OT-County Sheriff's Office Centennial handgun

Welcome to the Leverguns.Com Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here ... politely.

Moderators: AmBraCol, Hobie

Forum rules
Welcome to the Leverguns.Com General Discussions Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here other than politics... politely.

Please post political post in the new Politics forum.
kimwcook
Advanced Levergunner

OT-County Sheriff's Office Centennial handgun

Post by kimwcook »

Hi everyone. I was hit up today about finding some options on a handgun to celebrate our County's 100th birthday. The requirements aren't many but necessary.

1. The model of handgun available to law enforcement in 1909 has to be currently available.

2. Affordable, approximately $400-600.

3. American made.

I've put this on another forum and may put it up on a third. A retired Sgt. with our department suggested a S&W M&P Model 10 in 38 Spl. It meets all the criteria. Just looking for suggestions at this point. It's only in it's infancy and may never mature into nothing more than a dream, but, who knows. Thanks.
Old Law Dawg
Rusty
Advanced Levergunner

Post by Rusty »

S&W M&P Would be my first choice but I'm not sure what they called them then. 1909 might have been pre- M&P.

The only other choice would be a Peacemaker but I don't think that would fit the other criteria you list.

I'm sure S&W would be proud to run off a couple thousand M10's with some laser engraving.

Rusty <><
If you're gonna be stupid ya gotta be tough-
Isiah 55:8&9

It's easier to fool people than it is to convince them they have been fooled.