LEVEREVOLUTION BULLETS ARE HERE!

Welcome to the Leverguns.Com Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here ... politely.

Moderators: AmBraCol, Hobie

Forum rules
Welcome to the Leverguns.Com General Discussions Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here other than politics... politely.

Please post political post in the new Politics forum.
Bogie35
Senior Levergunner

LEVEREVOLUTION BULLETS ARE HERE!

Post by Bogie35 »

They are finally releasing Leverevolution (FTX) bullets for handloaders!! :D :D

Here's the link:

http://www.hornady.com/story.php?s=789

Enjoy!
bogie
Sadly, "Political Correctness" is the most powerful religion in America, and it has ruined our society.
TedH
Advanced Levergunner

Re: LEVEREVOLUTION BULLETS ARE HERE!

Post by TedH »

Now I can put together some interesting 30-30 Ackley loads! :D :D :D
NRA Life Member
JohndeFresno
Advanced Levergunner

Post by JohndeFresno »

Uh-huh - now that the lead bullet ban is operating and threatens to spread nationwide, and bullet makers are desperately trying to unload their inventory at reduced prices. Otherwise, I sadly observe, I don't think our friends at Hornady would have let go of their golden goose so soon. As excited as I was when the .30-30 LeverEvolution round came out with its extended hunting range, like many other Californians I now have no use for this bullet in any form. At least, not as long as I hunt in the center of the state.

And the logic follows that it's just easier to settle on an all copper bullet for hunting, getting used to its trajectory, and carry it for hunting into other areas as well.

For many of us, it now centers on cheap lead rounds for practice (reloads for me) at the range and all copper ammunition or handloads for game AND plinking when hunting - since that is now the law. That will have a huge effect on sales of some "premium" lead bullets like LaserCast and tipped or composite lead hunting bullets.

I know how things are in my state. And if I were a resident of another state, I'd wait and see what happens this year with probable expanded gun and ammunition restrictions before investing in the LeverEvolution bullets for reloading. Now if somebody comes out with an all copper bullet with the same magic tip, THEN I'll get excited.

Sorry to burst your bubble - but I'd hate to see my brother levergunners waste their money.
buckeyeshooter
Senior Levergunner

Post by buckeyeshooter »

I don't see the ban spreading to other states. Kommiefornia is wacky about everything! I look forward to putting some of these to work in a .307 winchester, a 35 whelen and some other chamberings
CBinNH
Levergunner 2.0

Post by CBinNH »

I'll have to try rolling some of my own in 444 persuasion. I see they have a "gilding metal" bullet now too.
http://www.hornady.com/story.php?s=792
I take it this means lead free? Cali legal? They don't say either.
6pt-sika
Advanced Levergunner

Post by 6pt-sika »

Well they didn't see fit to cut loose the bullets for the 308 Express , 32 Special , 357 MAG or 44 MAG !
Parkers , Mannlicher Schoenauer’s , 6.5mm's and my family in the Philippines !
Old Ironsights
Posting leader...

Post by Old Ironsights »

buckeyeshooter wrote:I don't see the ban spreading to other states. Kommiefornia is wacky about everything! I look forward to putting some of these to work in a .307 winchester, a 35 whelen and some other chamberings
Think again. With the Obamanation One Party State and Robert Kennedy at the helm of the EPA you don't think the EPA will just make a blanket administrative regulation?

All it takes is a signature - and Congress/POTUS doesn't even have to get directly involved.
C2N14... because life is not energetic enough.
מנא, מנא, תקל, ופרסין Daniel 5:25-28... Got 7.62?
Not Depressed enough yet? Go read National Geographic, July 1976
Gott und Gewehr mit uns!
JohndeFresno
Advanced Levergunner

Post by JohndeFresno »

buckeyeshooter wrote:I don't see the ban spreading to other states. Kommiefornia is wacky about everything! I look forward to putting some of these to work in a .307 winchester, a 35 whelen and some other chamberings
Quite to the contrary, several states are indeed now considering an outright ban on all lead ammunition, with or without the intervention of our Federal government.

The Humane Society was quoted in the Lost Angels (excuse me, Los Angeles) Times as calling for a nationwide ban on lead ammo.
See - http://latimesblogs.latimes.com/unleash ... ciety.html

An Arizona newspaper urges the same thing in that state, acknowledging that there has already been a ban imposed NATIONWIDE on lead shot:
"In 1991, the U.S. Fish and Wildlife Service imposed a nationwide ban on the use of lead shot for waterfowl hunting
because the pellets were poisoning birds that ate them off the bottoms of streams and lakes."
See - http://www.biologicaldiversity.org/news ... -21-07.pdf

The NRA confirms that there is a push for a ban on lead in Arizona, as the result of what has happened in California.
See - http://www.nrapublications.org/oj/nobullets.asp

An Idaho online news magazine calls for a nationwide ban of lead ammunition.
See - http://www.idahostatesman.com/102/story/380671.html

And with a moniker like "Buckeye," I assume that you know how a major city or two in Ohio has gone way overboard in an attempt to ban handguns, which is part and parcel of the lead ban crowd. Wasn't it in Cleveland that the mayor tried to make, or did make, all semi-auto handguns illegal to own, use, carry or possess? That state is not far behind California in its anti-gun agenda, despite its Midwest location.

I stopped my online research here; but there is some type of movement to do the same thing from one group or another in every state that I have surveyed in the past.

It's one thing to be paranoid about tornadoes. "But, my friends," as a Presidential candidate used to say, it's quite another to ignore the storm when you see the dark clouds forming above you.
Old Ironsights
Posting leader...

Post by Old Ironsights »

Anybdy got $100,000? I've got a business proposition...
C2N14... because life is not energetic enough.
מנא, מנא, תקל, ופרסין Daniel 5:25-28... Got 7.62?
Not Depressed enough yet? Go read National Geographic, July 1976
Gott und Gewehr mit uns!
JohndeFresno
Advanced Levergunner

Post by JohndeFresno »

Old Ironsights wrote:Anybdy got $100,000? I've got a business proposition...
I'm good for $10 or so... I just checked my investment losses thanks to Freddie Mae and Fannie Mack! But that's another thread.
Don McDowell

Post by Don McDowell »

Well that is good news. They finally were able to keep their word, and let them out for handload components, just like those of us that have spent the last few years bugging them about it asked for them to do. :D
Now to get some and see what the ackley can do........ :o
O.S.O.K.
Advanced Levergunner

Post by O.S.O.K. »

I just checked one catalog house = Grafs and they're out of stock on all but the 50 cal from what I can see... probably be a while before they can keep up with demand.

And yes, it would be a wise man that would start buying a cash of TSX hunting bullets for the calibers that he hunts with - if the federal law is passed then there will be a run on them - prices will shoot up and out of stock will be the situation for quite a while as all of the ammo rollers will be ordering them too!
NRA Endowment Life
Phi Kappa Sigma, Alpha Phi 83 "Skulls"
OCS, 120th MP Battalion, MSSG
MOLON LABE!
kimwcook
Advanced Levergunner

Post by kimwcook »

Washington State isn't very behind California for being liberal. In fact, WA State is one of two or three states in the entire nation that require two party consent to recorded conversations when everyone else is one party.
Old Law Dawg
Don McDowell

Post by Don McDowell »

[quote="O.S.O.K."]I just checked one catalog house = Grafs and they're out of stock on all but the 50 cal from what I can see... probably be a while before they can keep up with demand.
/quote]

A more likely explanation is that due to the fact the release of those bullets just did happen, it's likely to be well after the first of the year before they actually get shipped.
Jason_W
Senior Levergunner

Post by Jason_W »

I'd hate too see lead bullets banned for hunting use, but if the antis think pulling off a nation wide lead ban will keep me from hunting, they have another thing coming. If they ban lead, I'll hunt with copper, if they ban firearms, I'll hunt with muzzleloaders and crossbows. Ban those, and I'll be out there with a pointy stick. Ban the hunting of animals, and I'll just go out and hunt PETA members :wink: j/k, on that last one. Lest big brother get the wrong idea.
My first attempt at an outdoors website: http://www.diyballistics.com
pharmseller
Senior Levergunner

Post by pharmseller »

JohndeFresno wrote:
Old Ironsights wrote:Anybdy got $100,000? I've got a business proposition...
I'm good for $10 or so... I just checked my investment losses thanks to Freddie Mae and Fannie Mack! But that's another thread.
I'm in for $22.50.

P
We are determined that before the sun sets on this terrible struggle, our flag will be recognized throughout the world as a symbol of freedom on the one hand, of overwhelming power on the other.

General George C. Marshall, 1942