OT(ish): Hunting licenses in your state.

Welcome to the Leverguns.Com Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here ... politely.

Moderators: AmBraCol, Hobie

Forum rules
Welcome to the Leverguns.Com General Discussions Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here other than politics... politely.

Please post political post in the new Politics forum.
mklwhite
Levergunner 2.0

OT(ish): Hunting licenses in your state.

Post by mklwhite »

In Arkansas the hunting licenses are:
(these are resident licenses)
Resident Wildlife Conservation License $10.50. (small game w/ 1 buck during modern gun - modern gun is 11/13 thru 12/5 this year)
Resident Sportsman’s License $25.00 (everything except migratory - you need a stamp for that - includes archery/muzzle loading/modern gun deer seasons and turkey season(s))

Bonus info: Fishing license $10.50
AJMD429
Posting leader...

Re: OT(ish): Hunting licenses in your state.

Post by AJMD429 »

The only game I hunt is deer, and if you're a landowner in Indiana, you don't need a license; you just have to obey the bag limits for your county, seasons, etc..
Doctors for Sensible Gun Laws
"first do no harm" - gun control LAWS lead to far more deaths than 'easy access' ever could.

Want REAL change? . . . . . "Boortz/Nugent in 2012 . . . ! "
txpete
Departed Friend

Post by txpete »

in texas super combo(hunting/fishing all tags fresh & salt water)=$0.00 disabled vet.I haven't bought a license in years.
DAV life member.
TedH
Advanced Levergunner

Post by TedH »

Deer license for non-landowners are $17.00. Extra any-deer tags are pretty much unlimited for however many you want to buy.
Turkey are also $17.00
Small game in $11.00 I think.
NRA Life Member
Pete44ru
Advanced Levergunner

Post by Pete44ru »

I have a permanent/free combination Hunting/Fishing license, that my state issues to senior citizens @ age 65.

If Ring-neck Pheasant is on the menu, everyone must first buy a book (or two) of Pheasant stamps, each stamp good for one bird each, with daily bag limits, of course.

If I want to hunt deer, Archery, Muzzleloading, and/or Shotgun Deer tags are $12.50 each to everyone, with liberal bag limits.

When I made my annual pilgrimage to Maine to hunt deer, the Maine Non-Resident Big Game license cost me $116 this Fall. (Up from $45, when I first started hunting Maine, long ago)

There's no chage to function test a handgun, in a 24-hour convenience store - unless you get caught. ;) :mrgreen:

Chuck 100 yd
Advanced Levergunner

Post by Chuck 100 yd »

Washington deer = $45.00 It was $15.00 when I started hunting WA deer in `61`. :wink:
adirondakjack
Senior Levergunner

Post by adirondakjack »

NY resident hunting, $29, + $10 doe permit, +$10 muzzle loading permit (each gives ya potentially 1 deer)
Fishing is $29
Fishing and hunting combined is $39
Certified gun nut
Pisgah
Senior Levergunner

Post by Pisgah »

In SC, I always by the Resident Sportsman license, $50 -- statewide hunting & fishing, Big Game permit, Widlife Management Area permit, all included. Turkey tags and Migratory Birds permit free upon request. For waterfowl, I need to add a Federal Duck Stamp.
dr walker
Senior Levergunner

Post by dr walker »

In Florida, this year was $109.50!!!!!
Freshwater/saltwater/hunting 48.00
snook permit 10.00
archery 5.00
muzzleloader 5.00
turkey 10.00
deer 5.00
Wildlife Management Area fee 26.50

I spend about $150 on non-resident licenses and tags to deer hunt in West Virginia.
Hobie

Post by Hobie »

VA can find a way to take your money...
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Sincerely,

Hobie

"We are all travelers in the wilderness of this world, and the best that we find in our travels is an honest friend." Robert Louis Stevenson
Mac in Mo
Levergunner 3.0

Post by Mac in Mo »

Like Ted I'm in Missouri. The cost can add up. I tell myself it goes to a good cause, which it does, I think we have one of the best run conservation departments in the country. As far as I know, the permit fees do not go to general revenue. Here is a typical year for me.

combo fish/small game 19.00
archery (2 any deer-2 turkey) 19.00
archery antlerless deer 7.00 buy as many as you like
firearms deer ( 1 any deer) 17.00
firearms antlerless 7.00 ( some parts of state,buy as many as you like)
fall turkey13.00 (shotgun-2 turkey) 13.00
spring turkey ( shotgun 2 bearded turkey) 17.00
There are more such as trout stamps, federal migratory bird and such. There is one for fishing the lakes that fall on both sides of the Missouri Arkansas border. There are provisions for elderly, youth, and active duty military to get lowered or no cost tags. Non residents are charged more but not nearly as much as some states.

Kevin
Rusty
Advanced Levergunner

Post by Rusty »

Our trip to WV cost us $172 each for non resident
If you're gonna be stupid ya gotta be tough-
Isiah 55:8&9

It's easier to fool people than it is to convince them they have been fooled.
shooter
Senior Levergunner

Post by shooter »

Don't know what the current Texas prices are. I got a lifetime hunting license a few years ago, but last time I bought one it was around $65 for a hunt/fish combo license that included everything but archery, duck, and turkey I believe. The extra stamps were around $5.00 a piece.

For deer in New Mexico it was $270 for a non-resident in a standard hunt unit, or $325 for a quality hunt unit. I hunted in a standard unit this year and saw far bigger deer than last year when I hunted in a quality unit.
‎"If ye love wealth greater than liberty, the tranquility of servitude greater than the animating contest for freedom, go home from us in peace. We seek not your counsel, nor your arms. Crouch down and lick the hand that feeds you; and may posterity forget that ye were our countrymen" - Samuel Adams
iceman
Senior Levergunner

Post by iceman »

In Quebec small game $17.76, migratory birds (good everywhere in Canada) $17.00 deer $49.24 1 deer only any season. Another licence is available for Anticosti Island for up to 4 deer not sure of cost, because far away and must use exclusive guide. Moose is similar to deer and depending on zone 2 or 3 tags needed per moose.
Happiness is a comfortable stump on a sunny south facing mountain.
Blaine
Posting leader...

Post by Blaine »

Deer, Elk, Black Bear, and Cougar combo is about $87 bucks. Combo Fishing is somewhere about 40 bucks, I think.... I might skip hunting next year, and just fish.
The Rotten Fruit Always Hits The Ground First

Proud Life Member Of:
NRA
Second Amendment Foundation
Citizens Committee For The Right To Keep And Bear Arms
DAV
El Chivo
Advanced Levergunner

Post by El Chivo »

I usually pay around $75.00 for everything. License, plus first deer tag, second deer tag (always the optimist) and upland game stamp. I think it's $35 for the license, and the first deer tag is cheaper than the second.
"I'll tell you what living is. You get up when you feel like it. You fry yourself some eggs. You see what kind of a day it is."
Huntermb
Levergunner 2.0

Post by Huntermb »

Resident whitetail tags here in Manitoba are $36. Upland birds are $22, Waterfowl stamp is $17, moose and elk are $52, black bear is $31
Mike D.
***Rock Star***

Post by Mike D. »

California resident license= $44.50
1st deer tag = $28.65
2nd deer tag = $35.64
Upland bird stamp = $8.64
CA duck cert = $16.27( The old CA duck stamp has been replaced by a blue piece of paper called a CA Waterfowl Certificate.)
Fed duck stamp = $15.

Why this horribly mis-managed state has such oddball numbers is probably due to taxes and "administrative" fees. This is exactly what happens when only one party runs the state. Now that the sheeple have recycled a dinosaur our taxes WILL be rising substantially and the hunting and fishing cost will go up accordingly. :x
"Congressmen who willfully take actions during wartime that damage morale, and undermine the military are saboteurs and should be arrested, exiled or hanged"....President Abraham Lincoln
Nate C.
Levergunner 2.0

Post by Nate C. »

For Texas residents: the 'Super Combo' hunting and fishing license with all the stamps/endorsements (except federal duck stamp, which is extra) is currently $68. The basic hunting only license is $25.
Texas State Rifle Association http://www.tsra.com

Freemason. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Freemasonry