Fox,s just love my 94!

Welcome to the Leverguns.Com Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here ... politely.

Moderators: AmBraCol, Hobie

Forum rules
Welcome to the Leverguns.Com General Discussions Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here other than politics... politely.

Please post political post in the new Politics forum.
Nath
Advanced Levergunner

Fox,s just love my 94!

Post by Nath »

This feller was crossing my right as I hid behind an oak. It was windy and raining hard and I had to shout "oi" real loud to get him to stop. My first shot hit him low in the ribs and allthough I did not know nor him know he was dead he lept in the air and run back to where he came from but that trapper was levered and following him. I was leading to much so let him catch up with his nose my reticle and boom-over he went 8) I have not shot many running shots but this one I was proud of :wink: Here he is after I sent a text to the gamekeeper.

Next I made my waY to the wood. I had a hare come towards me and stop to check me out. Useually they will go back the way they came but this feller just sat there watching me with his ears checking behind him! Hmm I thought so I put my back to a pine and squealed and blow me out pops this bueatifull fox at 25yds spots me and legs it out of view before I can get on him :x No I thought don,t give up and I called again. At 50yds I noticed him spying me so carefully mounted and snook that 110grn through some sticks straight in him :D I called the keeper to tell him number two is down of which he was pleased .

The keeper whilst on the phone now says "if you get another I,ll give you a bottle of scotch" :lol: So I has a think and remember a spot in the wood that is a small valley with good views through the mature pines. On the way to this place I here a pheasant shouting from the very area I,m heading. I sneek into position on the steep side and call , after a few minutes I call again. A jay to my left in the distance start his alarm call but not at me! I give one more call and there he comes, to my left slowly checking the air and looking for an easy meal. I let him clear some standing timber and at 40-50yds let him have it. He never new a thing!

I now texted the keeper instructing him to fetch the scotch :lol:
An old keeper friend of mine taught me well- Saturday was a wet cold miserable day over here and the night was the same, I knew that the fox,s would be hungry after lying up for ages and it paid of. Also I am sure that a vixen/s are about some where and it is that time of year when their brains move to thier pants- the down fall of many a male mammal :wink:
After this I made my way to my camp which is in the same wood - lit the stove and had bacon and egg for breakfast :D I was back home for 2 and spent the rest of the day with my sweetheart :wink:
Psalm ch8.

Because I wish I could!
86er
Advanced Levergunner

Post by 86er »

Great story Nath!
Old Ironsights
Posting leader...

Post by Old Ironsights »

You may not be able to shoot at much over there, but at least you have plenty of Foxes...

Good on ya.
C2N14... because life is not energetic enough.
מנא, מנא, תקל, ופרסין Daniel 5:25-28... Got 7.62?
Not Depressed enough yet? Go read National Geographic, July 1976
Gott und Gewehr mit uns!
Old Savage
Posting leader...

Post by Old Savage »

Love your little gun there.
In the High Desert of Southern Calif. ..."on the cutting edge of going back in time"...

WCF3030
Senior Levergunner

Post by WCF3030 »

Top shelf Nath!
That which does not kill me has made a grave tactical error.

http://thewoodsman1.blogspot.com/
salvo
Senior Levergunner

Post by salvo »

Great shooting Nath 8)
ScottS

"No arsenal, no weapon in the arsenals of the world, is so formidable as the will and moral courage of free men and women."
-- Ronald Reagan
dr walker
Senior Levergunner

Post by dr walker »

That sounds like a great day. Thanks for sharing the photos and stories.
redgum
Levergunner

Post by redgum »

Nath, Congratulations on your hunt, Excellent work !
Thanks for taking the time to share your story & pics with the forum too.
.....now what calibre/load were you using in that lil' 'Trapper' again?
Nath
Advanced Levergunner

Post by Nath »

Redgum, it,s good ole' dirty girty (30/30) with my varmint load of a Speer 110gr HP and a case full of Alliant rl12 ( I,ll run out soon and will have start over again). Fed 210 primed and crimped with the Lee tool to suit the gun and not in the canulers provided. The brass is old and starting to split now, it don,t matter as it wants replacing.
On the trapper I have slackend the barrel bands and made sure the mag tube can float a little. I have stoned the trigger, It was a pound but that was to light so now it is 11/2-13/4 lbs, err all I,ll say is is I have more controll now :roll:
Psalm ch8.

Because I wish I could!
marlin shooter
Levergunner 2.0

Post by marlin shooter »

Nath
Congrat's! Great job. I would love to set you loose on our coyote population.
Karl
Backwoods
Levergunner

Post by Backwoods »

Great Job
"We do not go to the verdant green woods and crystal clear waters to rough it...we go to smooth it. We get things rough enough at home! - George Washington Sears- a.k.a- NESSMUK
rjohns94
Advanced Levergunner

foxes

Post by rjohns94 »

Nath,

by gosh, I am going to have to share a fire with you one day. I love your stories and you are a menace to the fox population. We have much in common. thanks for sharing and well done

Mike
Ysabel Kid

Post by Ysabel Kid »

Nath - fox-slayer extraordinaire!!! :D
gamekeeper
Spambot Zapper

Post by gamekeeper »

Great post and photo's, as usual Nath. well done. I hope the keeper came up with the Scotch! :wink:
If more men loved and cherished their wives as much as I love bacon the world would be a much better place.
kimwcook
Advanced Levergunner

Post by kimwcook »

I say good job Ole boy. Carry on with the hunt. You're doing fine. Hope the keeper came up with some good Scotch Whiskey for your troubles. Excellent day. :D
Old Law Dawg
ohwin94_61
Levergunner 2.0

Post by ohwin94_61 »

What year is that 94?
Nath
Advanced Levergunner

Post by Nath »

Ohwin94, it,s one of the last ones with the tang safty and the rebounding hammer that every body hates but I don,t mind it :wink:
Psalm ch8.

Because I wish I could!
Dave
Senior Levergunner

Post by Dave »

Wow! You are a crafty hunter my friend.
Rusty
Advanced Levergunner

Post by Rusty »

Congratulations Nate, Y'all must have a lot of foxes. We have a few dens locally here. My son got three once with a single shot 12 ga. at the mouth of their den. All were pups but they go on to grow up and carry rabbis.

Rusty <><
If you're gonna be stupid ya gotta be tough-
Isiah 55:8&9

It's easier to fool people than it is to convince them they have been fooled.
JReed
Advanced Levergunner

Post by JReed »

Thats sound like a day well spent :D . If you ever come over here and are out in the south west one of us will have to take you out and put you to work busting coyotes. :D
Jeremy
GySgt USMC Ret

To err is human, To forgive is devine, Neither of which is Marine Corps policy
Semper Fidelis