am glad she did not disclose her safety measures,even if they were ironclad,some dogooder would make a federal case out of it.
Model-71's forever !!!!
NRA Patriot Life Member
Endowment level
FOPA #5
GOA,Inc
WVCDL,INC