Just a thought

Welcome to the Leverguns.Com Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here ... politely.

Moderators: AmBraCol, Hobie

Forum rules
Welcome to the Leverguns.Com General Discussions Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here other than politics... politely.

Please post political post in the new Politics forum.
Swampman
Levergunner 3.0

Just a thought

Post by Swampman »

It seems better when forums have a separate off topic section.
"I have reached up to the gun rack and taken down the .30/30 carbine by some process of natural selection, not condoned perhaps by many experts but easily explained by those who spend long periods in the wilderness areas."~Calvin Rutstrum~

"You come to the swamp, you better leave your skirt at the house"~Dave Canterbury~
Ysabel Kid

Post by Ysabel Kid »

I beg to differ - I like having everything here. I do like folks appropriaely labeling their topic in the subject field. We have seemed to settle on a few mainstays for off-topic discussions. "OT" covers general topics not related to leverguns, such as discussions on handguns, gun rights, prayer requests, etc. "Political" covers just that - political discussions, especially ones not related to firearms. "Humor" covers the funny stuff - and we need some of that to keep us all sane.

I guess I'm just too lazy to check other sections! :wink:
Old Time Hunter
Advanced Levergunner

Post by Old Time Hunter »

I agree with 'sabel. Easier to see what's the hot topic.
claybob86
Senior Levergunner

Post by claybob86 »

IIRC, we had this conversation awhile back and the concensus was that we like it the way it is. :wink:
Have you hugged your rifle today?
GANJIRO

Post by GANJIRO »

Sort of like a smorgasborg or buffet- pick whatcha like and leave whatcha don't but plenty of variety and choices. :lol:
Old Savage
Posting leader...

Post by Old Savage »

This seems to keep the group together more. They seem to diverge at the other sites.
In the High Desert of Southern Calif. ..."on the cutting edge of going back in time"...

DDude
Levergunner 1.0

Post by DDude »

As a newbie to the forum I find it "different" in relation to other forums where I'm a member. At first I wondered why OT, Humor, Prayer Requests, etc. weren't segregated but after several days of lurking and then registering I kinda like that it's all brewed in one big pot. :D
Last edited by DDude on Sat Dec 22, 2007 8:28 am, edited 1 time in total.
RKrodle
Senior Levergunner

Post by RKrodle »

I also like it the way it is. Besides, I CAN'T TAKE ANYMORE CHANGE, LEAVE MY LEVERGUNS ALONE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :D

Ricky
Borregos
Advanced Levergunner

Post by Borregos »

I like it the way it is, choice is good :D :D
Pete
Sometimes I wonder if it is worthwhile gnawing through the leather straps to get up in the morning..................
Pete44ru
Advanced Levergunner

Post by Pete44ru »

:roll:

Chuck 100 yd
Advanced Levergunner

Post by Chuck 100 yd »

I agree, one page with everything is best! :)
sore shoulder
Advanced Levergunner

Post by sore shoulder »

Yep, one page. Always been that way. If you dont like a subject, back out of it and go somewhere else. It aint wasting your time if you dont waste your time on it. Simple enough. If you want more pages, there are plenty of other sites. However my experience is it just leads to too many pages, and a sort of segregation and sometimes outright bigotry. Which seems the underlying tone of this thread Swampman. You don't want to see threads that you don't like, so you want to make a rule against them, and segregate them in a different area. Kind of a whiner aint ya?
Most folks here have employed the courtesy of labeling them OT. so, if you see OT before the title, and you see a name of a member you don't see eye to eye with, I think some self moderation would work for most people, instead of trying to corral some into a different group.
Swampman
Levergunner 3.0

Post by Swampman »

It sure is hard to find the on topic stuff.
"I have reached up to the gun rack and taken down the .30/30 carbine by some process of natural selection, not condoned perhaps by many experts but easily explained by those who spend long periods in the wilderness areas."~Calvin Rutstrum~

"You come to the swamp, you better leave your skirt at the house"~Dave Canterbury~