OT: Walker, Texas Ranger

Welcome to the Leverguns.Com Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here ... politely.

Moderators: AmBraCol, Hobie

Forum rules
Welcome to the Leverguns.Com General Discussions Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here other than politics... politely.

Please post political post in the new Politics forum.
Aries
Levergunner

OT: Walker, Texas Ranger

Post by Aries »

Just curious if any of you were fans of the hit TV show Walker, Texas Ranger and own any of the seasons on DVD?
Little Doc
Levergunner 1.0

Re: OT: Walker, Texas Ranger

Post by Little Doc »

NO,
but let me tell you a story. sometime about the year 2000 myself and four other folks were on our way to a weekend sass match. we had to travel 175 miles one way to get there. this required us to leave quite early. about half way there we stopped at a mc donalds to get a bite of breakfast. we all had on our cowboy clothers and really stoud out. before we left a man, wife and child came in and really looked us over. just before leaving i made a trip to the restroom and as i stood at the urenal doing my business this kid came busting in the bathroom hurried right up to me looked up and said MY MAMA THINKS YOU ARE WALKER TEXAS RANGER then turned and left. i never said a word, could not get the grinn off my face. i could tell you about our trip home that same day when we stopped at a chinese resturant to eat. the staff was form china and i never saw so many curious folks and they had lotsa questions. one never knows what the day holds when they leave early am for a cowboy shoot.
ld
marlinman93
Advanced Levergunner

Post by marlinman93 »

I better keep my mouth shut. Don't want to insult any Chuck Norris fans. :o :wink:
Pre WWI Marlins and Singleshot rifles!
http://members.tripod.com/~OregonArmsCollectors/
Pete44ru
Advanced Levergunner

Post by Pete44ru »

I'm about a third of the way into a historical book about the Texas Rangers, by Robert M. Utley, that's been pretty interesting.

The author has touched on many "legends", so far - including Sam Walker.

The book is: "LONE STAR JUSTICE - The First Century of The Texas Rangers" (1823-1910)

http://www.amazon.com/Lone-Star-Justice ... 0425190129

O.S.O.K.
Advanced Levergunner

Post by O.S.O.K. »

Little Doc - I shot CAS for quite a few years and had many similar experiences - but nobody ever confused me with Chuck Norris. :)

One interesting incident I will relate - I was coming back from a match and ran into a traffic jam on the highway just ahead of my exit - well being in Texas, I did what a lot of folks were doing and took the "texit" that was well worn. Well, there was a Sheriff's Deputy waiting... and had a line of cars stopped and flagged me to pull over. I waited in line as he came down the row of cars, pulling driver's licenses as he went. When he got to me, he asked me "Sir, did you exit the highway back there though the median?" I said "Yes Sir". He handed me my license back and said "OK, you can go"... I said "Thank you Sir" and drove on - the looks that I got from the people ahead of me were priceless - basically, "why did he let you go???"

I can only figure that I was the only one that answered his question honestly - that and my attire.... ;)
NRA Endowment Life
Phi Kappa Sigma, Alpha Phi 83 "Skulls"
OCS, 120th MP Battalion, MSSG
MOLON LABE!
bogus bill
Levergunner 3.0

Post by bogus bill »

I probley have been confused as "jingles" many times.

Ysabel Kid

Post by Ysabel Kid »

Chuck Norris has gotten into writing a regular column on "Townhall.com" which is published every Tuesday. He also has a new book out called "Black Belt Patriotism". One of the few who spent time in Hollywierd and remained a conservative! :D
C. Cash
Advanced Levergunner

Post by C. Cash »

I just simply don't have the time to watch it, but would with my boys if I could. It seems to be kind of the Dukes of Hazzard of our day....simple fun yet takes a moral stand. OK so Daisy in those shorty shorts wasn't apart of the moral stand but hopefully you get my drift. I appreciate Chuck standing up for what's right, and he seems a good example for the kids.
But God demonstrates his own love for us in this: While we were still sinners, Christ died for us. Romans 5:8
crs
Advanced Levergunner

Post by crs »

I did watch it some many years back. I have always been a fan of the Texas Rangers and have several books on their history. Also have been to the Ranger museum in Waco.
1. I met a Ranger captain when I worked at the DPS in Austin way back when and will never forget the image of confidence and keen eyed observation. At well over 6 feet tall, he reminded me of Bill Jordon; a polite, but very serious looking big man with big iron on his hip.

2. Some years back, we went to pick up a horse at the stables where my wife and daughter rode and saw an episode of Walker, Texas Ranger being filmed. The light drizzle kept us from hanging around to watch and get autographs, but it was interesting. Later, I made it a point to watch that episode when it aired.
CRS, NRA Benefactor Member, TSRA, DRSS, DWWC, Whittington Center
Android Ballistics App at http://www.xplat.net/
RIHMFIRE
Advanced Levergunner

Post by RIHMFIRE »

Its an alright show...
but sometimes a little too pc
I liked the shows that went back to the 1870s
LETS GO SHOOT'N BOYS
piller
Posting leader...

Post by piller »

I used to watch it with my kids when they were little. They liked the show and I was hardly ever embarrassed at something on screen that they shouldn't see. The actor who played Trivette was made an Honorary Texas Ranger for his work on the series. Clarence Gilyard lived in Dallas the last time I heard. I don't think the show was aimed at adults, but at young impressionable kids who needed positive role models.
D. Brian Casady
Quid Llatine Dictum Sit, Altum Viditur.
Advanced is being able to do the basics while your leg is on fire---Bill Jeans
Don't ever take a fence down until you know why it was put up---Robert Frost
Ysabel Kid

Post by Ysabel Kid »

piller wrote:I used to watch it with my kids when they were little. They liked the show and I was hardly ever embarrassed at something on screen that they shouldn't see. The actor who played Trivette was made an Honorary Texas Ranger for his work on the series. Clarence Gilyard lived in Dallas the last time I heard. I don't think the show was aimed at adults, but at young impressionable kids who needed positive role models.
Probably so - Norris has a charity aimed specifically at introducing disadvantaged children to martial arts to build confideance and self-control.
Rod WMG
Levergunner 2.0

Post by Rod WMG »

Old ladies seemed to like it, at least my mother and mother-in-law, both were in their 80's.
A man's heart devises [or schemes] his way, but the LORD directs his steps. Proverbs 16:9