New furniture for the Marlin .375

Welcome to the Leverguns.Com Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here ... politely.

Moderators: AmBraCol, Hobie

Forum rules
Welcome to the Leverguns.Com General Discussions Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here other than politics... politely.

Please post political post in the new Politics forum.
Advanced Levergunner

New furniture for the Marlin .375

Post by 1886 »

I ordered some new wood for the .375 about 4 months ago. I asked for the wood to be "hand selected" for quality. I waited approx. one month for the wood to arrive. I called several times asking for delivery a date. I was told to be patient for the Marlin reps were selecting special wood for me. Imagine my excitement. My .375 would soon wear the prettiest wood in the land. One summy day the little, brown truck arrived with my special wood. I could hardly contain myself as I eagerly opened the box containing my special wood. What a belly flop, the wood was just O.K. Certainly not special and certainly not worth the 5 week wait. I called Marlin and sent the wood back. Fast forward. I caught the itch to restock the Marlin .375 again so another call to Marlin. This time I just ordered replacement wood with no special requests. Well surprise surprise. The Marlin reps must have misplaced my first order and sent my special wood on the second go around. I am going to tease you all for a bit but rest assured it was worth the wait. I am in the process of refinishing the butt and forearm with a cherry stain topped off with multiple layers of tung oil and mineral spirits. I will complete the process with strait tung oil. Pics to follow but rest assured it was worth the wait. 1886.
salvo
Senior Levergunner

Post by salvo »

Sure, just make us wait, like you had too.
ScottS

"No arsenal, no weapon in the arsenals of the world, is so formidable as the will and moral courage of free men and women."
-- Ronald Reagan
LeverBob
Senior Levergunner

Post by LeverBob »

What a tease....bet your date didn't get kissed the first time either, poor girl. x

LeverBob
Can hardly wait for the pics...so...hurry up bub!
Advanced Levergunner

Post by 1886 »

I was the one that did not get kissed. I was always more willing but... Seriously, when I finish the job I will post the pics. Thanks. 1886.