CA Lead Ban info

Welcome to the Leverguns.Com Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here ... politely.

Moderators: AmBraCol, Hobie

Forum rules
Welcome to the Leverguns.Com General Discussions Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here other than politics... politely.

Please post political post in the new Politics forum.
El Chivo
Advanced Levergunner

CA Lead Ban info

Post by El Chivo »

If you send an e-mail to this address, with "Method of Take" in the subject line, you will receive a 44 page *.pdf with the latest info on the rule.

wildlifestrategy@dfg.ca.gov

Also, I found a *.pdf of Section 3004.5 which is not posted in the Fish and Game Code yet.

http://www.dfg.ca.gov/wildlife/hunting/ ... 5B1%5D.pdf

Both indicate the ban only applies to centerfire ammo while hunting, not rimfire or possession while target shooting.
"I'll tell you what living is. You get up when you feel like it. You fry yourself some eggs. You see what kind of a day it is."
JReed
Advanced Levergunner

Post by JReed »

This reads just like the proposal from a while back with no mention of rimfire or muzzel loaders.
Jeremy
GySgt USMC Ret

To err is human, To forgive is devine, Neither of which is Marine Corps policy
Semper Fidelis
El Chivo
Advanced Levergunner

Post by El Chivo »

yes, I'm wondering if the reports of banning rimfire ammo are exaggerated. Also the idea of possession while NOT hunting as opposed to possession while hunting.

Did it come from a news story? If so, reporters often gloss over the details, especially if they are biased in that direction.

I did request clarification from DFG via their contact page.
"I'll tell you what living is. You get up when you feel like it. You fry yourself some eggs. You see what kind of a day it is."
cutter
Levergunner 2.0

Post by cutter »

I have been in direct contact with the California Department of Fish and Game. 22. ammo has been banned for hunting, so has lead ammo for muzzle loaders. I will post my findings as soon as I get them organised.
J Miller
Member Emeritus

Post by J Miller »

If this lead ammo ban isn't repealed it will have drastic consequences not only in CA but in AZ, NV, and all the other western states.
This is just NOT a good law.

Joe
***Be sneaky, get closer, bust the cap on him when you can put the ball where it counts ;) .***
handirifle
Senior Levergunner

Post by handirifle »

cutter wrote:I have been in direct contact with the California Department of Fish and Game. 22. ammo has been banned for hunting, so has lead ammo for muzzle loaders. I will post my findings as soon as I get them organised.
Cutter, according to the info downloaded from F&G (44 pages) rimfire lead ammo HAS been banned from hunting COYOTES only.

As for the possession, the wording still stinks and there is no mention of "while hunting" The results of phone conversations posted, have been thus far, it's left up to the descretion of the field officer to determine if you're hunting. But the WORDING does NOT say you have to be hunting. ONLY IN POSSESSION!
cutter
Levergunner 2.0

Post by cutter »

handirifle, according to Rob Allen Assistant Chief of enforcement for CAlifornia Fish and GAme; " The change only applies to lead projectiles used while hunting ANY TYPE OF GAME..."

Like I have posted earlier, ths bill is being rewritten as we speak. The F&G download is not the bill going into law.

See; http://leverguns.sixgunner.com/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=36598
handirifle
Senior Levergunner

Post by handirifle »

Yea I went there and sent them a nice long letter. But it only takes a second to delete all our emails. What emails?