Saturation Point !

Welcome to the Leverguns.Com Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here ... politely.

Moderators: AmBraCol, Hobie

Forum rules
Welcome to the Leverguns.Com General Discussions Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here other than politics... politely.

Please post political post in the new Politics forum.
6pt-sika
Advanced Levergunner

Saturation Point !

Post by 6pt-sika »

I think I may very well have reached my saturation point with Marlin levers . Well at least that is until the new models for 2008 are announced :wink:

So just for the heck of it I committed myself to a Remington Model 7 stainless synthetic that is NIB in the 7mm Remington Short Action Ultra Mag .

Had one of these before but in the blued laminated version . It shot well enough , but I didn't like the feel of the stock . And since I already have the exact same rifle in the 300 RSUM and have dies an brass for the 7mm I figured what the heck !!!

And before anyone asks , no I do not want to SELL any of my Marlin's :wink:
Parkers , Mannlicher Schoenauer’s , 6.5mm's and my family in the Philippines !
marlinman93
Advanced Levergunner

Post by marlinman93 »

Maybe it's time to buy more old Marlins? :D :wink:
Pre WWI Marlins and Singleshot rifles!
http://members.tripod.com/~OregonArmsCollectors/
gon2shoot
Levergunner 2.0

Post by gon2shoot »

You DO have enough for "spares" don't you? :roll:
grit yer teeth an pull the trigger
homefront
Levergunner 3.0

Post by homefront »

I didn't think it was possible :shock: .
Lastmohecken
Senior Levergunner

Post by Lastmohecken »

Well, I am starting to wonder if I an not just plain over saturated with guns, espacally leveractions. I have more then I can shoot, or will probably ever shoot to any degree. Sometimes I think less might be more.

But I don't have a single leveraction I want to get rid of, at this time. What's a fellow to do? OH well, this next year is election year, I don't think I will part with anything until after that. In the meantime I think I will stock up on more ammo and reloading components.
bsaride
Senior Levergunner

Post by bsaride »

In two weeks (Jan 1, 2008) you can empty your vessel.
At this point you will only have 366 days (yeah it's a leap year)
to again reach your saturation point.

If there is any problem, I don't think anyone here would fault you
if you succumbed to a Savage or Winchester in the interim.
KI6WZU
NRA member
"When they call the roll in the Senate, the Senators do not know whether to answer 'present' or 'not guilty.'"
--President Theodore Roosevelt (1858-1919)

“Democracy must be something more than two wolves and a sheep voting on what to have for dinner”
Ysabel Kid

Post by Ysabel Kid »

Saturation point?

claybob86
Senior Levergunner

Post by claybob86 »

Well, to stretch the definition a bit, the bolt handle on that Model 7 is a lever, right? :twisted:
Have you hugged your rifle today?
71fan
Levergunner 3.0

Post by 71fan »

claybob86 wrote:Well, to stretch the definition a bit, the bolt handle on that Model 7 is a lever, right? :twisted:
Yeah, but you have to work REALLY hard to make "Remington" sound like "Marlin."

I'm with MM93 - do you have every configuration of 1893 yet? 1881? 1889? There must be something out there you still "need"
Chad
Sixgun
Posting leader...
Location: S.E. Pa. Where The Finest Winchesters & Colts Reside

Post by Sixgun »

Think positive!!!!! :D :D There's always room for more!!!! :lol: Be creative and think! Do you have all the straight grips, pistol grips, octagon barrels, round barrels, barrel lengths, sight variations, all calibers, wildcats, nickel plated variations, butt plate variations, set triggers, 1X.2X,3X , presentation wood variations, guns of provenence, unfired guns to match each fired one, hunting versions, future gift versions, "truck" gun versions, "Jeep" gun versions, home defense guns, loaner guns...................................................
Model A Uzi’s
6pt-sika
Advanced Levergunner

Post by 6pt-sika »

Sixgun wrote:Think positive!!!!! :D :D There's always room for more!!!! :lol: Be creative and think! Do you have all the straight grips, pistol grips, octagon barrels, round barrels, barrel lengths, sight variations, all calibers, wildcats, nickel plated variations, butt plate variations, set triggers, 1X.2X,3X , presentation wood variations, guns of provenence, unfired guns to match each fired one, hunting versions, future gift versions, "truck" gun versions, "Jeep" gun versions, home defense guns, loaner guns...................................................
I own in excess of 75 Marlin's , I think that might possiblt be enough :shock:

Been there and done the Winchester and Savage routes before :!:

I will get more Marlin's most likely but at the moment I want something else :wink:

And my Shiloh isn't due until July , so the little Model 7 fits very nicely :wink:
Parkers , Mannlicher Schoenauer’s , 6.5mm's and my family in the Philippines !
Borregos
Advanced Levergunner

Post by Borregos »

75+ Marlins - WOW :o :o
Pete
Sometimes I wonder if it is worthwhile gnawing through the leather straps to get up in the morning..................