OT- Upset

Welcome to the Leverguns.Com Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here ... politely.

Moderators: AmBraCol, Hobie

Forum rules
Welcome to the Leverguns.Com General Discussions Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here other than politics... politely.

Please post political post in the new Politics forum.
Andrew
Advanced Levergunner

OT- Upset

Post by Andrew »

EDIT:I figured it out, viewtopic.php?p=13819#13819 , thanks guys for the advice.

My wisdom pool is pretty shallow compared to most of you and I need some advice. The situation...

I did a job for a guy that I work with. He asked if it could be done for $100, and I agreed even though that was 20-25% of what it would cost him somewhere else. I felt bad cause I was doing it after another guy failed to get it done, so he had been waiting awhile.

Tonight he came buy and got his stuff and my Wife happened to be at the shop so he gave her the money. When he left I asked her how much, and she showed me a wad of cash that I examined...50,20,20,5,5...that's $100. I put it in my pocket, then pulled it out later to put in my wallet.

Then I saw 20,20,5,5... :shock: I looked all over the shop and outside for that $50 bill and natta. :cry: I called my Wife and asked if she had given it all to me, that's when she said "Yeah, all $50". :?

Now I don't know if I am a moron that lost a $50 bill, or he is a cheap jerk that's trying to jip me. Either way I am not in a good mood about it.

Now hears the thing, if I ask him for the answer to how much he gave me I will either get real depressed(at myself) or real mad(at him).

How do I keep from making it worse if he tells me that he only gave me half of an already cheap quote? :D
Last edited by Andrew on Thu Dec 20, 2007 4:10 pm, edited 1 time in total.
ImageImage
Qui tacet consentit. (silence implies consent)
The Boring Blog
gon2shoot
Levergunner 2.0

Post by gon2shoot »

Ask him what he wants the recipte written out for :wink:
grit yer teeth an pull the trigger
meanc
Levergunner 3.0

Post by meanc »

Just tell the guy your wife said he only gave her $50.

I'd be more inclined to believe and back what my wife says.
Rusty
Advanced Levergunner

Post by Rusty »

You said you examined it the first time and it was : 50, 20, 20, 5, 5. Did you see a $50 bill the first time? From what I read you say you did the first time.

Rusty <><
If you're gonna be stupid ya gotta be tough-
Isiah 55:8&9

It's easier to fool people than it is to convince them they have been fooled.
cutter
Levergunner 2.0

Post by cutter »

Yikes, tough one friend.

Meanc is right, simple and honest.

How to keep from making it worse? Think about this , it ONLY cost you fifty dollars to find out what kind of man he was. Someday, we will all be judged...

Of course, it could have been an honest mistake.
Andrew
Advanced Levergunner

Post by Andrew »

Rusty wrote:You said you examined it the first time and it was : 50, 20, 20, 5, 5. Did you see a $50 bill the first time? From what I read you say you did the first time.

Rusty <><
That's the thing, I'm "pretty sure" but not "positive". The fact that my Wife said there was only $50 makes me think I really didn't. It was dark outside and it was literally a wad of cash. And I looked, looked, and LOOKED about the shop for it, I mean come on...that's $50!

It may sound dumb, but I hope that it is my mistake and not his. I have to work with him and I would rather not have any animosity.
ImageImage
Qui tacet consentit. (silence implies consent)
The Boring Blog
Rusty
Advanced Levergunner

Post by Rusty »

Tough call, but the only thing to do is to ask him. There's no need to get yer hair up over something that might not be his fault. It would be better for all concerned to just ask him. It might still turn up if he did you right.

Rusty <><

Junior
Levergunner 2.0

Post by Junior »

I once owned a high volume convenience/liquor store. You wouldn't believe how much money I found on the floor in front of my cash register. People keep money in their front pockets, and when they reach in there for it some of it falls on the floor. I'm talking hundreds even thousands of dollars over 13 years. And dope. Many baggies of marijuana. Your fifty hit the floor and might still be there somewhere.

In case you wonder what I did with the dope, I gave it to the next person who I knew smoked it. In the cases of fifties and hundreds, I kept them in my wallet a couple of days in case someone asked about a big bill they lost. No one ever asked about a bag or a big bill.
John in MS
Levergunner 2.0

Post by John in MS »

FWIW, I've found a $50 bill, a $20 bill, and numerous $1.00 bills for just this reason -- people keeping money wadded up in their pockets and losing track of it. I had to nag my wife for a while to get her to quit doing it and put her money in a wallet to keep from losing it.

I'm sorry this is worrisome to you, but one thing I would consider aside from your/your wife's memory of what was paid, is what your experience of his character has been thus far. If he has always struck you as honest and fair, that's worth something. That may help you decide how to approach it.

John
Junior
Levergunner 2.0

Post by Junior »

PS: panties. I found several pairs of panties in the floor in front of my cash register. Why a guy would stuff a pair of panties in his front pocket before he enters a liquor store, I will leave to your imagination. . . .
Caco
Levergunner 2.0

Post by Caco »

Hard to believe you counted money that wasn't there in the first place. Guess I would find it hard to give any kind of question of his intent if I was not cnfident of myself. Pay more attention in the future and if it don't show up missplaced, consider it tuition to the school of experience :P
Dave
Scott Young
Levergunner 2.0

Post by Scott Young »

we are only talking about fifty dollars. it isn't worth calling into question someone's integrity when you are unsure about the details. i would just count it as a loss on my part since i wasn't sure. one caveat, i would not want to call my wife's character into question. if he did give you $100 and you say you only received $50 then she didn't give you all of it. it would place her in bad light. he would believe her to be a thief or a liar. no matter how you phrase it. i would spend much more than $50 to protect my wife's reputation. i don't know if this makes sense to you, i may just be confusing the issue.
homefront
Levergunner 3.0

Post by homefront »

I don't see $50 bills everyday, or every year, and if I saw one I'd remember. You probably dropped it, or it's still in your pocket, but a $50 is a memorable thing.
Rusty
Advanced Levergunner

Post by Rusty »

Andrew,
Keep us posted. I truly hope it turns out OK for you.

Rusty <><

Ysabel Kid

Post by Ysabel Kid »

Junior wrote:PS: panties. I found several pairs of panties in the floor in front of my cash register. Why a guy would stuff a pair of panties in his front pocket before he enters a liquor store, I will leave to your imagination. . . .
I can't resist. Junior, if the fellow already has her panties off, why does he need more alcohol? :wink:

Of course, maybe it's for him so he'll forget what she looks like! :shock:

Andrew - I'm with meanc - honest and upfront. If he says he only gave her $50, you need to ask why he didn't pay you what he agreed to do up front. Like cutter said, $50 isn't much to find out what kind of man he is - could have been a lot worse.

Problem is if he said he gave her $100. Then you'll be upset at one of you losing the $50 bill. In the end, not enough to kick yourself or your wife about...

Let us know. Good luck!
old goat
Levergunner 2.0

Post by old goat »

...Junior;
...I thought it was liquor first, cigarettes after!
..Did you sell cigarettes too?

...old goat
gcs
Levergunner 3.0

Post by gcs »

I have guys come by to pick up crabs, usually in the dark, I've made the mistake before of just sticking the money in my pocket, but then sometimes you can't remember who paid what, or at all.

Now I always count out the money in front of them, not that I don't trust them, but it stops the guessing game, and sometimes picks up an honest mistake.

On the 50, if you think you saw it, you probably did, 50's aren't all that common, or easy to miss.

Hope you find it.
Pete44ru
Advanced Levergunner

Post by Pete44ru »

[I have guys come by to pick up crabs, usually in the dark, I've made the mistake before of just sticking the money in my pocket, but then sometimes you can't remember who paid what, or at all.]

Why, I didn't think you were that sort of person ! :oops: :wink: :twisted: :roll:
gcs
Levergunner 3.0

Post by gcs »

Yeah, that didn't sound right. :oops: lol
Savage99
Levergunner 1.0

Post by Savage99 »

:lol: :oops: :lol:
Pete44ru wrote:[I have guys come by to pick up crabs, usually in the dark, I've made the mistake before of just sticking the money in my pocket, but then sometimes you can't remember who paid what, or at all.]

Why, I didn't think you were that sort of person ! :oops: :wink: :twisted: :roll:
Robert....

Chance favors the prepared mind....
PPpastordon
Levergunner 2.0

Post by PPpastordon »

Andrew;
You do not want animosity. You hope it is your mistake.
Haven't you answered your own question?
Accept the situation. "Bite the bullet" and call it your mistake. However, be more careful in the future.
BTW; I would suggest you pray for your customer and for yourself. I'll join you in those prayers.
Grace and Peace,
Pastordon
pastordon.wordpress.com