HUMOR - Don't mess with old people

Welcome to the Leverguns.Com Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here ... politely.

Moderators: AmBraCol, Hobie

Forum rules
Welcome to the Leverguns.Com General Discussions Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here other than politics... politely.

Please post political post in the new Politics forum.
JReed
Advanced Levergunner

HUMOR - Don't mess with old people

Post by JReed »

For your enjoyment.

HOW TO CALL THE POLICE WHEN YOU'RE OLD AND DON'T MOVE FAST
ANYMORE.

George Phillips of Meridian, Mississippi, was going up to bed when his wife told him that he'd left the light on in the garden shed, which she could see from the bedroom window.

George opened the back door to go turn off the light but saw that there were people in the shed stealing things.

He phoned the police, who asked "Is someone in your house?" and he said "no". Then they said that all patrols were busy, and that he should simply lock his door and an officer would be along when available. George said, "Okay," hung up, counted to 30, and phoned the police again.

"Hello, I just called you a few seconds ago because there were people stealing things from my shed. Well, you don't have to worry about them now because I've just shot them." Then he hung up.

Within five minutes three police cars, an Armed Response Unit, and an ambulance showed up at the Phillips' residence and caught the burglars red-handed.

One of the Policemen said to George: "I thought you said that you'd shot them!"

George said, "I thought you said there was nobody available!"

(True Story) - Don't mess with old people!!
Jeremy
GySgt USMC Ret

To err is human, To forgive is devine, Neither of which is Marine Corps policy
Semper Fidelis
Jeeps
Levergunner 3.0

Post by Jeeps »

"With age comes wisdom"

After my four years in the Corps I drove a beer truck for 12 years. One of my favorite things to do was to save the American Legion, VFW, or any bar that older gents would frequent for my last stop. After delivering I would pull up a stool, order a ginger ale and listen to them jab at each other sometimes trying to put in my two cents and in doing so learning alot.

All the wisdom the world could ever need or want, instead we just bumble our way through life.

I never listened to my parents when they tried to teach me.

My son doesn't listen when I try to teach him.

Funny how it just goes round and round.
Jeeps

Semper Fidelis

Pay attention to YOUR Bill of Rights, in this day and age it is all we have.
Pete44ru
Advanced Levergunner

Post by Pete44ru »

Please refer to my sig line. :lol:
pharmseller
Senior Levergunner

Post by pharmseller »

Jeeps wrote:"With age comes wisdom"

After my four years in the Corps I drove a beer truck for 12 years. One of my favorite things to do was to save the American Legion, VFW, or any bar that older gents would frequent for my last stop. After delivering I would pull up a stool, order a ginger ale and listen to them jab at each other sometimes trying to put in my two cents and in doing so learning alot.

All the wisdom the world could ever need or want, instead we just bumble our way through life.

I never listened to my parents when they tried to teach me.

My son doesn't listen when I try to teach him.

Funny how it just goes round and round.

Mmmmmm...Beer...

Quinn
We are determined that before the sun sets on this terrible struggle, our flag will be recognized throughout the world as a symbol of freedom on the one hand, of overwhelming power on the other.

General George C. Marshall, 1942
jazman
Levergunner 3.0

Post by jazman »

darn, all I heard was BEER too! :P
"If you're gonna be a bear, be a grizzly"
danthegunman
Levergunner 1.0

Post by danthegunman »

That was a good laugh :lol: :lol: :lol:
That which does not kill us makes us stronger!

Dan Printz/Gunsmithing
The Firing Pin
Call Before You Shoot!

http://www.danthegunman.com
dan@danthegunman.com
Semper Fi
John14:6 <((><
Sixgun
Posting leader...
Location: S.E. Pa. Where The Finest Winchesters & Colts Reside

Post by Sixgun »

Very true indeed. (the age/wisdom thing) What the elderly dude did was well, gentle. Next to child predators, I dispise thieves the most and there ain't no tellin' what I might have done. I tend to go into rages when I see dirtbags steal other people's "product of their sweat". :evil: :evil: -----------------------Sixgun
1st. Gen. Colt SAA’s, 1878 D.A.45 and a 38-55 Marlin TD

Ysabel Kid

Post by Ysabel Kid »

:D :D :D