Any experience with the SIG DAK trigger?

Welcome to the Leverguns.Com Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here ... politely.

Moderators: AmBraCol, Hobie

Forum rules
Welcome to the Leverguns.Com General Discussions Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here other than politics... politely.

Please post political post in the new Politics forum.
Streetstar
Advanced Levergunner

Any experience with the SIG DAK trigger?

Post by Streetstar »

I have evolved into a bit of a Sig fan after having a nice 220 in 38 super, a 238 mini 1911 that shoots like a full size, and now a 229 . The DA/SA trigger makes sense to me and i shoot it well

That said, i recently came upon a cache of DAK equipped guns for sale (CDNN ) and was curious about this feature. I know nothing about it
----- Doug
Dave
Senior Levergunner

Re: Any experience with the SIG DAK trigger?

Post by Dave »

The SIG DAK trigger seems to be a love it or hate it thing. It is similar to DAO, but the difference is the hammer is already half cocked when you start pulling the trigger. That way the trigger pull is shorter and lighter than a true DAO. It makes for a nice trigger pull. Also a very simple, revolver like gun. I like the DAK trigger a lot.
Nate C.
Levergunner 2.0

Post by Nate C. »

DAK is yet another perfect solution to a nonexistent problem, in my opinion. It's largely a gimmick, borne of lawyers, for the benefit a litigious society.

It's certainly not as nice and crisp as the Sig DA/SA. Having said, it's not utterly terrible to shoot, like I would say of the Beretta 92D or some of the S&W DAO products.
Texas State Rifle Association http://www.tsra.com

Freemason. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Freemasonry
MingoKid
Levergunner 1.0

Post by MingoKid »

I like the DAK trigger because of the consistency of trigger action. I haven't trained as much with DA/SA pistols so it is a good crossover. I am sure that experience and training would even things out but I mostly shoot 1911's ,Glocks, XD'S. All work well and can be used easily. OK , a bit more training for the 1911's. But I love that SA trigger.

Bottom line. The DAK trigger system makes the SIG more like the Glock in its use and deployment. MK
I know not what the future holds, but I know who holds the future!