Action job for 3-screw Blackhawk -- Who?

Welcome to the Leverguns.Com Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here ... politely.

Moderators: AmBraCol, Hobie

Forum rules
Welcome to the Leverguns.Com General Discussions Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here other than politics... politely.

Please post political post in the new Politics forum.
John in MS
Levergunner 2.0

Action job for 3-screw Blackhawk -- Who?

Post by John in MS »

Hi, folks,
Found a nice 6.5" .357 three-screw Ruger Blackhawk that retains its original mechanism. Once I get it off layaway, would like to have a very nice trigger job and tuneup. Is there anyone y'all have dealt with who is good with these things, and doesn't take half your life/life's savings to get the job done?

Thanks,
John
Advanced Levergunner

Post by 1886 »

Jack Huntington of Grass Valley Ca. has always done well by me. 1886.
Tommy Reb
Levergunner 1.0

Post by Tommy Reb »

These are very easy actions on which to do trigger jobs. Lighter return spring, polishing of sear surfaces while maintaining angles and a short piece of rod to limit trigger overtravel. Have you considered a do it yourself project?
Unreconstructed
blueroan
Levergunner 1.0

ACTION JOB

Post by blueroan »

Jim Stroh, ALPHA PRECISION, Comer GA. He's worked on my stuff for almost 20 years...former pistolsmith of the year...all around good guy and a true gentleman to deal with. He's fairly close to Athens.

Email him...send a deposit and wait until it's your turn to ship the gun. He is finally starting to get the recognition he has deserved--for decades!--in the major gun magazines. I had not sent a gun in too long because of the $90 round trip shipping--it makes a $125 trigger job kinda expensive! But I'm on the list with several Ruger guns needing trigger jobs and grip frames fitted. (I love DRAGOON/HUNTER grip frames on 5.5 inch Original Size Vaqueros.) Shoot one of his and then try a box-stock and you'll want to cry...and then have Mr. Stroh work his magic on the stocker. You'll know why I am such a fan after you get the black hawk back.
Scott64A
Levergunner 2.0

Post by Scott64A »

Hmmmm....

I'm about 20 mins from Athens, GA and I have a Ruger BH...

I like the action in it, but haven't ever tried HIS version of a tune-up. Might be a good excuse to go see a gunsmith "just for grins and giggles".
John in MS
Levergunner 2.0

Post by John in MS »

Hi, folks,
Thanks much for the good info! I will check these out!
:)

John