Had to clean up the PA property too - PICS

Welcome to the Leverguns.Com Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here ... politely.

Moderators: AmBraCol, Hobie

Forum rules
Welcome to the Leverguns.Com General Discussions Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here other than politics... politely.

Please post political post in the new Politics forum.
86er
Advanced Levergunner

Had to clean up the PA property too - PICS

Post by 86er »

The ice caused some damage to the fallow deer. I had one that fell and tore his leg. A customer committed to taking him, the white one. He was taken with a Savage 99 in .284, 140gr NP. While looking for that one I noticed a chocolate one that was sickly. Couldn't get anywhere close to him so I couldn't use the lever. Had to get out the 7mm Mag and whack him at around 270 yards.

THIS RAM WAS 5 1/2 AND DISPLAYED POOR GENETICS. HE IS PAST HIS BREEDING PRIME TOO. A CUSTOMER SHOT HIM WITH A 300GR CAST PERFORMANCE 45 COLT @ 70 YARDS. BULLET WENT THROUGH.

THEN THE NEXT WEEK THE WEATHER WAS BETTER AND THIS CUSTOMER TOOK A BOAR WITH A .410 SHOOTING 1/4OZ SLUGS. I DON'T RECOMMEND IT - IN SPITE OF WELL PLACE SHOTS IT TOOK 5 OVER THE COURSE OF 15 MINUTES. SHOOT - TRACK - SHOOT - TRACK... IT SHOULD HAVE BEEN MORE SWIFT.

Last edited by 86er on Tue Apr 03, 2007 2:08 pm, edited 2 times in total.
pharmseller
Senior Levergunner

more pics

Post by pharmseller »

86er,
Keep 'em coming! Great pics and great stories! There I was there I was there I was...in the CONGO!

Quinn
We are determined that before the sun sets on this terrible struggle, our flag will be recognized throughout the world as a symbol of freedom on the one hand, of overwhelming power on the other.

General George C. Marshall, 1942