OT - Remember To Stab & Twist

Welcome to the Leverguns.Com Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here ... politely.

Moderators: AmBraCol, Hobie

Forum rules
Welcome to the Leverguns.Com General Discussions Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here other than politics... politely.

Please post political post in the new Politics forum.
don Tomás
Levergunner 3.0

OT - Remember To Stab & Twist

Post by don Tomás »

Found this posted and thought it was pretty good. Unfortunately, the name of the author (a woman) was not mentioned. Might be good info for our daughters, in addition to our sons.

Someone posted on this temp LG site that perhaps we're training our kids to be sheep. After all, the VT idiot had to reload at some point - did the kids wait for him to finish?

Anyway, remember to stab & twist..

Tom
=========================================

How To Fight
December 20th, 2006

The summer I turned 6 years old, some of the neighborhood boys started bullying me. Back then, I owned a pair of cabbage patch kid roller-skates and my favorite activity was skating around the block singing nursery rhymes at the top of my lungs. One day, a few boys in the 8-10 range thought it would be pretty humorous to push me around and watch me flail. I tried to run from them, but I couldn’t skate faster than they could run. They taunted me for a while and then knocked me down. Angry, humiliated, and with two freshly skinned knees, I did what any 6 year old girl would do in my position.

I went home and told my Dad.

My Father was an ex marine and always preached the benefits of learning self defense. Unlike most parents, he had no interest in calling the parents of my bullies to ‘open up a dialogue’ or some other such tripe. Instead, he planned to teach me to kick a little a**.

My Mother balked at this idea. She didn’t think little girls should be fighting. Little girls were supposed to have tea parties and then play dress up. Fighting was for little boys.

“What if someday a vicious serial killer kidnaps her?â€
AmBraCol
Webservant

Post by AmBraCol »

The author posts anonymously on the http://www.violentacres.com/ blog. A quick glance through other posts of hers is interesting, to say the least. Language alert for those sensitive to such things.
Griff
Posting leader...

Post by Griff »

Very good advice her father gave. As one of my hand-to-hand instructors said, "He, who is afraid to loose, has already lost." I think of the few fights I've been in, each with someone bigger than me, the deciding factor has always been my willingness to ensure they KNEW they'd been in a fight no matter who won! :P That and using several dirty tricks! :twisted:
Griff,
SASS/CMSA #93
NRA Patron
GUSA #93

There is a fine line between hobby & obsession!
AND... I'm over it!!
No I ain't ready, but let's do it anyway!
JReed
Advanced Levergunner

Post by JReed »

The advice I always got growing up was never start a fight but if it came down to a fight that I couldnt get myself out of always throw the first punch and dont stop til the other person is down. Worked for me none of the bullys messed with me twice.
Jeremy
GySgt USMC Ret

To err is human, To forgive is devine, Neither of which is Marine Corps policy
Semper Fidelis
Junior
Levergunner 2.0

Post by Junior »

I taught my daughter the same thing when she was maybe 8 years old. Every morning they had to line up outside school on a long flight of stairs so they could enter orderly when the bell rang. A boy named James P and who was a couple of years older than Kim, my daughter, always lined up behind her. When the bell rang and they started walking up the stairs he would reach under her little dress and grab her bottom.

She complained to the teachers, but nothing happened. Then she came to me. It's hard to describe how mad it made me. First thought was to call the principal and give him a piece of my mind for allowing that to happen every morning. Second thought was to teach Kim how to eliminate the problem herself via giving James P a bloody nose.

She was worried that the principal would discipline her. Not to worry, I told her. If the principal says one word to you, you tell him to call your daddy.

As James P would be standing a couple of steps lower behind her, his nose was in a perfect position to meet her fist. So I got on my knees in front of Kim and put my open palm up between us, and I taught her to pretend that my palm was James P's nose, and to hit it with all of her little 8 year old might.

At first, she slapped with her hand instead of making a fist. So I had to teach her to make a fist. And to punch, not slap. Finally, she was punching my palm with a good fist and smacking it hard. The next morning before she left for school we went through the fist exercise again.

She was soon standing in line on the school steps. The bell rang. They started walking. James P reached under her dress and grabbed her. She turned around and hit him in the nose with all of her might. Blood flew. James P fell, and, holding his nose and screaming, rolled down the stairs to the sidewalk below. And Kim and the rest of the kids walked on into the school, and not one word was said to her by teacher or by principal. And James P never bothered her again. True story, guys.
Poohgyrr
Levergunner 3.0

Post by Poohgyrr »

:mrgreen:
John
Family, blue steel & wood, hot biscuits, and fresh coffee.
Luke 22:36 Romans 12:17-21 Ephesians 4:26-32
"Life brings sorrow and joy alike. It is what a man does with them - not what they do to him - that is the true test of his mettle." T. Roosevelt
don Tomás
Levergunner 3.0

Post by don Tomás »

:lol: :lol: :lol:
Tom
TedH
Advanced Levergunner

Post by TedH »

Good story Junior. :D
Junior
Levergunner 2.0

Post by Junior »

TedH wrote:Good story Junior. :D
Thanks, Ted. This topic made me remember it. James P is about 40 years old now, and I see him sometimes at the local honky tonk when he's not in jail. Every time I see him I get mad again. :x
Poohgyrr
Levergunner 3.0

Post by Poohgyrr »

Junior wrote:
TedH wrote:Good story Junior. :D
and I see him sometimes at the local honky tonk when he's not in jail. :x

I've watched several of our local "kid thugs" grow up to be like that.

Good news is some of those "kids" have gotten their act together and grown up to be better than that.

Some others did not live long enough to grow up.
John
Family, blue steel & wood, hot biscuits, and fresh coffee.
Luke 22:36 Romans 12:17-21 Ephesians 4:26-32
"Life brings sorrow and joy alike. It is what a man does with them - not what they do to him - that is the true test of his mettle." T. Roosevelt