OT: Anyone Going To The NH Gunshow Jan 10 ?

Welcome to the Leverguns.Com Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here ... politely.

Moderators: AmBraCol, Hobie

Forum rules
Welcome to the Leverguns.Com General Discussions Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here other than politics... politely.

Please post political post in the new Politics forum.
Pete44ru
Advanced Levergunner

OT: Anyone Going To The NH Gunshow Jan 10 ?

Post by Pete44ru »

I hope to get myself, along with a couple of shotguns ( a 20ga Beretta O/U & a 12ga RS NEF) and maybe a Marlin 1895SS to sell, to the Manchester, NH gunshow this Saturday morning about 10:00 or so.

A friend is going with me, to sell his .30-30 Savage 170 pump rifle.

If any can make it, it's downtown, at the convention center (The Center of NH) in the Radisson Hotel.

I'd be pleased to say HIYA, to any & all that can make it. :)
Last edited by Pete44ru on Tue Jan 06, 2009 8:54 pm, edited 1 time in total.
CBinNH
Levergunner 2.0

Re: OT: Anyone Going To The NH Gunshow Jan 10 ?

Post by CBinNH »

I hope to make it there. My employer may have other plans for me though. May depend on how much snow we get then too. Yesterday local weather station called for a little tomorrow, now saying 5 to 10". More for Saturday. I like the Manchester show a little more than the Concord one. A bit roomier & cleaner. Kind of dark & gloomy in Concord's old hockey quonset hut.
Chris
Pete44ru
Advanced Levergunner

Post by Pete44ru »

I hope to see you there, Chris - I'll be the F.O.G. with a red Ruger ballcap & F/S flags flying from the muzzles of any unsold guns I have inhand. ;)

BTW - I posted pics (not great, tho) of what we're taking, in our Classifieds.
Last edited by Pete44ru on Tue Jan 06, 2009 8:54 pm, edited 1 time in total.
CBinNH
Levergunner 2.0

Post by CBinNH »

I'll look for you Pete if I'm able to go. Good luck selling. I've sold a few using your method.
bigbore442001
Levergunner 3.0

Post by bigbore442001 »

Hmm. I have not been to a gunshow in a few years. I may go to see if anyone wants to buy an old Savage pump shotgun I have.
CBinNH
Levergunner 2.0

Post by CBinNH »

I just may bring my banished to the back of the safe Marlin LTS to see if someone wants to make an offer I can't refuse or as trading stock if something tickles my fancy.
Pete44ru
Advanced Levergunner

Post by Pete44ru »

Even though I didn't get to meet with any forum members, the Manchester show, today, was kicking !

The doors opened at 9AM, I arrived @ 10AM, and had to wait in line for an hour to get in the door !
The line stayed that long until noontime - I would guess the show was crowded today because heavy snow is predicted for Sunday morning.

My friend, with his Savage .30-30 pump, took sick and couldn't make it - but I sold all three of my guns, and spotted a rifle I hadn't seen in my travels in a very long time.
Sooooo, I bought it - a .22 WRM Winchester 9422XTR.

That whiteline spacer on the sling eye is going in my scrounge box tonite.

CBinNH
Levergunner 2.0

Post by CBinNH »

Darn Pete,
I got there with my wife around 10:30. Waited in the long line. As I commented to my wife about never seeing the line this long at other shows, a gent ahead of us said I must not have been to any gunshows since the election. As we got within 100' of the entrance, I saw a FOG (Fabulously Overgunned Guy) in a red Ruger hat carrying guns with f/s signs. I looked for you as I browsed but never saw you again. Glad you were able to make your sales & pick up a jewel. I took my Marlin for a walk, no takers. Off to Gunbroker. Chris
2ndovc
Advanced Levergunner

Post by 2ndovc »

Nice looking .22!

I went to a little show here in Northern OH yesterday. The usual 15 minute drive took almost an hour. Think we ended up with about eight inches of snow.

There was a nicely re-done Win. Low wall .22 lr on an old fellow's table that I probably would have bought had I sold the guns I was peddeling.

jb 8)
jasonB " Another Dirty Yankee"

" Tomorrow the sun will rise. Who knows what the tide could bring?"
Pete44ru
Advanced Levergunner

Post by Pete44ru »

I'm sorry we missed each other, Chris - I woulda like to chat.
What caliber is your Marlin ?
I ask, because I had a bunch of folks ask the caliber of the M1895 I was carrying, who split when they found out it was .45-70 (they're sooooo cute, when they're little) - but said they were looking for 1st a .35, and 2nd a .30-30.

Well - good luck at auction - FOG (Fat Old Guy ;) )

CBinNH
Levergunner 2.0

Post by CBinNH »

It's a 30-30 LTS, one of under 3000 made in the late 80's. Maybe I'll see you at Concord in the spring.