45-70 barrel length

Welcome to the Leverguns.Com Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here ... politely.

Moderators: AmBraCol, Hobie

Forum rules
Welcome to the Leverguns.Com General Discussions Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here other than politics... politely.

Please post political post in the new Politics forum.
hornetguy
Levergunner

45-70 barrel length

Post by hornetguy »

I tried a search, but couldn't find any discussions about this....
Let's pretend I'm going to get a Marlin 45-70... I don't want the cowboy type... too heavy for what I want. My question is, is there a big real world difference in velocity between the 18.5" guide gun, and the 22" regular rifle? I know the GG really maneuvers well, but is it really THAT much "better" in that regard? I'm fairly sure muzzle blast will be worse with the GG...
I'm open to suggestions, and there is a gun show this coming weekend.
"at that point, I had the right to remain silent... but I didn't have the ability" Ron White
Ysabel Kid

Post by Ysabel Kid »

Welcome aboard!

This is the temporary forum site, and the regular one is back up. You may want to post the question over there, as it will be seen by a lot more levergunners! :D

Here's the link:
http://leverguns.sixgunner.com/
Rusty
Advanced Levergunner

Post by Rusty »

You mean WHEN the site is back up.

Rusty <><
If you're gonna be stupid ya gotta be tough-
Isiah 55:8&9

It's easier to fool people than it is to convince them they have been fooled.
Ysabel Kid

Post by Ysabel Kid »

Rusty wrote:You mean WHEN the site is back up.

Rusty <><
Rusty - it's been up since Monday. I was just over there for an hour - no problems...
hornetguy
Levergunner

Post by hornetguy »

Ysabel Kid wrote:Welcome aboard!

This is the temporary forum site, and the regular one is back up. You may want to post the question over there, as it will be seen by a lot more levergunners! :D

Here's the link:
http://leverguns.sixgunner.com/
thanks.... I thought this was the new version of the forum. I'll go back over there....
"at that point, I had the right to remain silent... but I didn't have the ability" Ron White