Rapid mid-shooting levergun loading/topoff

Welcome to the Leverguns.Com Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here ... politely.

Moderators: AmBraCol, Hobie

Forum rules
Welcome to the Leverguns.Com General Discussions Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here other than politics... politely.

Please post political post in the new Politics forum.
AJMD429
Posting leader...

Rapid mid-shooting levergun loading/topoff

Post by AJMD429 »

Good video to show new shooters - https://youtu.be/0FIITv4YZuk

I see so many people who shoot lever guns, who don’t know how to top off like that, without taking the gun down off the shoulder. In fact, so many people I see shoot leverguns dismount the gun from the shoulder when just cycling the lever, which defeats one of the main advantages of the levergun. While it’s possible to run a bolt action while keeping the gun shouldered, and even keeping the eyes somewhat aligned with the sights, it’s fairly easy to do that with a lever action rifle, as she does, but many people fail to do that.
Doctors for Sensible Gun Laws
"first do no harm" - gun control LAWS lead to far more deaths than 'easy access' ever could.

Want REAL change? . . . . . "Boortz/Nugent in 2012 . . . ! "
GunnyMack
Advanced Levergunner

Re: Rapid mid-shooting levergun loading/topoff

Post by GunnyMack »

AND she didn't break a nail !
:lol:
BROWN LABS MATTER !!
jeepnik
Advanced Levergunner

Post by jeepnik »

Once again, a right handed "expert" completely ignores the southpaws of the world. She should have also demonstrated how to do it left handed. But I'm pretty sure the "expert" probably doesn't have a clue how to do it lefthanded. But fear not, it's pretty easy to load a levergun with it on your left shoulder.

I see the same elitism in most of the "experts" these days. There was a time there were true experts who could do any manipulation you could name with either hand. Today anyone with a smartphone can post a video proclaiming their expert status and their are folks who will buy into it.

OH, and as to the lowering of the gun from the shoulder to chamber a round and reload, I blame Westerns. Even the great John Wayne often did this. Of course, Lucas McClain didn't have to worry about lowering his rifle since it was already on his hip.

By the way, anyone ever tried to shoot a levergun that way. You can't hit anything standing still, much less while walking. Although with a modern laser you might do better.

And what's with the flexing at the end. I'm over 70, and I am sure I have more upper body strength than that little cupcake.
Jeepnik AKA "Old Eyes"
"Go low, go slow and preferably in the dark" The old Sarge (he was maybe 24.
"Freedom is never more that a generation from extinction" Ronald Reagan
"Every man should have at least one good rifle and know how to use it" Dad
oldebear1950
Levergunner 2.0

Post by oldebear1950 »

I am the good age of 73, and since my brothers and I shoot left handed, the only problem we had was loading with our right hand or reaching around with our left and loading with our left hand
oldebear1950
Levergunner 2.0

Post by oldebear1950 »

we grew up shooting left handed in a right handed world. Even the military tried to get me to shoot right handed. But when I had shown them I could hit left handed they left me alone. Only problem I had with the M-1, M-14, and M-16, was the brass would hit me on the back right between the shoulder blades, and boy was it hot
Scott Tschirhart
Advanced Levergunner

Post by Scott Tschirhart »

GunnyMack wrote: Sun May 12, 2024 2:26 pm AND she didn't break a nail !
:lol:
Which is probably the most impressive part of the video.
jeepnik
Advanced Levergunner

Post by jeepnik »

The USAF also tried. In fact in basic I was forced to shoot right. Hey, you didn’t argue with anyone with stripes.

First base I hit the qualification cycle for Prime Beef. The RO just laughed when I explained shooting right was their idea.

Never got any grief after shooting expert.
Jeepnik AKA "Old Eyes"
"Go low, go slow and preferably in the dark" The old Sarge (he was maybe 24.
"Freedom is never more that a generation from extinction" Ronald Reagan
"Every man should have at least one good rifle and know how to use it" Dad