Sometimes, I wonder...

Welcome to the Leverguns.Com Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here ... politely.

Moderators: AmBraCol, Hobie

Forum rules
Welcome to the Leverguns.Com General Discussions Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here other than politics... politely.

Please post political post in the new Politics forum.
Mike D.
***Rock Star***

Sometimes, I wonder...

Post by Mike D. »

...about myself. This morning I loaded up the truck with rifles, ammo, targets, my table and chair, chrony, load logs, what I thought was all needed stuff and headed down to the ranch to test my newly acquired rifles, a few old ones, and do some range reports. Half an hour later, as the gear was being set up, I came the the grim realization that my tripod was at at home. Aaaarrrghh! DOH! :oops:

No shooting for me, I just loaded everything back up and went to work in the vineyards for a while, doin' a little shovel weeding.

The only positive note , gun wise, was that I got my b-i-ls old rusted up Ithaca Model 37 shotgun, brought it back and stripped it down to the smallest parts. It had been jammed shut for several years and it took me an hour to get it to open up. This is the first Ithaca pump I have ever disassembled and it's a major PITA. There was all kinds of junk in that action. primers, tons of dirt and weeds and an unknown hunk of metal. All parts were soaked in brake cleaner, oiled and just now reassembled. Works like it was meant to.

I'm gonna give it to one of the caretakers at another ranch so he can have something to use against the GD thieves that have been given us grief. The derelicts have been stealing aluminum pipe and copper from the irrigation pumps. I hate it when you push a button and nothin' happens. :x

Hopefully, none of the shooting stuff will ever be left home again. It's all in a big plastic tote that can be tossed in the back of the truck. About time that I finally did that. :)
"Congressmen who willfully take actions during wartime that damage morale, and undermine the military are saboteurs and should be arrested, exiled or hanged"....President Abraham Lincoln
TedH
Advanced Levergunner

Post by TedH »

Been there, done that. I've also packed up and went to the range only to find I brought the wrong ammo. :oops:
Old Savage
Posting leader...

Post by Old Savage »

Done both. The first present my wife bought for me was a Model 37 Ithaca 12 Gauge IC choke 32 years ago. It still looks perfect but it broke a firing pin and I had to take it down - wish you the best.
In the High Desert of Southern Calif. ..."on the cutting edge of going back in time"...

Dewight
Levergunner 2.0

Post by Dewight »

When I load up all my shooting gear I remember when I use to just grab my rifle and a pocket full of ammo. What Happened? :shock:
Member: Vast Right Wing Conspiracy
WCF3030
Senior Levergunner

Post by WCF3030 »

I'm probably the only one who has to ask but what is the tripod for and why could you not shoot?

Looks to me you had everything and then some.
That which does not kill me has made a grave tactical error.

http://thewoodsman1.blogspot.com/
Mike D.
***Rock Star***

Post by Mike D. »

No tripod equals no chrony. No chrony no load checks. Why waste ammo? :lol:
"Congressmen who willfully take actions during wartime that damage morale, and undermine the military are saboteurs and should be arrested, exiled or hanged"....President Abraham Lincoln
Old Savage
Posting leader...

Post by Old Savage »

Of course, stating the obvious if that is what you are up to !!!!!!!!!! 8)
In the High Desert of Southern Calif. ..."on the cutting edge of going back in time"...

phlatnose
Levergunner 1.0

Post by phlatnose »

make up a checklist and a couple of copies. Check your gear off as you put it into your bags or what ever you use.
Never fly with a pilot that does not use a check list.
gamekeeper
Spambot Zapper

Post by gamekeeper »

When I used to shoot muzzle loaders at a gun club. there was always someone who had forgotten a vital bit of kit. I could usually help out as my possibles bag seemed to have most stuff required. Unless I went on my own and then it was ME that had left something at home. :oops:
Whatever you do always give 100%........... unless you are donating blood.
WCF3030
Senior Levergunner

Post by WCF3030 »

Mike D. wrote:No tripod equals no chrony. No chrony no load checks. Why waste ammo? :lol:
I guess if I had a chrony I'd of knowen. I use the redneck version. If it turns the milk jug into a fine mist...... its fast enough. :) 8)
That which does not kill me has made a grave tactical error.

http://thewoodsman1.blogspot.com/