OT - Questions about T/C Encore 50cal

Welcome to the Leverguns.Com Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here ... politely.

Moderators: AmBraCol, Hobie

Forum rules
Welcome to the Leverguns.Com General Discussions Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here other than politics... politely.

Please post political post in the new Politics forum.
joachim slim
Levergunner 2.0

OT - Questions about T/C Encore 50cal

Post by joachim slim »

a friend has a Encore that is 50 cal with a wood stock, forearm and uses the 209 primer. he is asking $485 for the gun. are these good rifles? are you able to buy other barrels to put on the gun?
Hobie

Post by Hobie »

Yep, you can get shotgun as big as 12 ga. and many chamberings of rifle barrels. You can even set it up for rimfire! Just takes a bit money... :lol:

No, I'm not laughing at you, I have 21 Contender barrels and two frames... :oops: :lol:
Sincerely,

Hobie

"We are all travelers in the wilderness of this world, and the best that we find in our travels is an honest friend." Robert Louis Stevenson
Pete44ru
Advanced Levergunner

Post by Pete44ru »

[he is asking $485 for the gun. are these good rifles?]

My son recently bought a new Pro-Hunter .50, the one with the flex-tech stock & stainless steel metal for $800; and also a .300 Win Mag extra barrel/forend for another $300.

Then he put matching Burris (?) scopes on the two barrels - the scopes with multiple circles in the lower vertical reticles, to make hitting at various long ranges a snap.

I wasn't comfortble shooting it, but he took two Caribou with it at 350+ yards (3 shots) - so they're certainly viable.
shawn_c992001
Levergunner 3.0

Post by shawn_c992001 »

With aftermarket barrels the possibilities are pretty much endless. Even 416 Rigby and 50 Alaskan. Some of mine like my .405 will cloverleaf 3 shots at 100 yards.
WCF3030
Senior Levergunner

Post by WCF3030 »

Buy it!!
That which does not kill me has made a grave tactical error.

http://thewoodsman1.blogspot.com/
mohavesam
Levergunner 2.0

Post by mohavesam »

inspect the bore & breech plug thoroughly. Then buy it and start collecting barrels.

Its a lifelong hobby.
I'm positive God created the universe... I'm just not convinced He had any choice in the matter.
-A. Einstein
El Chivo
Advanced Levergunner

Post by El Chivo »

WELL IT'S NOT A LEVERGUN, IS IT?
"I'll tell you what living is. You get up when you feel like it. You fry yourself some eggs. You see what kind of a day it is."