Marlin 1894 and Blazer ammo?

Welcome to the Leverguns.Com Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here ... politely.

Moderators: AmBraCol, Hobie

Forum rules
Welcome to the Leverguns.Com General Discussions Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here other than politics... politely.

Please post political post in the new Politics forum.
bfm
Levergunner

Marlin 1894 and Blazer ammo?

Post by bfm »

Was surprised to read in the manual for my 1894C that I should not run Blazer ammo through it. Anyone know what it is about the design that causes the feed problems?

Thanks.

Brendan
Pete44ru
Advanced Levergunner

Post by Pete44ru »

Methinks it's because the aluminum used for the Blazer cases tend to "catch" on action parts/edges, causng jams - whereas brass is self-lubricating and feeds slicker than snot running from a baby's nose.
Hobie

Post by Hobie »

That's the aluminum cased Blazer. It does not interact well with rifle extractors. :wink:
Sincerely,

Hobie

"We are all travelers in the wilderness of this world, and the best that we find in our travels is an honest friend." Robert Louis Stevenson
dogngun
Levergunner 1.0

Post by dogngun »

I had an older Rossi '92 Winchester copy in .357. IT fed every configuration of .357 mag and .38 Spl loads I would put in it, even mixed magazines, but would tear up the Blazer cases and jam them in the rifle. The cases are a bit too soft and the gun steel seems like it distorts the case in handling the round, and bends the rim.

FWIW, I have found Blazer .38 Spl LRN to be very inaccurate and stopped using it even in revolvers. EVERY OTHER Blazer caliber I have used has been extremely good.

mark
RSY
Senior Levergunner

Post by RSY »

As I recall, Ganjiro regularly uses these rounds in his rifle. It is a Winchester, however.

scott
J Miller
Member Emeritus

Post by J Miller »

I was going to relate that I've shot the aluminum Blazer from my Win 94AE TRapper .45 Colt with zero problems. I guess I'm not alone.
I haven't tried it in any of the Marlins I've had so I can't comment.

Joe
***Be sneaky, get closer, bust the cap on him when you can put the ball where it counts ;) .***
2ndovc
Advanced Levergunner

Post by 2ndovc »

Works fine in my Marlin 94P/ 44mag. would not feed in my Rossi. The cases would hang up on the cartridge stop and wouldn't feed into the action. Alum. can be a little sticky.

8)
jasonB " Another Dirty Yankee"

" Tomorrow the sun will rise. Who knows what the tide could bring?"