"The Last To Let You Down" (U.S. Marine Body Bearers)

Welcome to the Leverguns.Com Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here ... politely.

Moderators: AmBraCol, Hobie

Forum rules
Welcome to the Leverguns.Com General Discussions Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here other than politics... politely.

Please post political post in the new Politics forum.
Old No7
Advanced Levergunner

"The Last To Let You Down" (U.S. Marine Body Bearers)

Post by Old No7 »

Very interesting article that I first saw on LinkedIn about the U.S. Marine's "Body Bearers" and all the unique training they go through, as well as the physical requirements needed for them -- with only 6 per squad -- to properly pay the last respects to a fallen Marine.

I've not heard of this specialized unit before, but I was in awe and full of profound respect upon reading their story.

And I humbly recalled how I felt when 2 Air Force Honor Guards carefully folded the flag at my late father's funeral; as he was Army Air Corp. The Marines in this unit fold so many flags daily, that they need to change out their white gloves often. I respect all service men and women, but the service these Marines provide to the fallen -- and to the families -- is equally deserving of our respect.

I found Another Link Which Won't Require a Sign-On to View the Full Article (click for link).

I never served and am not a Marine, but I do hope the active-duty and "Not as mean, not as lean, but always a Marine" members of this forum will allow me to end this post with...

Semper Fi.

Old No7
"Freedom and the Second Amendment... One cannot exist without the other." © 2000 DTH
gamekeeper
Spambot Zapper

Re: "The Last To Let You Down" (U.S. Marine Body Bearers)

Post by gamekeeper »

Thanks for posting that Darryl, I had no idea.
Professionalism and respect at its best.
If more men loved and cherished their wives as much as I love bacon the world would be a much better place.
Pete44ru
Advanced Levergunner

Re: "The Last To Let You Down" (U.S. Marine Body Bearers)

Post by Pete44ru »

The precision movements remind me of the (British) Queen's Guardsmen in London. :)