Gun combo 17 of 17

Welcome to the Leverguns.Com Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here ... politely.

Moderators: AmBraCol, Hobie

Forum rules
Welcome to the Leverguns.Com General Discussions Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here other than politics... politely.

Please post political post in the new Politics forum.
Ysabel Kid

Gun combo 17 of 17

Post by Ysabel Kid »

Well, according to the clock on my computer, it is now 12:02am EST, so technically day 17 of my series - and I couldn't wait until morning to post this one! :wink:

The drum roll please…

Here is the last in the series on gun combination pictures that I started a couple weeks ago. I saved a beauty for last! This is the Winchester Model 1895 High Grade that I purchased from mod71alaska here on the forum. It is in .30-06 Springfield.

The handgun is a Colt 1908 Pocket Model in .380 ACP. This one belonged to my father. I removed the original grip to save it, and replaced it with a faux ivory grip.

Why are these a combo? Again, they don’t share a manufacturer or caliber, certainly aren’t anywhere close to one another in their finish, and don’t have the same type of action. Well, to me they just speak of the turn of the 19th century. I bet a lot of people who owned one also owned the other – including, if I recall correctly, Theodore Roosevelt (though his “Big Medicineâ€
JReed
Advanced Levergunner

Post by JReed »

I like the 95.
Aint it past your bed time?
Jeremy
GySgt USMC Ret

To err is human, To forgive is devine, Neither of which is Marine Corps policy
Semper Fidelis
Ysabel Kid

Post by Ysabel Kid »

JReed wrote:Aint it past your bed time?
Yep. Calling it a night now. Tomorrow is going to be another crazy day work-wise. They all seem to be that way any more... :roll:
rjohns94
Advanced Levergunner

Post by rjohns94 »

Nice combo thanks YK for the work in posting them.

JR - You got the duty again?
Mike Johnson,

"Only those who will risk going too far, can possibly find out how far one can go." T.S. Eliot
GEOFF
Levergunner 2.0

Post by GEOFF »

Kid,

Beautiful guns. Cool idea with all of your combo's. Thanks for the good viewing!

Also really like your feeling for your son. I've got a 15 year old son and also a 3 year old. Nothing like them is there!!!!

All the best!

Geoff
salvo
Senior Levergunner

Post by salvo »

Great series YK, really enjoyed all that I saw, but missed a few, any way you could post all the links in this last combo?
ScottS

"No arsenal, no weapon in the arsenals of the world, is so formidable as the will and moral courage of free men and women."
-- Ronald Reagan
AJMD429
Posting leader...

Post by AJMD429 »

I still say you don't bang up and scratch up your guns enough to make them feel truly appreciated - if you send them to me to keep for a few months, I'll return them in thoroughly 'appreciated' condition - at no charge to you!
Doctors for Sensible Gun Laws
"first do no harm" - gun control LAWS lead to far more deaths than 'easy access' ever could.

Want REAL change? . . . . . "Boortz/Nugent in 2012 . . . ! "
Jaguarundi
Senior Levergunner

Post by Jaguarundi »

The 95 is a looker :D !I have enjoyed your combos also.Thanks for posting.
"Those who hammer their guns into plows will plow for those who do not."
horsesoldier03
Advanced Levergunner

Post by horsesoldier03 »

Thanks for the great series of post. VERY NICE
Old Savage
Posting leader...

Post by Old Savage »

WHAT? 17 of 17? Go buy more guns!
In the High Desert of Southern Calif. ..."on the cutting edge of going back in time"...

Old Savage
Posting leader...

Post by Old Savage »

WHAT? 17 of 17? Go buy more guns!
In the High Desert of Southern Calif. ..."on the cutting edge of going back in time"...

gamekeeper
Spambot Zapper

Post by gamekeeper »

Thanks Jay, I really enjoyed the series of combo's.

I won't have to use green cammo face paint for weeks now! :lol:
Whatever you do always give 100%........... unless you are donating blood.
Andrew
Advanced Levergunner

Post by Andrew »

My first thought was that they shared the same time period, so I guess I am not that slow after all. :D

The '95- just stunning in appearance
The Colt- just plain cool 8)

I hope you can find more reasons to post more pretties in the future, cause it's been real fun. Thank you. :D
ImageImage
Qui tacet consentit. (silence implies consent)
The Boring Blog
Ysabel Kid

Post by Ysabel Kid »

salvo wrote:Great series YK, really enjoyed all that I saw, but missed a few, any way you could post all the links in this last combo?
Here you go ScottS!

“Gun combos 1 of 17â€
Ysabel Kid

Post by Ysabel Kid »

Old Savage wrote:WHAT? 17 of 17? Go buy more guns!
OS - oh, I have more... these were just the quick and easy combos, most with our theme in mind. Still, I like your advice and plan on acting on it - as soon as I replenish the gun fund a bit. :wink:
Ysabel Kid

Post by Ysabel Kid »

GEOFF wrote:Kid,

Also really like your feeling for your son. I've got a 15 year old son and also a 3 year old. Nothing like them is there!!!!

Geoff
No, there isn't! :D :D :D
Ysabel Kid

Post by Ysabel Kid »

AJMD429 wrote:I still say you don't bang up and scratch up your guns enough to make them feel truly appreciated - if you send them to me to keep for a few months, I'll return them in thoroughly 'appreciated' condition - at no charge to you!
Hmmm... as tempting as that offer is, I plan to "appreciate" mine a lot more, especially now that the kids are enjoying appreciating them with me!!! :wink:
Rimfire McNutjob
Advanced Levergunner

Post by Rimfire McNutjob »

I think #'s 1 and 17 are my favorites. But what I really like about your listing is being able to call my wife over and say "see honey, and you call me a NutJob?" :wink:
... I love poetry, long walks on the beach, and poking dead things with a stick.
jazman
Levergunner 3.0

Post by jazman »

Great set and series, thanks!
"If you're gonna be a bear, be a grizzly"
Grizz
Advanced Levergunner

Post by Grizz »

Ya done good Kid
Ysabel Kid

Post by Ysabel Kid »

Rimfire McNutjob wrote:I think #'s 1 and 17 are my favorites. But what I really like about your listing is being able to call my wife over and say "see honey, and you call me a NutJob?" :wink:
Hey! I resemble that remark! :D
AJMD429
Posting leader...

Post by AJMD429 »

Ysabel Kid wrote: Hmmm... as tempting as that offer is, I plan to "appreciate" mine a lot more, especially now that the kids are enjoying appreciating them with me!!! :wink:
What's funny is that as a kid I of course had the .22's (Savage bolt action, then Ruger 10/22, then Ruger Mark 1), then got into centerfire with a Ruger M-77 and a Marlin 1894 and a Super Blackhawk . . . Over the years then more centerfires, a phase of semiautos, and all of a sudden ammunition was VERY expensive, but as a grownup, I usually 'savored' my shots, and the ammo bill was not too bad.

Now with four kids, I find my 'favorite' guns are once again .22's - because until the little creeps can afford to buy their OWN ammo, I can't afford to let them shoot the big guns. I'd forgotten what it is like to be able to shoot 800-1,000 rounds in an afternoon - well they ain't doing that with my .45-70!

Nonetheless, I hope your kids help you get all those guns good and scratched up with you so you'll all have lots of good memories (and be durn good shots by then, too)!
Doctors for Sensible Gun Laws
"first do no harm" - gun control LAWS lead to far more deaths than 'easy access' ever could.

Want REAL change? . . . . . "Boortz/Nugent in 2012 . . . ! "