OT Did a bad thing at gunshow yesterday.

Welcome to the Leverguns.Com Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here ... politely.

Moderators: AmBraCol, Hobie

Forum rules
Welcome to the Leverguns.Com General Discussions Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here other than politics... politely.

Please post political post in the new Politics forum.
Paul LC
Levergunner

OT Did a bad thing at gunshow yesterday.

Post by Paul LC »

I bought an EBR. Its a DPMS AR-15 carbine with a flat top reciever, light contour barrel and is "Pre-ban". I can't find this exact model on their website, so assume it to be a discontinued model. At any rate, paid $639.99 plus TT&L. It seems like an okay deal. What do y'all think?
mac45
Levergunner 1.0

Post by mac45 »

LOL, I dunno, go to a gun show, come home with a gun.
Sounds like a "Good Thing" to me
Truth be told, been thinking real hard about an EBR myself.
What can I say, I read banned books too :D

Been reading nice things about DPMS. Like to know what you think of it after a month or so
canonsix
Levergunner 2.0

Post by canonsix »

I think that is right in the ballpark for EBR. Let's see gun show, bought a gun,capitalism at its finest :lol: Doug
a armed man is his own master
Borregos
Advanced Levergunner

Post by Borregos »

This sounds like a GOOD thing to do at a gun show :D
Paul LC
Levergunner

Post by Paul LC »

The problem is that what we are talking about here is, SIN. I was doing okay, looking at good guns, a 4 inch Redhawk had caught my eye, a couple of Blackhawks, a handful of Pumas, a Marlin 39a, and a couple of pre '64 model 94's. What do I bring home? An EBR. :shock: Oh, the iniquity. I don't know if any amount of pennance can remove this stain from my soul. Also I exceded the $500 limit I had set for this show quite handily. :roll:
Hobie

Post by Hobie »

One EBR is ok, two is sin... :lol:
Sincerely,

Hobie

"We are all travelers in the wilderness of this world, and the best that we find in our travels is an honest friend." Robert Louis Stevenson
Paul LC
Levergunner

Post by Paul LC »

Hobie wrote:One EBR is ok, two is sin... :lol:
That's easy for you to say. Do you have one? :wink:
Ysabel Kid

Post by Ysabel Kid »

Sounds like a good deal to me!!! :D
Paul LC
Levergunner

Post by Paul LC »

It seemed like a good deal, a decent quality entry level rifle at a decent entry level price.
Ysabel Kid

Post by Ysabel Kid »

Now, don't get me wrong, because I do love leverguns, but everyone should have at least one AR-15 clone!!! :D

Of course, they should have a bunch of levers!!! :wink:
Paul LC
Levergunner

Post by Paul LC »

Well, I don't have a bunch, but I do have couple, a Mirokuchester 1886 and a Marlin 1894 Cowboy. I seem to have a thing for longish octagon barrels. I wonder if somebody makes octagon barrels for AR-15's. :lol:
Ysabel Kid

Post by Ysabel Kid »

Paul LC wrote:Well, I don't have a bunch, but I do have couple, a Mirokuchester 1886 and a Marlin 1894 Cowboy. I seem to have a thing for longish octagon barrels. I wonder if somebody makes octagon barrels for AR-15's. :lol:
I've never seen one, but you could have the first. That would be COOL! 8)
Hobie

Post by Hobie »

Paul LC wrote:
I used to. Looked at some today. Bushmaster, Armalite, and S&W. Noticed a lot of very similar parts... :lol:
Sincerely,

Hobie

"We are all travelers in the wilderness of this world, and the best that we find in our travels is an honest friend." Robert Louis Stevenson
Paul LC
Levergunner

Post by Paul LC »

Ysabel Kid wrote:
Paul LC wrote:Well, I don't have a bunch, but I do have couple, a Mirokuchester 1886 and a Marlin 1894 Cowboy. I seem to have a thing for longish octagon barrels. I wonder if somebody makes octagon barrels for AR-15's. :lol:
I've never seen one, but you could have the first. That would be COOL! 8)
While we're at it, how about a polished and blued octagon barrel and pins and screws, a case hardened steel reciever and fancy walnut for the stock and hand guards. 8)
user45
Levergunner

Post by user45 »

Hobie wrote:
Paul LC wrote:
I used to. Looked at some today. Bushmaster, Armalite, and S&W. Noticed a lot of very similar parts... :lol:
If you don't mind making a trip to Richmond, I can fix you right up with a new black rifle Hobie!

I'll be at Hite Hollow this coming Saturday with a few of my EBR's and my new 1886. Hope the weather is good!
meanc
Levergunner 3.0

Post by meanc »

Had a desire once...After 10 or so years of playing with them the novelty wore off.

I've shot a few but not much of a thrill.
Hobie

Post by Hobie »

user45 wrote:
Hobie wrote:
Paul LC wrote:
If you don't mind making a trip to Richmond, I can fix you right up with a new black rifle Hobie!

I'll be at Hite Hollow this coming Saturday with a few of my EBR's and my new 1886. Hope the weather is good!
Maybe I'll swing by.

You know, I'd rather buy from a friend than one of those gunshow leeches... I'm beginning to think I should have another CAR-15 or similar. However, I'm a big bullet guy now. 6.8 or .30 Have to save a bit but... Dang it! you've got me thinking about it. :lol:
Sincerely,

Hobie

jengel
Levergunner 2.0

Post by jengel »

Hey Hobie, you can have the best of both worlds.
.458 SOCOM There is an article about it in the latest Shooting Times.
http://www.rockriverarms.com/item-detai ... N=33228545
Buffboy
Levergunner 3.0

Post by Buffboy »

Paul I think you did ok on the price. I sold my last EBR to buy my Chaparral. Well I still have an SKS, does that count? I have too many other toys I want to get another for a while.
Ysabel Kid

Post by Ysabel Kid »

Hobie wrote: However, I'm a big bullet guy now. 6.8 or .30 Have to save a bit but... Dang it! you've got me thinking about it. :lol:
I saw a story on the 6.8 on "Future Weapons" last week. Looks like a cool round!!! 8)
user45
Levergunner

Post by user45 »

Hobie wrote:
user45 wrote:
Hobie wrote:
Paul LC wrote: That's easy for you to say. Do you have one? :wink:

Maybe I'll swing by.

You know, I'd rather buy from a friend than one of those gunshow leeches... I'm beginning to think I should have another CAR-15 or similar. However, I'm a big bullet guy now. 6.8 or .30 Have to save a bit but... Dang it! you've got me thinking about it. :lol:
Swing by, we should be there around 11ish. I'll have a few suppressors, a couple of machineguns, and my wife will have her Tromix Sledgehammer so you can get your big bore AR on, it's chambered in 50AE and is a hoot to shoot.

I have dealer accounts with just about every AR15 manufacturer out there, and I'm a stocking dealer for SWR, Gemtech, and AAC suppressors.

I'll be easy to spot, I'll be the only guy there with 1886 Winnie's hurling 405 grain lead down range!

Looking forward to meeting you.
Hobie

Post by Hobie »

I hope to be able to get away and visit. Might even bring the 1876 SRC out to chronograph.
Sincerely,

Hobie

AJMD429
Posting leader...

Post by AJMD429 »

Paul LC wrote:The problem is that what we are talking about here is, SIN. I was doing okay, looking at good guns, a 4 inch Redhawk had caught my eye, a couple of Blackhawks, a handful of Pumas, a Marlin 39a, and a couple of pre '64 model 94's. What do I bring home? An EBR. :shock: Oh, the iniquity. I don't know if any amount of pennance can remove this stain from my soul. Also I exceded the $500 limit I had set for this show quite handily. :roll:
:arrow: As a physician, I can tell you the only cure is to re-balance things by spending an equal amount of money on a fine old levergun, or a single action pistol. Then it will be alright. 8)
Doctors for Sensible Gun Laws
"first do no harm" - gun control LAWS lead to far more deaths than 'easy access' ever could.

Want REAL change? . . . . . "Boortz/Nugent in 2012 . . . ! "
Paul LC
Levergunner

Post by Paul LC »

AJMD429 wrote:
:arrow: As a physician, I can tell you the only cure is to re-balance things by spending an equal amount of money on a fine old levergun, or a single action pistol. Then it will be alright. 8)

It'll be a while before I have restored my discretionary funds, but I still have a strong hankering for a convertible .45 cal Blackhawk. However, I may have additional setbacks because it seems that an AR isn't complete untill its been festooned with all manner of gimcrackery. :wink:
AJMD429
Posting leader...

Post by AJMD429 »

Paul LC wrote:
AJMD429 wrote: I may have additional setbacks because it seems that an AR isn't complete untill its been festooned with all manner of gimcrackery. :wink:
I've always thought it would be cool to take my Marlin and put a Weaver (...er I mean, 'Picatinny') rail on top, mount an AR carry handle on the rail, put on a muzzle brake (...er I mean, 'flash hider'), add a few lights and lasers, and maybe a night vision scope.

Might be a good way to irritate the hard corps 'black rifle' crowd, and bug some of the traditionalist lever guys at the same time...! :twisted:
"first do no harm" - gun control LAWS lead to far more deaths than 'easy access' ever could.

Paul LC
Levergunner

Post by Paul LC »

AJMD429 wrote:
I've always thought it would be cool to take my Marlin and put a Weaver (...er I mean, 'Picatinny') rail on top, mount an AR carry handle on the rail, put on a muzzle brake (...er I mean, 'flash hider'), add a few lights and lasers, and maybe a night vision scope.

Might be a good way to irritate the hard corps 'black rifle' crowd, and bug some of the traditionalist lever guys at the same time...! :twisted:

I've heard that spray on bed liner will give a hard wearing finish to the wood.

Right now i'm thinking about accessorizing my EBR with a satelite tv dish and a tactical homing pigeon coop.
AJMD429
Posting leader...

Post by AJMD429 »

Paul LC wrote: Right now i'm thinking about accessorizing my EBR with a satelite tv dish and a tactical homing pigeon coop.
I got a cool set of TACTICAL recoil pad screws the other day - they had HEX heads instead of slotted screw heads. I'm going to put them on all my guns now. Really helps when you change loads in the middle of a firefight, and need to switch out recoil pads quickly. :shock:

shawn_c992001
Levergunner 3.0

Post by shawn_c992001 »

I really enjoy the 6.8SPC and the .50 Beowulf in an AR lost of fun!