Vintage .33 WCF Ammo

Welcome to the Leverguns.Com Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here ... politely.

Moderators: AmBraCol, Hobie

Forum rules
Welcome to the Leverguns.Com General Discussions Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here other than politics... politely.

Please post political post in the new Politics forum.
Mike D.
***Rock Star***

Vintage .33 WCF Ammo

Post by Mike D. »

These three boxes of .33 WCF cartridges just arrived via UPS. A little more stock for my vintage Winchester ammo collection. At the top are circa 1922-25 UMC, followed by early '20s Dominion Cartridge Co, of Montreal, Canada, with D.C. Co headstamp, and at bottom are unlisted 1906 dated Winchester cartridges. Sealed, clean boxes are hard to come by and finding a box of '06 Winchesters is a real treasure to me. Sorry about the shine, but the shrink wrap will remain on the boxes to protect them from my sweaty fingers. :D
"Congressmen who willfully take actions during wartime that damage morale, and undermine the military are saboteurs and should be arrested, exiled or hanged"....President Abraham Lincoln
Modoc ED
Advanced Levergunner

Re: Vintage .33 WCF Ammo

Post by Modoc ED »

That's really neat Mike. I don't actively collect old ammo boxes/cartridges but when I run across them, I will pick them up.

Did you get those off E-Bay?
ED
Yer never too old
Rimfire McNutjob
Advanced Levergunner

Post by Rimfire McNutjob »

What is the parent case for the 33 WCF? I would guess that it shares the case head dimensions of the 45-70 but I really don't know.
... I love poetry, long walks on the beach, and poking dead things with a stick.
jnyork
Advanced Levergunner

Post by jnyork »

Outstanding, Mike!!
Mike D.
***Rock Star***

Post by Mike D. »

Rimfire McNutjob wrote:What is the parent case for the 33 WCF? I would guess that it shares the case head dimensions of the 45-70 but I really don't know.
Yes, it does. I form mine from Remington .45-70 cases, simply because they form easily and anneal enough to go through several reloadings without too much expansion. Starline work well enough, too, but are much thicker and tougher. Nickel Rems mark the especially HV loads, same as the other calibers I load for. :D
"Congressmen who willfully take actions during wartime that damage morale, and undermine the military are saboteurs and should be arrested, exiled or hanged"....President Abraham Lincoln
GEOFF
Levergunner 2.0

Post by GEOFF »

Very cool Mike D.

Thanks for adding to my education. I don't recall ever seeing ammunition boxes from this era.

Geoff