Montana Bullet Works

Welcome to the Leverguns.Com Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here ... politely.

Moderators: AmBraCol, Hobie

Forum rules
Welcome to the Leverguns.Com General Discussions Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here other than politics... politely.

Please post political post in the new Politics forum.
JohndeFresno
Advanced Levergunner

Montana Bullet Works

Post by JohndeFresno »

Purely unsolicited praise of one of our sponsors. I previously used LTD Custom Cast Bullets, recommended by Junior Doughty, formerly on this forum but now found at CastBoolits forum, for the reliable old standard .30-30 round, the 173 gr. Lyman #311041. That supplier's bullets worked very well for me, and the service and pricing was excellent, so I had no cause to look elsewhere. For the past several months they have quit taking orders, due to what the website describes as a supply shortage.

So I decided to try Dave Jennings' product. He gave me immediate response to my questions and sent the product that I ordered, apparently on the same day of the order, with a follow-up e-mail that he hoped that the product suited my needs. I ordered a modest amount of 200 bullets, so I would call his customer relations "excellent."

I have ordered another 200 of his Lyman #311041 173 gr. FN-GC Lubed .30-30 hard cast (BHN 22) bullets, which he sized to .309 specifically for my 336 Marlin Centennial. The bullets are consistent, accurate, and shoot cleanly in my levergun at a variety of velocities. Dave makes these with the Lyman #2 Alloy, heat treated. If I find that we can use lead on target ranges next year (we'll see), then I'll order a larger amount to stock up with this, my new favorite cast .30-30 bullet.

The REAL price - that's with postage and handling - came to $53.04, or $.2652 per round, with my small order. Very reasonable. Larger orders drop the price, of course. Service, quality, fair price - you frequently don't find all three these days, and when I find a businessman who attempts to deliver, I quickly become a very loyal customer.

I know that this sounds like an advertisement; but I am no relation to Mr. Jennings, and have business interest; am not a resupplier. I'm just a consumer of modest amounts of product who really appreciates courteous, excellent service from an honest businessman. Dave has certainly won my loyalty.
Last edited by JohndeFresno on Sat Feb 14, 2009 1:39 am, edited 1 time in total.
CBinNH
Levergunner 2.0

Re: Montana Bullet Works

Post by CBinNH »

I too had good results with .433 bullets and 405 Win bullets from Montana Bullet Works. I will order from them again when need arises.
RKrodle
Senior Levergunner

Post by RKrodle »

Montana Bullets Works make good stuff. I've used them and am totally happy. Fast service, good prices, and a quality product.
Ricky

DWWC
C. Cash
Advanced Levergunner

Post by C. Cash »

You bet....great people and great bullets. I am going to try and call them next week to order up another batch of their .359 RCBS 200 Gr. FNGC's. They work good! :mrgreen:
But God demonstrates his own love for us in this: While we were still sinners, Christ died for us. Romans 5:8