OT--Havin' Fun With The Full Auto's

Welcome to the Leverguns.Com Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here ... politely.

Moderators: AmBraCol, Hobie

Forum rules
Welcome to the Leverguns.Com General Discussions Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here other than politics... politely.

Please post political post in the new Politics forum.
Sixgun
Posting leader...
Location: S.E. Pa. Where The Finest Winchesters & Colts Reside

OT--Havin' Fun With The Full Auto's

Post by Sixgun »

jjjjjjjjjjj
Last edited by Sixgun on Fri Nov 27, 2009 6:17 pm, edited 1 time in total.
1st. Gen. Colt SAA’s, 1878 D.A.45 and a 38-55 Marlin TD

RKrodle
Senior Levergunner

Re: OT--Havin' Fun With The Full Auto's

Post by RKrodle »

WOW!!!!!! Looks like a great time and looks like Sixgun Jr is missing out big time.
Ricky

DWWC
Noah Zark
Senior Levergunner

Post by Noah Zark »

"Me on crest of mountain making myself an excellent TARGET."

Fixed it for ya!

Seriously, it appears that a good time was had by all.

I most recently warmed up my own subguns (Sterling Mk4, S&W Model 76) at 0930 on 4 July to commemorate Independence Day.

Noah
Might as well face it, you're addicted to guns . . .
J Miller
Member Emeritus

Post by J Miller »

I just love shooting other folks full autos. I really do. It's as much fun as man can have I think.

Now as for standing on a ridge like that in VN, had you done so you wouldn't be here with us today cos some VC dude would have off'd you.

Joe
***Be sneaky, get closer, bust the cap on him when you can put the ball where it counts ;) .***
Hillbilly
Levergunner 3.0

Post by Hillbilly »

"Me on crest of mountain making myself an excellent TARGET."

The only windbreak/cover available will be in the wrong direction if you need to travel across an open feild too.

That sounds like a load of fun Sixgun. I guess I am old and cheap... full-auto sounds like a cash register to me these days.
always press the "red" button--- it's worth the effort and the results can be fun
rjohns94
Advanced Levergunner

Post by rjohns94 »

looks like lots of fun. thanks for sharing your day.
Mike Johnson,

"Only those who will risk going too far, can possibly find out how far one can go." T.S. Eliot
Nobody

Post by Nobody »

:D
Last edited by Nobody on Thu Jul 30, 2009 9:34 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Ysabel Kid

Post by Ysabel Kid »

Only thing better than shooting a full auto is shooting it when someone else is paying for the ammunition!!! :D 8)
Jay Bird

Post by Jay Bird »

"I don't need no stinking black rifle". Who said this 8 months ago? HMMMMM. Can I have that cool M4? ..............BUDDY!!!! :mrgreen:
donw
Levergunner 3.0

Post by donw »

looks like fun...

a silhoette like that turns you into a bullet magnet...(if you're in the war fighting business)

nevertheless...a good dramatic touch...
if you think you're influencial, try telling someone else's dog what to do---will rogers
Sixgun
Posting leader...

Post by Sixgun »

donw wrote:looks like fun...

a silhoette like that turns you into a bullet magnet...(if you're in the war fighting business.

nevertheless...a good dramatic touch...
Don, Yep, When Mike took the picture, he said, "Yo Jack, this is gonna be a cool picture, your all black". I replied, "I hope its temporary." :D

Sixgun Jr.,
My man, you are 100% correct. Black rifles were junk and useless to me until.......................we got that new pres. and I smelled trouble in the future. And Lordy, those babies really shoot--never thought they were that accurate and easy to operate. No lever to yank on. :D ----Yo Pappa

mav
Levergunner 2.0

Post by mav »

Looks like a good time.
Are those the "strippins" where you camp for deer season?
Sixgun
Posting leader...

Post by Sixgun »

mav wrote:Looks like a good time.
Are those the "strippins" where you camp for deer season?

Yep, The strippins in Schuylkill County, Pa., near Pottsville. I usually camp in the strippins in Centre Cty., but now that Tom has bought this land, I'll be camping here. Are you in the area?------------Sixgun

mav
Levergunner 2.0

Post by mav »

I'm in southern Centre County. You mentioned on a previous thread that you camped and hunted outside of Snow Shoe. I'd bet that the sound of full auto doesn't even raise an eyebrow up there. ;-)
I work and shoot with a number of guys from the "mountaintop" area. Awhile back we were talking about the stockpiling of ammo and guns that was going on. One of my friends said "They may call us a bunch of dumb hunkys, but those Afghanis don't have anything on us." :)
Noah Zark
Senior Levergunner

Post by Noah Zark »

mav wrote:I'm in southern Centre County. You mentioned on a previous thread that you camped and hunted outside of Snow Shoe. I'd bet that the sound of full auto doesn't even raise an eyebrow up there. ;-)

At one time, (not sure if its still true because some of the guys have passed on) Clearfield, Elk and McKean Counties had more privately-held NFA weapons per capita than all other counties in PA combined. I personally know one NFA owner that has still has 32 MGs, DDs and AOWs.

Noah
Might as well face it, you're addicted to guns . . .
Sixgun
Posting leader...

Post by Sixgun »

Mav and Noah,
Yes, most people would be very surprised at the number of NFA weapons that are privately held--right here in Delaware & Chester counties. I personally know a fair amount of people who have these goodies with the fun switches and silencers and you know what? Never did I see or hear of any illegal use. mmmmmmmmm........ sounds like a "culture thing".--------------Sixgun

Mav, Do you shoot at the Lewistown club where they have the long range matches? I'm going to the next one in Oct.

mescalero1
Advanced Levergunner

Post by mescalero1 »

Sixgun, need to work on your "scent reading abilities " some more.
That trouble has been on the wind for some time now.
Travis Morgan
Senior Levergunner

Post by Travis Morgan »

If you ever get the opportunity, try out a KRISS Super V. Lotsa fun!
Hunter Ed. instructor
NRA Basic pistol Inst.
NRA Personal protection inst.
NRA Range safety officer

Blessed is the man that walketh not in the counsel of the ungodly, nor standeth in the way of sinners, nor sitteth in the seat of the scornful. But his delight is in the law of the LORD; and in his law doth he meditate day and night. Psalm 1
Sixgun
Posting leader...

Post by Sixgun »

Travis Morgan wrote:If you ever get the opportunity, try out a KRISS Super V. Lotsa fun!
Travis,
Is that one of those new subguns in 45 that was on the military channel?
If it is, that sure is one heck of a street sweeper and I bet a lot of fun to play with. Those 230 grain chunks of lead flying out of there with minimal recoil sure would do a fine job of "cutting the weeds down":D But subguns in pistol calibers would be a second choice for me. I consider that Glock 18 to be about worthless for anything but shooting at big rocks at close range. Even the HK subguns don't impress me a lot. But obviously, each gun has a specific purpose.------------Sixgun

cas
Senior Levergunner

Post by cas »

mescalero1 wrote:Sixgun, need to work on your "scent reading abilities " some more.
He doesn't read scents, he leaves them. :shock:

(they have no military application having been outlawed in the Geneva convention)
Slow is just slow.
Travis Morgan
Senior Levergunner

Post by Travis Morgan »

Sixgun wrote:
Travis Morgan wrote:If you ever get the opportunity, try out a KRISS Super V. Lotsa fun!
Travis,
Is that one of those new subguns in 45 that was on the military channel?
If it is, that sure is one heck of a street sweeper and I bet a lot of fun to play with. Those 230 grain chunks of lead flying out of there with minimal recoil sure would do a fine job of "cutting the weeds down":D But subguns in pistol calibers would be a second choice for me. I consider that Glock 18 to be about worthless for anything but shooting at big rocks at close range. Even the HK subguns don't impress me a lot. But obviously, each gun has a specific purpose.------------Sixgun

Yup, and they're every bit as cool as they're claimed to be. I have very little use for a Glock.
Hunter Ed. instructor
NRA Basic pistol Inst.
NRA Personal protection inst.
NRA Range safety officer

Blessed is the man that walketh not in the counsel of the ungodly, nor standeth in the way of sinners, nor sitteth in the seat of the scornful. But his delight is in the law of the LORD; and in his law doth he meditate day and night. Psalm 1
mav
Levergunner 2.0

Post by mav »

Sixgun,
I guess you mean Mifflin County Sportsmen. I've never been there. I hear they have a 1000 yard range. Good luck at the shoot.
Sixgun
Posting leader...

Post by Sixgun »

mav wrote:Sixgun,
I guess you mean Mifflin County Sportsmen. I've never been there. I hear they have a 1000 yard range. Good luck at the shoot.

Yes, Mav. Thats the club! Come on, you can make it. Hey, whats the use of traveling 160 miles if I don't know anybody? :D ------------ No, not really :D No matter what club I hit in Pa., there's always a few die hard guncranks I have met at other clubs. Still like to see some levergun.Com boys at these matches.-------------Sixgun

GEOFF
Levergunner 2.0

Post by GEOFF »

Sixgun,

Geez, I haven't checked in for a LONG time and I see I've been missing out!

I have NEVER had the opportunity to pull the trigger on a FULL AUTO. You guys are SO lucky. We have a lot going for us out here in Wa. St. but when it comes to full autos, well we don't have that right I guess. Like you said, privately held ones are VERY seldom ever used in crime, if EVER.

Take care and put a mag thru for me!!

Geoff