NIB 94 Legendary Frontiersman

Welcome to the Leverguns.Com Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here ... politely.

Moderators: AmBraCol, Hobie

Forum rules
Welcome to the Leverguns.Com General Discussions Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here other than politics... politely.

Please post political post in the new Politics forum.
Bruce Scott
Senior Levergunner

NIB 94 Legendary Frontiersman

Post by Bruce Scott »

I have spotted one going for AU$750 (US$670). Looks like a good price to me given that I paid AU$1100 for a 94 Legacy a couple of years ago. The .38-55 chambering is difficult to come by here so I'm inclined to grab it - as a shooter.

Any thoughts?

Does anyone know what the receivers and nose-caps were plated with on these? I'm just wondering how the plating may hold up with use.
Advanced Levergunner

Post by 1886 »

U.S. $670.00 is good. I saw one like new for $775.00. I like the .38-55 also. 1886.
kimwcook
Advanced Levergunner

Post by kimwcook »

Bught one, oh, 6-7 years ago. Haven't shot it yet. Still sitting in the safe. I really like the balance and the action, believe it or not, is really smooth. Like it'd been worked over.
Old Law Dawg
cavebob
Levergunner

Post by cavebob »

Have a Win 94 Legacy in 38.55
It is one sweet shooter

Enjoy loading 38.55
For this rifle's chamber there is no need to resize - just bell, seat & crimp

Bob
Pop Watts
Levergunner 2.0

Post by Pop Watts »

Mate I assume you are in Australia. I bought a Legendary Frontiersman in 38-55 a couple of years ago, NIB, but I got it as a shooter and love it. As far as I know the receiver is plated with Pewter. Very hard to get ammo or even brass here - I have had some on order from Horsley Park Gun Shop since April 2006 and am still waiting. I do know of another for sale and it comes with dies and I think some ammo. It is in NSW, not sure where you are. Can check the deal for you if you want but I think your deal sound good as it is. Drop me a line on bill_bailey@aapt.com.au if you want more info.

Cheers, Bill
Pop Watts
Levergunner 2.0

Post by Pop Watts »

Update on that 38-55 that is on the market. The price is AUD950 with dies and ammo. Amount of ammo and type of dies is not specified. Original box comes with the gun. It is a gun smith who has it for sale and I know that he has had it for around 12 months so he may be open to negotiation. I looked at it when he had a table at a gun show here in Sydney and it looked good. I picked up mine NIB with 40 rounds of Legendary Frontiersman ammo for AUD600 and I thought that was a steal. Jansa Arms just sold one that came with the box, was in excellent condition but had been fired, it went for around the AUD900 mark.

Bill
Bruce Scott
Senior Levergunner

Post by Bruce Scott »

Howdy Bill,

Thanks for that. I have contacted the seller of the $950 gun and as you say it comes with dies, brass, bullets and some ammo. So it's not a bad deal, particularly if he will negotiate. Apparently the receiver has a scratch that he thinks may be from the factory. I'm awaiting photos.

I've also found a dealer at Katanning (WA) who has ammo on hand that came in with a .38-55 converted No.4 Mk1... :shock:
Bruce Scott
Senior Levergunner

Post by Bruce Scott »

cavebob wrote:Have a Win 94 Legacy in 38.55
It is one sweet shooter

Enjoy loading 38.55
For this rifle's chamber there is no need to resize - just bell, seat & crimp

Bob
Bob, that's a really NICE rifle!