Old Marlin 444 with Marlin scope

Welcome to the Leverguns.Com Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here ... politely.

Moderators: AmBraCol, Hobie

Forum rules
Welcome to the Leverguns.Com General Discussions Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here other than politics... politely.

Please post political post in the new Politics forum.
sore shoulder
Advanced Levergunner

Old Marlin 444 with Marlin scope

Post by sore shoulder »

A buddy of mine I hadn't talked to in awhile was just telling me about this rifle he traded into. Found out he's been wackin elk and deer with it using the Hornady gummy tips and he's crazy about the combo. Kinda funny for someone who used to be a bolt guy :lol: . Also found out he's gone to using a BLR in .243 for yotes.

Anyway, it's a pre-safety with a factory 4x Marlin scope that he told me even say's micro-groove on it. Did Marlin actually make the scope, or sub it out?

MM93, got a line on this? Anyone? I'm anxious to get a look see at it to verify, but this guy doesn't tell tall tales. Matter of fact, a local gas station has a mountain lion he killed about 5 years ago and had stuffed.
Chuck 100 yd
Advanced Levergunner

Post by Chuck 100 yd »

Best I can find out is they had them made outside the company and labled with marlins name like Sears and Wards did. :wink:
marlinman93
Advanced Levergunner

Post by marlinman93 »

It most likely says, "Micro Vue" not Micro Groove. These were made by Precision Instrument in the 1950's and 60's, but if it's the later 1970's with aluminum body, it's made in Japan.
They are very high quality scopes, especially those made in Japan, and have great optics. I've got one for sale now with base and mounts for a 1895 or 336, in 4x.
Pre WWI Marlins and Singleshot rifles!
http://members.tripod.com/~OregonArmsCollectors/
sore shoulder
Advanced Levergunner

Post by sore shoulder »

marlinman93 wrote:It most likely says, "Micro Vue" not Micro Groove. These were made by Precision Instrument in the 1950's and 60's, but if it's the later 1970's with aluminum body, it's made in Japan.
They are very high quality scopes, especially those made in Japan, and have great optics. I've got one for sale now with base and mounts for a 1895 or 336, in 4x.
Thanks MM. As usual you've got the dirt. :lol: How much for the scope out of curiosity?
marlinman93
Advanced Levergunner

Post by marlinman93 »

I've got $40 on the scope, with rings, and the base for the 336 or 1895 Marlin.
Pre WWI Marlins and Singleshot rifles!
http://members.tripod.com/~OregonArmsCollectors/