Brady died today

Welcome to the Leverguns.Com Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here ... politely.

Moderators: AmBraCol, Hobie

Forum rules
Welcome to the Leverguns.Com General Discussions Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here other than politics... politely.

Please post political post in the new Politics forum.
Senior Levergunner

Brady died today

Post by 2571 »

Musta made several fortunes spouting that anti-gun stuff.

RIP, I guess.
Ysabel Kid

Re: Brady died today

Post by Ysabel Kid »

Wife is, was, and will continue to be worse...
AJMD429
Posting leader...

Post by AJMD429 »

Even the 'conservative' radio station here aired a brief 'story' on him that mentioned how he "probably saved thousands of lives" due to pushing for stronger 'gun control'.

A reporter with more integrity would have commented that his death should be applauded, as his activities "probably caused thousands of deaths" due to pushing for stronger 'gun control'; that, since every credible objective study (even by 'liberal' criminologists like Don Kates) has come to the clear conclusion that those states where 'Brady had his way' have consistently had more innocent lives lost due to criminals with firearms than those states which ignored Brady and his group.

It is one thing that our news media lacks the courage to 'praise' the pro-gun, anti-gun-control groups, as explaining to the sheeple why that actually makes sense uses up too many sound-bytes, but going to the point of 'praising' empty-suits like Brady, no matter how sad and compelling their 'story' is, is journalistic incompetence and hypocrisy at its best.

May Brady rot in the hot-place, for all of the innocent lives he so callously sacrificed upon the altar of his own simple-minded ego, and desire to fund his 'warm-fuzzy' gun-grabbers. The only difference between him and Hitler is 'quantity' and 'intent' - all that shows is that Brady was less competent, and not smart enough to develop an 'agenda'... :evil:
Doctors for Sensible Gun Laws
"first do no harm" - gun control LAWS lead to far more deaths than 'easy access' ever could.

Want REAL change? . . . . . "Boortz/Nugent in 2012 . . . ! "
Blaine
Posting leader...

Post by Blaine »

I'm not sure Brady was much more than a Chatty Cathy to his wife, who was pulling the string....
(Thanks, Fred, I stole your line :) )
The Rotten Fruit Always Hits The Ground First

Proud Life Member Of:
NRA
Second Amendment Foundation
Citizens Committee For The Right To Keep And Bear Arms
DAV
Griff
Posting leader...

Post by Griff »

BlaineG wrote:I'm not sure Brady was much more than a Chatty Cathy to his wife, who was pulling the string....
(Thanks, Fred, I stole your line :) )
+1
Griff,
SASS/CMSA #93
NRA Patron
GUSA #93

There is a fine line between hobby & obsession!
AND... I'm over it!!
No I ain't ready, but let's do it anyway!
mod71alaska
Senior Levergunner

Post by mod71alaska »

I think we should put politics aside for a few days and respectively let Jim Brady RIP. Above all this man was someone's loved one, besides being an anti-gun advocate.
Streetstar
Advanced Levergunner

Post by Streetstar »

mod71alaska wrote:I think we should put politics aside for a few days and respectively let Jim Brady RIP. Above all this man was someone's loved one, besides being an anti-gun advocate.
X2
----- Doug
Blaine
Posting leader...

Post by Blaine »

I'll bet you that the Antis will make hay with his death....That's pretty disrespectful....And, that will be his beloved spouse doing it :(

Proud Life Member Of:
NRA
DAV
7.62 Precision
Senior Levergunner

Post by 7.62 Precision »

He was, it seems, pretty messed up mentally from being shot, with difficulty controlling emotions and some cognitive difficulties, as well as difficulty with speech. I think it was his wife who pulled the strings after that. After seeing him in a couple interviews, I never had any animosity toward him. His wife is a different story . . .
cas
Senior Levergunner

Post by cas »

Mr. Brady will rest in peace no matter what we say or don't say. I think he was an honorable man who sacrificed a great deal while in the service of his country.

I felt terrible and great sadness not only for the injury the poor man suffered, but even more that he was continually exploited and used as a side show act by his wife the rest of his life.
Slow is just slow.
Bill in Oregon
Advanced Levergunner

Post by Bill in Oregon »

I m sorry for the mileage his wife got out of his injury, but Jim Brady was a fine American, by all accounts an excellent press secretary, and the victim of an armed lunatic who was able to easily buy a handgun. Thank God it was a .22 and not a .38, or the president likely would have died.
I can't blame someone nearly murdered by a mentally ill shooter for being motivated to try to spare others from the tragedy.
This is a tough crowd. Wonder what Jesus would say about this man.
AJMD429
Posting leader...

Post by AJMD429 »

Bill in Oregon wrote:Wonder what Jesus would say about this man.
I certainly make no claim to being as forgiving as the Savior; but then I'm a mere mortal, and sometimes a mean one at that...

Still, I have no tolerance for those who would facilitate a police-state, even if in benevolent ignorance. Real lives are lost every time we try that experiment, with 'gun control' as a prime example.
"first do no harm" - gun control LAWS lead to far more deaths than 'easy access' ever could.

junkbug
Levergunner 2.0

Post by junkbug »

The man was gravely injured in the service of his country. I will not judge him. May he rest in peace.
m.wun
Levergunner 3.0

Post by m.wun »

In honor of his death I renewed my NRA membership for another 3yrs today!!!
What in the wild world of sports is going on here
FWiedner
Advanced Levergunner

Post by FWiedner »

I'll flush twice at a private memorial service, just to render the appropriate honor.

:idea:
Government office attracts the power-mad, yet it's people who just want to be left alone to live life on their own terms who are considered dangerous.

History teaches that it's a small window in which people can fight back before it is too dangerous to fight back.
AJMD429
Posting leader...

Post by AJMD429 »

junkbug wrote:The man was gravely injured in the service of his country. I will not judge him. May he rest in peace.
Too bad all the innocents gravely injured, raped, or killed, just trying to go about their ordinary business, due to the crime increase his 'gun control' brought about didn't get the same respect.

I do judge those who serve our country, as they are essentially my employees; tens of thousands have died, and hundreds of thousands were injured, in the service of our country, who didn't violate their Oath of Office and our Constitution by trying to cram gun control down our throats. THOSE ones I highly respect.

(I'll shut up now :wink: - no need to show any more of my insensitive/evil side... :D )

Bill in Oregon
Advanced Levergunner

Post by Bill in Oregon »

Pretty harsh, for a man whose brain stopped a bullet intended for Dutch Reagan.
I'm done.
airedaleman
Levergunner 3.0

Post by airedaleman »

Some mean-spirited stuff here. I'm with you, Bill and I'm done with this lashup.
Riamh Nar Dhruid O Spairn Lann
- motto on the Irish Regiments' flags
FWiedner
Advanced Levergunner

Post by FWiedner »

Bill in Oregon wrote:Pretty harsh, for a man whose brain stopped a bullet intended for Dutch Reagan.
Yeah, and then he and his (w)itch accused every single American gun-owner that didn't do it of being at fault for the deed.

:roll:
Government office attracts the power-mad, yet it's people who just want to be left alone to live life on their own terms who are considered dangerous.

History teaches that it's a small window in which people can fight back before it is too dangerous to fight back.
Ysabel Kid

Post by Ysabel Kid »

7.62 Precision wrote:He was, it seems, pretty messed up mentally from being shot, with difficulty controlling emotions and some cognitive difficulties, as well as difficulty with speech. I think it was his wife who pulled the strings after that. After seeing him in a couple interviews, I never had any animosity toward him. His wife is a different story . . .
+1
Catshooter
Levergunner 3.0

Post by Catshooter »

Mmm. How to put this.

I agree with the Doc.

Some of you are confusing 'mean' with truthful and facing the realities of what went in, on and around the circumstances of Brady being accidently shot. It was an accident that he was shot - the bullet was meant for the President.

Adolph Hitler was 'shot' in the service of his country but my only thought there is that it didn't happen nearly soon enough. Hitler and Brady were of the same cloth, just not the same magnitude.

That Brady was shot hardly makes him a good man. A person's stand on gun control serves as an excellent barometer of how he stands on personal freedom and responsibility.

Some of you guys need to decide just who your friends really are.

Cat
Old Ironsights
Posting leader...

Post by Old Ironsights »

7.62 Precision wrote:He was, it seems, pretty messed up mentally from being shot, with difficulty controlling emotions and some cognitive difficulties, as well as difficulty with speech. I think it was his wife who pulled the strings after that. After seeing him in a couple interviews, I never had any animosity toward him. His wife is a different story . . .
This.

IMO the wrong Brady stopped breathing.

AFAIK Jim Brady was not anti gun. But, after getting his frontal lobes scrambled, he WAS a programmable prop for his anti-freedom "wife".

IIRC Reagan always treated Jim with dignity post shooting. Not so much respect was shown to his post-shooting handler. (She who must not be named...)
C2N14... because life is not energetic enough.
מנא, מנא, תקל, ופרסין Daniel 5:25-28... Got 7.62?
Not Depressed enough yet? Go read National Geographic, July 1976
Gott und Gewehr mit uns!
Sixgun
Posting leader...
Location: S.E. Pa. Where The Finest Winchesters & Colts Reside

Post by Sixgun »

The question is......where did he stand on gun control BEFORE the shooting? As far as I'm concerned, he was a vegetable afterwards, leaning towards a stalk of celery, maybe broccoli, but certainly no where advanced as a tomato. He was like a small child after the shooting, doing what he was told to do.

I agree with Doc on the issue but maybe we should pass judgement over to Brady's old lady, the one who, when she passes over the the Great Divide will be a cause for celebration.--------6
1st. Gen. Colt SAA’s, 1878 D.A.45 and a 38-55 Marlin TD

AJMD429
Posting leader...

Post by AJMD429 »

Old Ironsights and Sixgun have put it well. He was likely more of a tool (and fool) than instigator, although I still can't exactly heap the praise on him that the 'news' media expects; his wife is likely the more evil one, though.

Blaine
Posting leader...

Post by Blaine »

His death has now been ruled a homicide....interesting, I wonder how this is going to play out?

Proud Life Member Of:
NRA
DAV
AJMD429
Posting leader...

Post by AJMD429 »

BlaineG wrote:His death has now been ruled a homicide....interesting, I wonder how this is going to play out?
I'd be interested to know if there has ever been anyone else who has had 'homicide' listed as cause of death THAT far after a human-inflicted injury.

Sounds more 'political' than medically-legitimate, even if it was a contributing factor to his decline and/or death.

Sixgun
Posting leader...
Location: S.E. Pa. Where The Finest Winchesters & Colts Reside

Post by Sixgun »

AJMD429 wrote:
BlaineG wrote:His death has now been ruled a homicide....interesting, I wonder how this is going to play out?
I'd be interested to know if there has ever been anyone else who has had 'homicide' listed as cause of death THAT far after a human-inflicted injury.

Sounds more 'political' than medically-legitimate, even if it was a contributing factor to his decline and/or death.
Doc,
About 2 years ago this guy in Philly was rearrested after serving something like 20 years for attempted murder of a Philly cop. The bad guy was out of jail for 30 years or so when the cop he shot back in 1962 died. The coroner said the cop died as a direct result of the shooting 50 years earlier.

The bad guy was in his seventies and was eventually released after about a month in jail.------6
1st. Gen. Colt SAA’s, 1878 D.A.45 and a 38-55 Marlin TD