xmas gifts

Welcome to the Leverguns.Com Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here ... politely.

Moderators: AmBraCol, Hobie

Forum rules
Welcome to the Leverguns.Com General Discussions Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here other than politics... politely.

Please post political post in the new Politics forum.
brucew44guns
Senior Levergunner

xmas gifts

Post by brucew44guns »

If you won't get caught posting the secret, anyone want to share with all of us what treasure of a lever gun you bought your son or daughter or wife for a Christmas gift? Handguns can be spoken of too.
To hell with them fellas, buzzards gotta eat same as the worms.
Outlaw Josey Wales

Member GOA
NRA Benefactor-Life
gregg
Levergunner 2.0

Post by gregg »

Bought 5 Steyr Mannlicher 8x56R M95/30 short rifles. That and brass and dies,clips, the whole nine yards. So that covered Christmas for the boys and girls.
jazman
Levergunner 3.0

Post by jazman »

I'm giving my son my pre-safety .357 Rossi SRC, he ought to get a bang out of it...sorry, couldn't resist the pun... 8)
"If you're gonna be a bear, be a grizzly"
pharmseller
Senior Levergunner

Post by pharmseller »

I bought my seven year old 3 Nerf guns that we I mean he can shoot in the house. He's almost ready for the Marlin Mountie.

Quinn
We are determined that before the sun sets on this terrible struggle, our flag will be recognized throughout the world as a symbol of freedom on the one hand, of overwhelming power on the other.

General George C. Marshall, 1942
J Miller
Member Emeritus

Post by J Miller »

:cry: :cry: :cry: Sadly, nothing this year. :cry: :cry: :cry:

J :cry: e
***Be sneaky, get closer, bust the cap on him when you can put the ball where it counts ;) .***
Junior
Levergunner 2.0

Post by Junior »

I'm giving my son-in-law an autographed copy of Paco's new "Leverguns" book. Paco, again I thank you for the nice things you wrote above your signature. He will love the signature and the book. When he opens it, I expect him to say, 'Dang, Junior!"
dkmlever
Levergunner 3.0

Post by dkmlever »

I only wish I had had a son or daughter to give a gift to on Christmas, just never worked out for my wife and I. Gave a good friend whos son is in Afganistan a Randel knife made in 1962 that is unused, gave another friend a book One Man one rifle and another a book on Mule deer hunting.
marlinman93
Advanced Levergunner

Post by marlinman93 »

My wife could care less about guns, but she indulges my habit, so I got her a new Fender acoustic guitar and case! Hardly an even deal for all she puts up with! :wink:
Pre WWI Marlins and Singleshot rifles!
http://members.tripod.com/~OregonArmsCollectors/
DDude
Levergunner 1.0

Post by DDude »

I'm on the road, won't be home for the whole Christmas thing.
Longfin
Levergunner 1.0

Post by Longfin »

The grandson is getting a Cricket .22 rifle. Course he is only 14 months, so I'm going to keep it for him till he grows into it. Gave the wantabe son in law a 100 rounds of ammo for his S&W 40 caliber pistol so he and I can do some shooting and bonding. I'll finally get the Leupold scope that I purchased from fellow Levergunner, Mark Hargrove. My wife found out that I had bought it and grabbed it and wrapped it up as a gift from her!
Zack
Old Ironsights
Posting leader...

Post by Old Ironsights »

I don't/can't have kids. I have Cats. They cause enough grief, and can occasionally be convinced to go hunting - even though I'm not too fond of Voles.

OTOH, I did get my nephews copies ot "Forbidden Legos"...

I did get a gift I will be reporting on later though...

Bearclaw Holsters made me a Tuckable holster for my SP101. They are one of only 3 makers who will do so, and theirs is only $65.

I got it in the Post today... My USPS carrier needs a Tip...

Anyway, it seems to work well on first blush, and doesn't get in the way of my Clip Draw... a bonus.

Full report later.
C2N14... because life is not energetic enough.
מנא, מנא, תקל, ופרסין Daniel 5:25-28... Got 7.62?
Not Depressed enough yet? Go read National Geographic, July 1976
Gott und Gewehr mit uns!
Ysabel Kid

Post by Ysabel Kid »

No leverguns this year, but I did refinish, in a custom way, a bolt-action .22 for my 5-year old daughter. It will be her first gun. :D

My son is going to get a shotgun for his 10th birthday in May!