Welcome to the Leverguns.Com Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here ... politely.

Moderators: AmBraCol, Hobie

Forum rules
Welcome to the Leverguns.Com General Discussions Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here other than politics... politely.

Please post political post in the new Politics forum.
Haycock
Levergunner 2.0

Post by Haycock »

Hello. I just registered and sent my first post in... I read the forum as a lurker on and off for a couple of years... just tuned back in to find the group temporarily homeless... nonetheless, glad to see many of the same names.

I am ashamed to say that I am currently levergun-less... over the years I have owned a Marlin 336 .30-30, a Winchester 9422 WMR and a Marlin 1894 .357. Alas, I have let them all (and many other fine firearms I now regret letting go of) slip through my fickle fingers.

The bright side to this sad state of affairs is of course that I now get to pick out, then pick up, a new "only levergun"!

Got my eye on a Cimarron 1892 20" .357, to be used for target shooting, deer hunting (close-up, PA brush-style) and maybe even a foray into CAS. Also contemplating my very first SA revo to go with it. Not really sure about that yet. I've had a few DA wheelguns in my time (Colt and S&W) but again, don't own one now (shame, shame, shame, ...), so if I do stray in the SA direction I'll be wanting to similarly use it for target, handgun-hunting and maybe CAS. Probably in .357 too.

Anyway... enough outta me.... all I really wanted to do was say hey.

Haycock
Hobie

Post by Hobie »

And a big "hey" right back at you.

You hang around this crowd long enough and you'll be lever rich and cash poor. Don't ask me how I know.

PS These folks lean toward 1911s and SA revolvers, too! :wink:
Sincerely,

Hobie

"We are all travelers in the wilderness of this world, and the best that we find in our travels is an honest friend." Robert Louis Stevenson
mod71alaska
Senior Levergunner

Post by mod71alaska »

Welcome to the Forum, Haycock! It's a fine place to hang around!
Griff
Posting leader...

Re: New Member

Post by Griff »

Haycock wrote:Hello.I am ashamed to say that I am currently levergun-less... over the years I have owned a Marlin 336 .30-30, a Winchester 9422 WMR and a Marlin 1894 .357. Alas, I have let them all (and many other fine firearms I now regret letting go of) slip through my fickle fingers.
Welcome. That is a condition others have known, thhe good news is that iits curable.
Griff,
SASS/CMSA #93
NRA Patron
GUSA #93

There is a fine line between hobby & obsession!
AND... I'm over it!!
No I ain't ready, but let's do it anyway!
Haycock
Levergunner 2.0

Post by Haycock »

Hobie wrote:And a big "hey" right back at you.

You hang around this crowd long enough and you'll be lever rich and cash poor. Don't ask me how I know.

PS These folks lean toward 1911s and SA revolvers, too! :wink:

Yup. I remember that from my past perusal of these plentiful pages. :wink:

My current 1911 fixation is a Dan Wesson CBOB that I've tricked out a bit. Its a pretty sweet shooting pistol. I've also had a couple of Kimbers... a Custom II and an Ultra Carry II. The finish on both of them was real easily scratched, and although I really liked the way the little one shot (smoother and easier on the hand than the big one) it was a pain in butt to take down, what with that little paper-clip jammie and whatnot.

Haycock
papabear
Levergunner 2.0

Post by papabear »

Glad to have ya here
don Tomás
Levergunner 3.0

Post by don Tomás »

Image Welcome!

Tom & La Bonita
marlinman93
Advanced Levergunner