I'll be changin jobs in a month.

Welcome to the Leverguns.Com Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here ... politely.

Moderators: AmBraCol, Hobie

Forum rules
Welcome to the Leverguns.Com General Discussions Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here other than politics... politely.

Please post political post in the new Politics forum.
jengel
Levergunner 2.0

I'll be changin jobs in a month.

Post by jengel »

I have worked for the county for 12 years now. About a month ago, I was offered a job in Atwood Kansas as a gun shop manager / gunsmith for an all new gun shop. I can't wait until January 18th, my last day with the county. This new job will pay $17,000 more a year than I was making with the county. The commissioners are regretting their decision not to pay the $1000 extra a year to keep me. It it kind of funny that they didn't realize how much stuff I did until they look at replacing me.

I was the Emergency Manager for my county and built the program from the ground up, I was the first full time EM in the history of the county. Before that I worked as a Sheriff's deputy for over 10 years.

I will get to play with guns every day. Woo Hoo......
Andrew
Advanced Levergunner

Post by Andrew »

I am glad you were able to decide, last I remeber reading it was still in the air. Congrats on the new job and good luck! :D
ImageImage
Qui tacet consentit. (silence implies consent)
The Boring Blog
JReed
Advanced Levergunner

Post by JReed »

I wish you the best of luck in your new proffession. I will keep you in mind the next time I need some work done :D
Jeremy
GySgt USMC Ret

To err is human, To forgive is devine, Neither of which is Marine Corps policy
Semper Fidelis
Ysabel Kid

Post by Ysabel Kid »

Congrats jengel. Looking forward to your future posts where you get to tell us this was the best decision of your life!!! :D
El Chivo
Advanced Levergunner

Post by El Chivo »

Congrats. I have the same decision to make, except that I would stick to the same job description with a different company. Not looking forward to it, but will probably have to hunt this spring. Move my stuff, location, find a new mechanic, pizza parlor, DISASTER!!! but doable.

The darn new year, always the same, new choices to make, re-evaluation, etc.
"I'll tell you what living is. You get up when you feel like it. You fry yourself some eggs. You see what kind of a day it is."
Swampman
Levergunner 3.0

Post by Swampman »

The one thing to remember is that when you get older, a retirement check and medical insurance will be something you'll really really need. I advise all young people to get any kind of government job they can, and stick with it until they retire.

I didn't and I'll be working until I die most likely.
"I have reached up to the gun rack and taken down the .30/30 carbine by some process of natural selection, not condoned perhaps by many experts but easily explained by those who spend long periods in the wilderness areas."~Calvin Rutstrum~

"You come to the swamp, you better leave your skirt at the house"~Dave Canterbury~
jengel
Levergunner 2.0

Post by jengel »

The new job has the same medical and BETTER retirement by over double. I'm not worried about that. The only problem is the 60 miles a day that I will be driving and the 11 extra hours of work a week. That fine. I'll be messing with guns... Yahoo.....
steveb
Levergunner 2.0

Post by steveb »

Congrats Jengel! :)
Pete44ru
Advanced Levergunner

Post by Pete44ru »

TAKE THIS JOB AND SHOVE IT ! :lol: :lol: :lol:

[The commissioners are regretting their decision not to pay the $1000 extra a year to keep me.]

Didn't they know that you'd quit better jobs than that, before ? :wink: