must be aMarlin factory parts gun

Welcome to the Leverguns.Com Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here ... politely.

Moderators: AmBraCol, Hobie

Forum rules
Welcome to the Leverguns.Com General Discussions Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here other than politics... politely.

Please post political post in the new Politics forum.
gimdandy
Levergunner 2.0

must be aMarlin factory parts gun

Post by gimdandy »

Looking at a model 93 Marlin serial #13xx that is stamped under the lever ( what the book says is that they started w/ serial number 4001 but that was in a 1893 ). Has a * top of tang behind hammer , tang drilled for sight and holes go through the lower tang d&t w/ screws attached Between screw heads on top tang Marlin and directly under that it says model 93 . C C on receiver and lever . Marlin Safety on top of receiver w/ leaf on each end of the two words . Receiver not d&t . 3/4 mag w/ barrel band inch from end of forearm front sight block soldered on and sight pinned on block . flat metal butt plate w/ horizontal deep lines and S V G at bottom of plate . I would rate overall the condition at about 80-85 %
Can anyone confirm my thoughts or tell what it is ? I'm not sure that I care to much if it is a parts gun since I like it real well and 700 seems very fair priced thanks n for any and all help gim