Getting front sight height for .357 Rossi

Welcome to the Leverguns.Com Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here ... politely.

Moderators: AmBraCol, Hobie

Forum rules
Welcome to the Leverguns.Com General Discussions Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here other than politics... politely.

Please post political post in the new Politics forum.
M92nut
Levergunner

Getting front sight height for .357 Rossi

Post by M92nut »

I installed an Xpress rear sight on my Rossi 20" .357 and am trying to get the right front sight height. I will shoot primarily 125 gr .357 but will also shoot 200 gr 38 spc. up to 158 gr .357 mag. Can I shoot 125 gr .357 mag to zero at 80 yards (the distance I would like to zero at) and then select the height of the front sight that puts the rear sight in the middle of adjustment. On another forum a member suggested I shoot the hottest load and put the rear sight all the way DOWN. What would be the best REAR sight setting if I was going to zero with 125 gr .357? Thanks
Hobie

Post by Hobie »

The best thing to do is to shoot it and use the Brownells sight height calculator.
Sincerely,

Hobie

"We are all travelers in the wilderness of this world, and the best that we find in our travels is an honest friend." Robert Louis Stevenson