Hunting Prolly Curtailed This Year

Welcome to the Leverguns.Com Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here ... politely.

Moderators: AmBraCol, Hobie

Forum rules
Welcome to the Leverguns.Com General Discussions Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here other than politics... politely.

Please post political post in the new Politics forum.
Blaine
Posting leader...

Hunting Prolly Curtailed This Year

Post by Blaine »

I would like to thank my gall bladder for flairing up for the first time ever. I missed opener yesterday due to extream lack of sleep from pain and today is not much better, but a new GF wants to go out and actually likes that sort of thing (woo hoo!!) So....I'm not gonna hunt so much as go for a ride with tags. Maybe something on the logging roads will be dumb enough to stand in front of me. This sucks, as I've never had a pain bad enough to keep me up at night :lol: Oh, well....beats not feeling anything, huh? Ok, I'm done whining now :P :oops: :mrgreen: :lol:
The Rotten Fruit Always Hits The Ground First

Proud Life Member Of:
NRA
Second Amendment Foundation
Citizens Committee For The Right To Keep And Bear Arms
DAV
Andrew
Advanced Levergunner

Re: Hunting Prolly Curtailed This Year

Post by Andrew »

Well that does stink. Hope you get better soon.
ImageImage
Qui tacet consentit. (silence implies consent)
The Boring Blog
Duff L Bagg
Levergunner 2.0

Post by Duff L Bagg »

Sorry to hear about your gall Bladder Blaine, but with the new surgical techniques used on gall bladders you should be back up going in a couple of weeks.
I was with a friend in Denver earlier this year when his gall Bladder flare up and insisted on being removed. We checked him into the hospital at 9 pm and they had him in surgery by 6 am, he was in recovery by 9 AM. They had him up and walking before supper time. He checked out the next morning and was back to work within two weeks. I know that you are hurting and you have my deepest sympathies, you really need to go get it taken care of before it gets worse. I will keep you in my thoughts and prayers.

Really Baby, I swear that it just followed me home.
Leverdude
Senior Levergunner

Post by Leverdude »

Sorry to hear about that Tubby. Couldn't happen in the middle of summer or winter could it. Least its an extra part they can just take out. Wish you a quick recovery.
Ben_Rumson
Advanced Levergunner

Post by Ben_Rumson »

I'm sure a "ride with tags" will make the gall bladder gladder
"IT IS MY OPINION, AND I AM CORRECT SO DON'T ARGUE, THE 99 SAVAGE IS THE FINEST RIFLE EVER MADE IN AMERICA."
WIL TERRY
marlin shooter
Levergunner 2.0

Post by marlin shooter »

Tubby
I am sorry to hear of your gall bladder. Hopefully you'll get some hunting done. I'm keeping my own fingers crossed as I had knee surgery 2 1/2 weeks ago and am already missing bird season. I'm hoping deer season is not a bust also. Take care, good luck. Oh congrats on the new GF :)
Karl
BenT
Advanced Levergunner

Post by BenT »

That sucks! I know I was in the ER 2 weeks ago because of severe pain. The conclusion from the DR. was that I was probably passing a gal stone. I couldn't find a comfortable position. Up all night. They gave me morphine for the pain and once the pain was gone fell asleep right away. It took me about 4 days to recover to be able to go back to work. I wouldn't wish that on anybody. I hope you have a speedy recovery.
rjohns94
Advanced Levergunner

Post by rjohns94 »

prayers for your recovery
Mike Johnson,

"Only those who will risk going too far, can possibly find out how far one can go." T.S. Eliot
marlinman93
Advanced Levergunner

Post by marlinman93 »

Don't suffer with it long! It's way too easy to remove and end a lot of pain. My wife had hers out last month after suffering for a very long time, and she went in at 8:00AM, home by noon, up and around the next day, and back to taking care of our grandaughter the second day. Started driving and acting normal in less than a week! She said she hasn't felt this good in years!
Pre WWI Marlins and Singleshot rifles!
http://members.tripod.com/~OregonArmsCollectors/
Hobie

Post by Hobie »

Duff L. Bagg's friend ain't the Lone Ranger. My friend John had a similar experience. Very quick turn-around. Said some prayers that you can get better AND keep the cool girlfriend... :wink:
Sincerely,

Hobie

"We are all travelers in the wilderness of this world, and the best that we find in our travels is an honest friend." Robert Louis Stevenson
BestLever
Levergunner

Post by BestLever »

Hello Riflemen-That sucks tuby. I wish I had some good advice for ya but I don't see anything good from this happening during the hunting season. stuff, perhaps I should come up and remove that sucker for you. It's only a $50 procedure being below the neck and all and I'm willing to stick around to drive you around the logging roads hunting. I hope that the thing goes away for a month or so pal as the timing is the worse possible. BestLever
Life is Good,

BestLever
oldmax
Levergunner 2.0

Post by oldmax »

I'm sure a "ride with tags" will make the gall bladder gladder
Your killing me... :mrgreen:
awp101
Advanced Levergunner

Post by awp101 »

Have 'em yank it Blanie. FWIW 9 out of 10 doctors voted the gall bladder the top organ a person could do without... :mrgreen:

Get better!
Nothing so needs reforming as other people's habits.
-Mark Twain

Proverbs 3:5; Philippians 4:13

Got to have a Jones for this
Jones for that
This running with the Joneses boy
Just ain't where it's at
Griff
Posting leader...

Post by Griff »

awp101 wrote:Have 'em yank it Blanie. FWIW 9 out of 10 doctors voted the gall bladder the top organ a person could do without... :mrgreen:
Get better!
What'd number 10 vote for? :mrgreen: Get the sucker taken out pronto. Don't risk a more serious complication. I'm with Hobie, I'll add a prayer for your recovery and cool girlfriend.
Griff,
SASS/CMSA #93
NRA Patron
GUSA #93

There is a fine line between hobby & obsession!
AND... I'm over it!!
No I ain't ready, but let's do it anyway!
Duff L Bagg
Levergunner 2.0

Post by Duff L Bagg »

I offer this only because I'm a friend.....PM with Cool GF's Phone # and I will call and console her while you are recovering. :lol: :lol: :lol:

Really Baby, I swear that it just followed me home.
Grizz
Advanced Levergunner

Post by Grizz »

get well Blaine...

RIGHT NOW !

Ysabel Kid

Post by Ysabel Kid »

Prayers up T3 - that stinks...
Blaine
Posting leader...

Post by Blaine »

Thanks, guys.........I appreciate the kind words......Prayer must work, I felt pretty darn chipper this afternoon.....saw a grouse, but no shot....No animals, but a couple gut bags exactly I would have expected to see them.......there is always the next two weekends and late buck..... BTW, I do appreciate the fact that I can move around and there are so many that can not....Sorry I whined :oops:
The Rotten Fruit Always Hits The Ground First

Proud Life Member Of:
NRA
Second Amendment Foundation
Citizens Committee For The Right To Keep And Bear Arms
DAV
CBinNH
Levergunner 2.0

Post by CBinNH »

When I was in my late 30's, I woke up in the middle of the night with some serious pain. Realized it was not in the heart area, but still hurt a bunch. Was tender for a day or two. So, I carried on like nothing happened. A few weeks later I had a sharp pain while driving. Really uncomfortable. Barely made it home. Called for a Dr. appt. Ultrasound showed a bag (gallbladder) full of stones. Doc asked when I wanted to have it removed. I said I'd let him know. He said delay could make me painfully sorry. I should have listened. Several more attacks before I was able to be scheduled to have it removed. They removed it by the laparoscopy (sp?) method. A few small holes cut for working the removal tools. I was in & out in 24 hrs. I honestly suffered more from a few of the attacks than the procedure. I was back to work in a week. A co-worker ended up with an infection in his & had emergency surgery which took a longer recovery time. Just passing along my experience. Chris
bigbore442001
Levergunner 3.0

Post by bigbore442001 »

Ok. I know many people think I am somewhat of an oddball but I will state it anyways. Have you ever thought about undergoing a gall bladder cleanse? I have read about these and a guy I used to work with tried it. I am not sure how well it worked for him but he did it and didn't suffer from any effects.

Basically you eat light for a week and each day consume a certain amount of apple juice. Then on the last day of the week you drink a laxative cocktail with some olive oil to get the gall bladder to spit out the suckers.
RIHMFIRE
Advanced Levergunner

Post by RIHMFIRE »

I had mine out a few years ago....
I had the surgery at 7am and was out of the
hospital by 12:30 that same day....
4 small incisions....
although my stomach was sore for a few days....
LETS GO SHOOT'N BOYS
piller
Posting leader...

Post by piller »

I have had a bunch of customers at the Pharmacy mention that their gall bladder was removed. The only ones who had trouble were the ones who waited until they required traditional surgery. Talk to your Doctor, and have him/her refer you to a Surgeon. This is something that you must consult with a professional on and don't try to tough it out. Let the professionals explain your options. Good luck with whichever way you go.
D. Brian Casady
Quid Llatine Dictum Sit, Altum Viditur.
Advanced is being able to do the basics while your leg is on fire---Bill Jeans
Don't ever take a fence down until you know why it was put up---Robert Frost
sturgis
Levergunner

Post by sturgis »

Sorry to hear that, I hope you get better soon

Sturgis
jeepnik
Advanced Levergunner

Post by jeepnik »

Blaine, sorry to here that. Hope you heal fast. But I'd almost trade. My season ended before it began this year. Picked up a job that is pretty involved. Spending too many hours working on it to go this year. The upside is that I may be able to plan something special next year.

Again, heal fast, you might get in a few days.
Jeepnik AKA "Old Eyes"
"Go low, go slow and preferably in the dark" The old Sarge (he was maybe 24.
"Freedom is never more that a generation from extinction" Ronald Reagan
"Every man should have at least one good rifle and know how to use it" Dad
mescalero1
Advanced Levergunner

Post by mescalero1 »

Jeepnik,
Know how you feel,
when I retired and walked away, I felt like Papillon, the only man to ever escape from devil's island.
I used to give that speech to the new guys.
"WELCOME to the penal colony of French Guiana....... there is NO escape "