OT: Maine Bear Hunt Week One and TWO

Welcome to the Leverguns.Com Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here ... politely.

Moderators: AmBraCol, Hobie

Forum rules
Welcome to the Leverguns.Com General Discussions Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here other than politics... politely.

Please post political post in the new Politics forum.
86er
Advanced Levergunner

OT: Maine Bear Hunt Week One and TWO

Post by 86er »

WEEK ONE
We had 10 hunters, most from this forum:

TW5920, BigMike, Foxtrapper, 86er, PaPaBear, RAC, Keepitreal, DanE. et al... I did not hunt bear at all.

Here are the results:

3 bears killed
2 misses (one bow, one rifle)
4 additional seperate bear seen over bait - no shots fired.

That's actually 5 days hunting as some guys opted to fish a day and not sit in the stand.

We did kill one F-250 truck on the way there leaving 5 seats for 7 passengers. We almost killed RAC. He fell out of the treestand and broke some ribs and a finger. Feel better Roger!

We caught a ton of smallmouth and walleye. One hunter chose to varmint hunt and called in a coyote but couldn't get a shot. I saw a big bull moose that walked right up to me while I was in a ground blind scouting.

Everyone's bait was hit in the morning when we checked it. The full moon was against us!
If you absolutely must kill a bear I suggest the 6 day trip where we have been 100%. Here is one of the bears taken on the 3rd day:

WEEK TWO:

2 bear on one bait Monday
1 bear on a different bait Monday

2 bears taken TUESDAY. Both forum members but used a bow on this hunt. More to come!
Last edited by 86er on Wed Sep 05, 2007 7:44 am, edited 1 time in total.
KirkD
Desktop Artiste

Post by KirkD »

Thanks for the update. Sorry to hear about RAC. It could have been worse.
WCF3030
Senior Levergunner

Post by WCF3030 »

Sounds like a good time.
Still working out trying to go next year.
TedH
Advanced Levergunner

Post by TedH »

PICS MAN! We need more PICS!
RAC
Levergunner

Post by RAC »

KirkD wrote:Thanks for the update. Sorry to hear about RAC. It could have been worse.
I only missed the 2 bottom rungs of the ladder. Hit on my side on a small log. Feeling much better now. If fact, I was able to get on the tractor today and mow the pond levee where I shoot.