Antelope Hunt

Welcome to the Leverguns.Com Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here ... politely.

Moderators: AmBraCol, Hobie

Forum rules
Welcome to the Leverguns.Com General Discussions Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here other than politics... politely.

Please post political post in the new Politics forum.
raptor1
Levergunner

Antelope Hunt

Post by raptor1 »

I'm planning an Wyoming Antelope hunt next fall. I recently purchased a Browning BLR in 7mm-08, and wanted some thoughts on using this rifle for Antelope. Also, looking for some load suggestions for the tasks at hand.

Thanks in advance for any replies...

p.s. I am new to the forum....

R1
Hobie

Post by Hobie »

When we went through Wyoming it seems we saw antelope everywhere. Heck they were not 60 yards from the parking lot at the welcome center! Our dog, Bailey, thought they were another dog... :lol:
Sincerely,

Hobie

"We are all travelers in the wilderness of this world, and the best that we find in our travels is an honest friend." Robert Louis Stevenson
jnyork
Advanced Levergunner

your rifle

Post by jnyork »

For the last 20 years or so I have harvested a pronghorn with a .50 caliber flintlock Tennessee rifle. Yours should be entirely adequate. Dont get all in a knot about this load vs that load, just be able to hit where you aim and all will be well. Have fun!! :wink:
Don McDowell

Post by Don McDowell »

Your rifle will work fine for antelope. Pick the bullet it shoots best.