Gun show excitement....

Welcome to the Leverguns.Com Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here ... politely.

Moderators: AmBraCol, Hobie

Forum rules
Welcome to the Leverguns.Com General Discussions Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here other than politics... politely.

Please post political post in the new Politics forum.
Mokwaw
Levergunner 3.0

Gun show excitement....

Post by Mokwaw »

...granddaughter and I went to the Kokomo, In. gun show today, her first. We saw a would be gun thief taken down hard. He had lifted a S&W 686, when the dealer & police stopped him from going out the door they could not find the gun in his napsack and therefore had to release him, but they made him account for the stuff in the bag. He led them to several different tables and could not produce any dealers that recognized him as a buyer. The police then took his bag and started emptying it out on a table and while they were somewhat distracted the thief made a run for the door. A police officer tackled him in the isle, and tasered him about 4 times trying to get him under control, and when a second officer showed up the thief tried to kick him in the gonads, the officer pulled his baton and proceeded to whop him good on the legs, he then gave up. As they began to search him they found the handgun stuffed down in his boot. So we get to mark one up for the good guys. My granddaughter says she can't wait for the next show. :o
UNITE
Chuck 100 yd
Advanced Levergunner

Re: Gun show excitement....

Post by Chuck 100 yd »

WOW !! Excitement. I spent the day driving to visit relatives.
:? :? :? :lol:
Pathfinder09
Levergunner 2.0

Post by Pathfinder09 »

JERK!

I hope it hurt real good!

:evil:
vancelw
Advanced Levergunner

Post by vancelw »

Dang! Didn't you have a video camera handy? :lol:

I've never ever seen anyone attempt to steal anything at a guns show. I'm sure it happens, but what an idiotic thing to do?
"Make yourself an honest man, and then you may be sure that there is one less scoundrel in the world." - Thomas Carlyle
O.S.O.K.
Advanced Levergunner

Post by O.S.O.K. »

Very good - good to hear that this scum got his comeupance and then some.

And really a good object lesson for the youngun :)
NRA Endowment Life
Phi Kappa Sigma, Alpha Phi 83 "Skulls"
OCS, 120th MP Battalion, MSSG
MOLON LABE!
Ysabel Kid

Post by Ysabel Kid »

For some reason now I can't get the "Bad Boys" tune out of my head now! :D
DixieBoy
Senior Levergunner

Post by DixieBoy »

I was at a gun show today too, but the only "thieves" I saw were some of the "dealers." :? - DixieBoy
When the People Fear Their Government There is Tyranny; When the Government Fears the People There is Liberty.
TedH
Advanced Levergunner

Post by TedH »

Pathfinder09 wrote:JERK!

I hope it hurt real good!

:evil:

+1
NRA Life Member
Nazgul
Levergunner 2.0

Post by Nazgul »

You got your money's worth! These shows are getting pricey.

Don
Sixgun
Posting leader...
Location: S.E. Pa. Where The Finest Winchesters & Colts Reside

Post by Sixgun »

DixieBoy wrote:I was at a gun show today too, but the only "thieves" I saw were some of the "dealers." :? - DixieBoy

Yea! I like that :D ------------Sixgun
1st. Gen. Colt SAA’s, 1878 D.A.45 and a 38-55 Marlin TD

RainMystique
Levergunner

Post by RainMystique »

I was also at the Gun show in Kokomo In yesterday! I knew something was going on cause one of the dealers told me that there was already a gun stolen... We left before all the excitement darn it! Personally I think the guy must have been crazy... The last place I would try and steal anything (if I were that type of person) would be in a room full of people with guns in close proximity to ammo. :lol:

Sounds like it's a good thing he got caught too.
wecsoger
Senior Levergunner

Post by wecsoger »

At least one gun, and it sounds like more so that's over $1,000. Don't know how it works in IN, but for most states, that moves it out of just the regular casual felony category.

Lessee, felony eluding, resisting arrest, attempted assault upon a peace officer (or the IN equivalent), that's going to really suck for him once they tote up the charges. Prosecutor is going to have a easy case on this plus I'm sure they're going to cheerfully bang him since he was so flagrant about it.

Add to it the county is out $28 bucks for a taser cartridge. (or whatever they're going for now)

Sounds like you got more than your money's worth for admission. If I had known this would have happened, I would have driven up from southwest Ohio to watch.

Good times. Sucks to be him. Another prime example of dumbassery.