New toy - not a levergun

Welcome to the Leverguns.Com Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here ... politely.

Moderators: AmBraCol, Hobie

Forum rules
Welcome to the Leverguns.Com General Discussions Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here other than politics... politely.

Please post political post in the new Politics forum.
jhrosier
Levergunner 3.0

New toy - not a levergun

Post by jhrosier »

I've wanted one of these for a long time. I always told myself that it was just too expensive to justify.

It is a Lone Wolf Paul knife

I watched the prices go past $100 to $200, then to $300 and more. :cry:

Today, I decided that I deserve it and bid just over $150 on ebay.....and got it while the bid snipers were napping! :D

I've carried a pocket knife every day for more than fifty years,, but never one this nice.

Jack
Pitchy
Advanced Levergunner

Re: New toy - not a levergun

Post by Pitchy »

Sometimes ya gotta just go for it, very nice and grats. 8)
Because I Can, and Have
-------------------------------------------------------------
USAF-72-76
God Bless America.
Disclaimer, not responsible for anyone copying or building anything i make.
Always consult an expert first.
Rusty
Advanced Levergunner

Post by Rusty »

Nice looking knife. I did the same thing after carrying a Buck 110 for years. I finally bought a Puma lock blade and love it. It seems much lighterand slimmer than the Buck.
If you're gonna be stupid ya gotta be tough-
Isiah 55:8&9

It's easier to fool people than it is to convince them they have been fooled.
jhrosier
Levergunner 3.0

Post by jhrosier »

Rusty,

I had a Buck 110 that I won at a turkey shoot. It was way too big and heavy for my purposes so I got rid of it, still like new. I did keep the leather belt pouch as it is very handy to carry an extra magazine for my 1911 without attracting too much attention.

Jack
Rusty
Advanced Levergunner

Post by Rusty »

Yep, the best belt pouch I ever had was one that I got from Sullivan's holster shop in Tampa, Fl. It was a .45 mag pouch and fit the Buck better than the factory pouch did.
If you're gonna be stupid ya gotta be tough-
Isiah 55:8&9

It's easier to fool people than it is to convince them they have been fooled.
salvo
Senior Levergunner

Post by salvo »

Very nice, congrats!
ScottS

"No arsenal, no weapon in the arsenals of the world, is so formidable as the will and moral courage of free men and women."
-- Ronald Reagan
smokenrust
Levergunner 2.0

Post by smokenrust »

JhRosier, That is a nice looking knife...
Probably worth 10 of mine...
Problem is that if a feller (me) puts a real good knife in the pocket, some where along the way it will get lost... be it in the barn, haymow, field, pasture or went out a hole in the pocket from wear.
Now I carry a nice knife when I leave the farm, but I carry a cheap knife that I think might hold up. Even if its foriegn made. :(
This one, the grips have have already left... Something about using it in solvents and oil does not help glue stay attached... Oh well Now its thinner in the pocket. :) .
knife 003s.JPG
(discloser) Not a gunsmith, just a tinkerer at heart, it gets me into trouble, When I take it apart...
O.S.O.K.
Advanced Levergunner

Post by O.S.O.K. »

Very nice.

I have a Kershaw Ken Onion that I've carried for the last 10 years or so - but it's in bad need of a professional sharpening. I've been using the little "crossed stick" ceramic sharpener but that's not doing the trick - too many boxes and such I guess. I don't know how people get by without having a pocket knife...
NRA Endowment Life
Phi Kappa Sigma, Alpha Phi 83 "Skulls"
OCS, 120th MP Battalion, MSSG
MOLON LABE!
jhrosier
Levergunner 3.0

Post by jhrosier »

smokenrust wrote:.....
Problem is that if a feller (me) puts a real good knife in the pocket, some where along the way it will get lost... be it in the barn, haymow, field, pasture or went out a hole in the pocket from wear. .....
I thought about these things and decided that I won't let the fear of such disappointments rob me of the satisfaction of owning something nice. I lost a treasured pocket knife when I was ten years old, but never since. If it is lost or ruined or stolen, I will still have enjoyed it in the meantime.

At threescore and four, I find my values and priorities changing in interesting and unexpected ways.

Jack
Streetstar
Advanced Levergunner

Post by Streetstar »

Snap-On folding box knife for me for 75% of my pocket knife needs --- it gets dull, i just replace the blade :D

use a Buck for the rest ----- but JR, yours is much much prettier , looks slimmer too -- good stuff

----- Doug
JB
Senior Levergunner

Post by JB »

That's a nice looking knife for sure, but I'd be afraid to carry it for fear of losing it!
Ysabel Kid

Post by Ysabel Kid »

Wow, that is a sharp looking knife (no pun intended)! 8)
bdhold

Post by bdhold »

you can't have too many knives.